Thistle vs Morton 28th August 2021

Well, we were extremely lucky to only be one down after that shambles of a first half performance, didn't take long to fling another in. We can't even defend our own kick offs.

This is about the level of performance you'd expect with this squad. Just woefully underequipped for this level and a minimum of four players short.

Perfect game for us to have a makeshift back four, given that Morton appear to have nothing at all going forward. Ugwu looks good, but his hold up play is basically pointless when there’s no one at all supporting him.

We played fine, should have scored a few more. I thought Hamilton actually looked relatively decent in goals, which is always a surprise.

Good to bounce back after the Arbroath game, but I doubt we’ll have an easier game all season. 

Dreadful, dreadful stuff. No excuses as certain players need to have a good look at themselves.

Don't know if Jacobs is carrying an injury, but that was one of the worst games I've seen him play.

Gus has gambled in the transfer market and the lack of signings has cost us today and last week too. 6 points dropped in Gus's gamble.

We created nothing and our only meaningful shot came in the 90th minute. 

Simply not good enough!  

Edited by Colkitto

Positives - I had Partick -2 on, the myth of Cameron Blues being a footballer has surely been defeated for good

Negatives - everything else

I expect this squad to be pish, but that was something else. Also, no matter how bad you are at football generally, there's no justification for conceding goals like that from set-pieces. That's just gross incompetence on MacPherson's part.

Hamilton was actually very good apart from when the ball was at his feet, certainly saved it from being more of a hiding. Second half was better from us, we got Tiffoney into the game which we didn't in the first.

On the commentary it said Mayo was ill, whether he's got the wild shits or it's code for covid I'm not sure but he can't play next week either way and McKenna and Bell don't seem to be out for too long so hopefully we'll have a fuller squad for the games vs ICT and Killie. Still need another full back, Foster was fine today but not the game to judge him on.

Morton looked like some of the mid-table league one teams from last year,  no cohesion and always felt they'd give you a chance if you let them keep the ball long enough.

Garbage.

We had a better than expected start to the season with results against Dunfermline and Accies, and probably should have picked up something against Queens.

So naturally today we changed the entire system to accommodate a 400 year old fossil who's best contribution to football is lumping a ball out for a throw in...

Ledger, McLean, Blues, Oliver particularly terrible. And Jack Hamilton was very shaky today and looked more like the keeper we thought we'd signed in the first place.

First half was fine but second half we were really entertaining. Turner and Graham were excellent, and Smith looked great on the ball when he came on. Sneddon barely had a save to make. Overall a very enjoyable day. 

Edited by Slacker