Denmark v Scotland

Just now, Jimi Shandrix said:

2-0 flattered us greatly. If Denmark could be arsed, that could have been another Amsterdam. Pass marks for Gordon, Hanley and Gilmour.

Yup. Danes visibly went into energy conservation mode as soon as the second goal went in. They stopped pressing in our half, stopped running into the spaces, and just left us to pass it about knowing we had nothing to hurt them with and we'd inevitably lose it as soon as we tried to play it forward. I dread to think what the score would have been had they played at 100% all-out effort for as long as they could.

13 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

1st half atrocious, 2nd half much better. 

Folk seem to forget that Denmark put 4 past Austria with ease. 

I'd have been more worried if Clarke hadn't realised his mistakes in the 1st half.

Denmark didn’t get out of first gear in the 2nd half mate. We were quite simply outclassed tonight.

We were absolutely fucking abysmal in that first half. Danes next to us were sound as f**k, but were basically at the patronising “at least you’re trying” stage now by twenty minutes in. Would have preferred if they just slated us tbh.

That first half, no man has ever done less to earn their salary than Kaspar Schmeichel tonight. Would have been as well not being there. Better second half, were at least competitive, but fucking hell it was a low bar to jump.

3 minutes ago, greenockraver said:
4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
This performance has been absolutely dire by any standard. It has been embarrassing and excruciating to watch this garbage.
Incredibly, we are stuck with the useless Clarke for another three years. If you love your country, just f**k off Steve.

^^ missed the 2nd half

I didn't. Denmark didn't get out of second gear. 

We were terrible - gutless, clueless and hopeless.

TBF, if someone told me after 15 minutes that the final score would be 2-0 I would have been quite happy.

Fair enough, Denmark were in cruise control for the last 60 mins, but we at least looked like we might do something with the 2nd half formation.

You would hope that Clarke at least realises that Robertson at RWB is a non starter going forward