Thistle vs Morton 28th August 2021

The only negative was that we only won 3-0. We were very good but Morton were very bad. I’m glad Rudden scored because if he hadn’t today, I think he would’ve went months without one again. Everyone played well including the subs. Smith looks very good but unfortunately we can’t fit him in the starting XI atm, unless Rudden, Graham or Turner gets injured.

I think I’d have to go back about 4 or 5 years to find a team who offered less against us than Morton did today. A thoroughly miserable performance from the visitors.

Thistle strolled this game from the first minute to the last. As comfortable as we’ll see this season. Turner in particular was really good, and it’s hard to judge many of the others because they had little to do. Graham and Rudden on the scoresheet was a positive, and keeping a clean sheet after our previous defensive failings was also welcome.

Edited by Nightmare

4 hours ago, #Gary said:

Garbage.

We had a better than expected start to the season with results against Dunfermline and Accies, and probably should have picked up something against Queens.

So naturally today we changed the entire system to accommodate a 400 year old fossil who's best contribution to football is lumping a ball out for a throw in...

Ledger, McLean, Blues, Oliver particularly terrible. And Jack Hamilton was very shaky today and looked more like the keeper we thought we'd signed in the first place.

Dunfermline & Accies, great sides them haha

Us having a physical presence in the box - and Morton's obvious inability to deal with that - made it a comfortable 3-0 win rather than a comfortable 1-0 win.

I'm not expecting swashbuckling 2012-13 style performances every week but there were spells in the game were we looked flat from open play and I still think there needs to be a better click from the team overall to be confident of challenging better teams in the league. That may come from Hastie and Smith settling in, but I think we could do with another couple of additions over the next few days, with priority given to our right side.

If nothing else, having played Dunfermline and Morton it's encouraging that there's enough relegation fodder in the division to have the worst case scenario covered.

My favourite dish in life is Gus McPherson having a bad time.

Cautiously optimistic after yesterday. Hard to really gauge how good we were when Morton were that bloody bad. First time back in Firhill since Covid and questioned if my emotional return would be quickly soured by Thistle based disappointment but thankfully all came good. Robbie "all birds are snakes " Muirhead looks shot now which is a lol.

My favourite dish in life is Gus McPherson having a bad time.

Cautiously optimistic after yesterday. Hard to really gauge how good we were when Morton were that bloody bad. First time back in Firhill since Covid and questioned if my emotional return would be quickly soured by Thistle based disappointment but thankfully all came good. Robbie "all birds are snakes " Muirhead looks shot now which is a lol.

With any luck, some lowland league club will come in a take Robbie fucking Muirhead. Total imposter of a footballer.

Jersey Shore Seaside GIF by Jersey Shore Family VacationMutton fans next season if Saturday is anything to go by!! Lack of them on this thread shows they ain’t quite as cocky as they were 18 months ago!!! Could be medicine time for them come the end of the season and wouldn’t that just be lovely!

Edited by Sting777

16 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I was not happy about us signing a convicted sex offender as a centre back but can ye imagine how raging I would be if we signed a convicted sex offender and he repeatedly allowed opposition strikers free headers from set pieces?

Lithgow has been excellent so far. Hopefully just a bad day at the office for him and the team. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lithgow has been excellent so far. Hopefully just a bad day at the office for him and the team. 

Has he f**k. One clean sheet in four. Conceding two at home to the team bottom of the table then six in the last two games. It's not all his fault but he was the marquee signing of the summer and supposed to be leading the team from the back. The defence has been shite and he's been a part of that.

200.gifMutton fans next season if Saturday is anything to go by!! Lack of them on this thread shows they ain’t quite as cocky as they were 18 months ago!!! Could be medicine time for them come the end of the season and wouldn’t that just be lovely!
I don't think we're going up this year so I'd rather a big club like Dunfermline went down.

Good performance on Saturday and we should have won by more.

Every one of the back four had a great game. Gordon's only mistake led to his booking but, apart from that, he did very well. Kevin Holt was superb and clearly a threat in opposition box - perhaps he should have got a goal in 2nd half as well.

I feel Banzo gets taken for granted by too many. Nothing sensational on Saturday but I don't remember him putting a foot wrong the whole game. He keeps possession so well and always seems to create just enough space to get his pass away. Still our best player.

Couldn't believe how bad Morton were though. Must have been a real off day for them as, playing as poorly as that, they wouldn't have any points at all. As easy a victory as I've seen for a long time..

On 28/08/2021 at 19:56, Nightmare said:

I think I’d have to go back about 4 or 5 years to find a team who offered less against us than Morton did today. A thoroughly miserable performance from the visitors.

Can’t recall the exact number of years but you’ll find that it was also us and it was 5-0, at the same time of year.

22 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Has he f**k. One clean sheet in four. Conceding two at home to the team bottom of the table then six in the last two games. It's not all his fault but he was the marquee signing of the summer and supposed to be leading the team from the back. The defence has been shite and he's been a part of that.

Apart from Saturday what exactly has he done wrong?

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Apart from Saturday what exactly has he done wrong?

Been part of a central defensive partnership that has shipped six goals in two games, been exposed for a lack of pace, repeatedly left huge gaps between himself and the young full back on his right, failed to defend corners and mark opposition strikers at set pieces. His only good league performance was against a Brian Rice led Hamilton Accies team and that disnae count.