Denmark v Scotland

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I was struggling there too.

We drew 1-1 away there at the end of Vogts' reign.  Is that the game he's referring to I wonder?

I would assume so.

1-1 away, and 2-0 at Hampden. Seemingly these are the only times we’ve played Moldova ever.

We will certainly beat Moldova, they’re sixth seeds and a worse team than the Faroes. We should be beating them at least 4-0.
I think we have the easiest group in the UEFA qualifiers actually, the draw was remarkably kind to us.
This was a very real and very rare chance to actually qualify for a World Cup.
Which we have completely messed up.

Some of the boys who played in the Euros and raised their game against England have to be asked why they can't do it against anyone else. Judging by the Euros semi-final, it would be fair to say that England and Denmark are fairly similar in quality and yet tonight we never looked like beating the Danes, whereas we could have nicked the game against England quite easily. The players need to look at the badge on their shirts for motivation, not the other team.

40 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Agree with all this except the bit about hanley
. I used to get him mixed up with the other guy he partnered a lot (under wee gordon). He was slow. Hanley has a surprising amount of pace. Hes not mobile , but hes fast like a train is fast with no real mobility (when he collides , hes going all in)

Would that be Greer? I thought he was half-decent most of the time and Hanley was the one who was most often criticised. They were at separate ends of the career timeline though and Hanley has undoubtedly improved of late.

Who was the fanny commentating on the highlights on BBC just there?

A constant stream of verbal diarrhoea. Talking up basic saves from Schmeichal as if they were world class and implying that not conceding any more goals in the second half was some huge achievement.

Would that be Greer? I thought he was half-decent most of the time and Hanley was the one who was most often criticised. They were at separate ends of the career timeline though and Hanley has undoubtedly improved of late.
Think he was meaning Russell Martin

Can we please just fucking bin 5atb now?  We concede just as many as we ever did, and we're found completely wanting in attack.  It doesn't work.

Oddly, I'd take it in a game like tonight when we have a full team available and against a very good team, but this evening was an unmitigated disaster.

What I will say is Denmark are quite simply a much better team than us,  and even at full strength we'd probably lose that game 9 times out of ten.  They've already pumped Austria away and took 4 off Russia and the Welsh in the Euros.  They're a quality outfit 

That doesn't excuse the absolute shambles of a first half though.  Robertson at RWB was catastrophic and Scott McKenna will never be even a competent CH at this level.  Tierney got two warnings from the same ball and still somehow didn't switch on to it before the goal.  None of the midfield put a tackle in for the first 45 minutes.  We didn't press, didn't show anything in possession and several players looked like they'd been plucked out the crowd.

Yes they managed the game to an extent in the 2nd half but Gilmour got on the ball, we made some challenges and we actually tried to pass it through the park.  All too late, but proof that we're not as abject as we made ourselves look in the first half.

Moldova are a pub outfit and Austria are a team we should be able to compete with. There are no excuses for not performing a lot better.

I’m gonna say it…
This team selection is worse than the Craig Levein 4-6-0 debacle.
I had to go to work during the second half so had to put Radio Scotland on. The pundits all agreed that the starting line up and formation was all wrong.

Not the slightest hint of irony that one of those making the comments was Craig Levein.