Denmark v Scotland

Not a huge fan of that team but I suppose to play the devils advocate I’m assuming we’re looking to stop their full backs which were a huge part of their game at the Euros and putting our strongest 2 players there to combat that I suppose is one way of going about it.

Also going by the Tartan Scarf podcast, the Denmark guy they had on said Denmark’s main weakness was on the counter attack in transition so having Adams and Fraser there to try and capitalise that is, I suppose, an option.

I know Kenny McLeans never really let us down but I don’t see how having him in there aswell as McGregor and Gilmour makes a lot of sense, lacks a bit of dynamism we’d have got from a Christie/Turnbull, suppose we’ll probably be looking to match up with them and keep it tight and maybe bring them on later on in the game.

If I’m right and that’s our gameplan and we lose an early goal and we’re screwed tbh but if we can keep it tight it might do us a turn, whatever happens it’s not gonna be an easy watch.

7 left footed players in a starting 11 must be some sort of record.

Think we fairly regularly had that at the end of Strachan's reign. Gordon, four left footed defenders (Robertson, Berra, Mulgrew, Tierney), Bannan in midfield and Griffiths up front.

I had hoped for a lot of Scottish fans in Copenhagen tonight, but unfortunately not yet.. 🙄    Good luck though, may the best team win and hopefully an intersting game...  despite missing players on both teams.  I would have really wanted Dolberg to play, but besides that we have a good starting 11

1 minute ago, Lina_sif said:

I had hoped for a lot of Scottish fans in Copenhagen tonight, but unfortunately not yet.. 🙄    Good luck though, may the best team win and hopefully an intersting game...  despite missing players on both teams.  I would have really wanted Dolberg to play, but besides that we have a good starting 11

I have to admit that I’m not expecting much from Scotland tonight, we’ll miss McTominay, McGinn and even O’Donnell who, for all his faults, was our most established right-back.

9 minutes ago, Lina_sif said:

There is a few thankfully they have all got in the ground.Dubliner is the pub of choice 

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I have to admit that I’m not expecting much from Scotland tonight, we’ll miss McTominay, McGinn and even O’Donnell who, for all his faults, was our most established right-back.

Yeah i get that, I'm not that familiar with the scottish players, but from what i gather you are down quite a few important players. Commentators on tv here has huge respect for the scottish team though, Brian Laudrup in particular, hopefully will be entertaining either way.

11 minutes ago, Lina_sif said:

Yeah i get that, I'm not that familiar with the scottish players, but from what i gather you are down quite a few important players. Commentators on tv here has huge respect for the scottish team though, Brian Laudrup in particular, hopefully will be entertaining either way.

I think for us that away to Denmark was always going to be a game we knew we probably wouldn’t win. I’d bite your hand off for a draw right now given the players missing.

There’s a good chance it’ll be entertaining - maybe more so for you than us! 🤣