Jump to content

Falkirk vs Queens Park


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

More shite.

List the "casualties" please, whose injuries are directly attributable to the surface.

I'll give you a hint, it's basically 0.

You're not getting it. We have had a number of bad injuries on this surface (Peter Grant and Quitongo have been out for four months). In my post I mentioned I'm not at all attributing this to either the Falkirk pitch or any grass pitch. I'm simply commenting it's been remarkable - bad luck if you like. I think maybe you don't believe I'm not having a go at some perceived unfairness. You're an angry man Ranaldo. We got the points today, good chance you'll get them next time. Enjoy the ride.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

You're not getting it. We have had a number of bad injuries on this surface (Peter Grant and Quitongo have been out for four months). In my post I mentioned I'm not at all attributing this to either the Falkirk pitch or any grass pitch. I'm simply commenting it's been remarkable - bad luck if you like. I think maybe you don't believe I'm not having a go at some perceived unfairness. You're an angry man Ranaldo. We got the points today, good chance you'll get them next time. Enjoy the ride.

 

Your posts seemed to indicate there had been a number of injuries due to the Falkirk pitch. Just poorly written I guess.

I'm angry at our performance today, yes, but not in general. In fact, I've just driven my daughter home from her work so can finally have a small libation. Peace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hall was fine today. Our problems were all much further forward.

I don't think he was bad or fine he was an accident waiting to happen,McKay will be back for our next game i think and Hall will be on the bench which IMHO is all he can hope for and let's face it he is still making a living as a FT footballer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kiddy said:

Bet you pair were applauding the guy who couldn't leave us fast enough, for an assistant's job, & wiped the best ever Falkirk goal from history.
That he actually won zero with them is just 40 years ago & memories to you though.
But I suppose he wore a kilt to a Cup Final, so fair enough.

What the f**k is this shite. 

 

Anyway, onto the game, queen's Park won't win this league, they are not even the best team we have played, brutal to watch the long balls and reminded me of M&M's style of play, only difference was Murray. Sheerin got it all wrong yesterday and we probably needed a reality check. Nesbitt wasted out there, hetherington was poor, was Ross playing? The subs offered zero omperon and Wilson are just pure pish. No idea why Krasniqi never came on to change it. Hopefully lesson learned. 

Edited by Believe The Hype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They were shite and we were shite but we were a wee bit less shite  
Always a laugh when Falkirk get beat that they were never outplayed or lost to a better side. 
 
ps I know we’re shite, but at least we can admit it. 

Rubbish.

Look at any of our games over the last, what, 2/3 seasons? And you’ll see lots of Falkirk fans saying how bad we were and have deserved to lose.

The performance today was still better than anything Hartley/McKinnon/M&M served us.

When you miss a penalty and have 2 offside goals, not your day.

As others have said, we need at least 1 (capable) striker in before the window closes. Wilson and Sammy have been woeful so far.

Impressed by QP not letting us play and limiting our chances to shots off targets.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time this season I think we can be critical of Sheerin. Pre-match I was happy with him adding an extra body to midfield given we were playing a title rival. But early in the second half you could see QP were happy to sit on their lead and he really should have sacrificed one of Hetherington/Ross for McGuffie and played the 4-2-3-1 which has been working well for us. 

Quite worrying how flat the game went after the second disallowed goal. I can understand the frustration from the players and how that could sap your motivation but we didn't muster a single chance after that. Not even a potshot or scramble in the box. Just a really drab end to the match. 

That's where your bench can bail you out but our squad beyond the first XI is dreadful for a title challenger. A lot of work for Holt and Sheerin still to do this window. 

 

Edited by lanky_ffc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

First time this season I think we can be critical of Sheerin. Pre-match I was happy with him adding an extra body to midfield given we were playing a title rival. But early in the second half you could see QP were happy to sit on their lead and he really should have sacrificed one of Hetherington/Ross for McGuffie and played the 4-2-3-1 which has been working well for us. 

Quite worrying how flat the game went after the second disallowed goal. I can understand the frustration from the players and how that could sap your motivation but we didn't muster a single chance after that. Not even a potshot or scramble in the box. Just a really drab end to the match. 

That's where your bench can bail you out but our squad beyond the first XI is dreadful for a title challenger. A lot of work for Holt and Sheerin still to do this window. 

 

I’m pretty sure we played a 4231 yesterday. Ross was playing in the number 10 role usually occupied by Nesbitt who was playing out left 

Edited by Rocco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure we played a 4231 yesterday. Ross was playing in the number 10 role usually occupied by Nesbitt who was playing out left 

That’s how I seen it.

It was the wrong decision and I hope he reverts back to Nisbett in the middle ongoing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

You're not getting it. We have had a number of bad injuries on this surface (Peter Grant and Quitongo have been out for four months). In my post I mentioned I'm not at all attributing this to either the Falkirk pitch or any grass pitch. I'm simply commenting it's been remarkable - bad luck if you like. I think maybe you don't believe I'm not having a go at some perceived unfairness. You're an angry man Ranaldo. We got the points today, good chance you'll get them next time. Enjoy the ride.

 

What you are forgetting is that Peter Grant played and trained for 3 years on this pitch, no injuries or issues. His career threatening injury actually happened at Livingston and then made worse at Ibrox the following. Both pitches were grass at that time. He was never the same after the game at Ibrox, which on hind sight to never had played in.

 

So Mr Velvet you are a Donkey cousin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed yesterday. Everyone at Falkirk was nice and the game had a good atmosphere. 

No doubt we were under the cosh for large spells yesterday. We defended very well at times. Good to see Fox and Kilday for the first time together. I thought they were excellent. Charlie Fox was my MOTM.

Murray is making a habit of scoring free kicks and thats the way uh-huh uh-huh we like it. 

Sorry Falkirk fans, you all seemed perfectly sane before the match but some of the 12th man shouts are hilarious. Keena parked his arse into our defender and hit the deck before Fox even jumped for the ball. He’s looking for a pen and cheated the ref. Then your No6, Miller I think, done the most spectacular dive in the box. Tom Daley would have been impressed. Really desperate stuff towards the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Really enjoyed yesterday. Everyone at Falkirk was nice and the game had a good atmosphere. 

No doubt we were under the cosh for large spells yesterday. We defended very well at times. Good to see Fox and Kilday for the first time together. I thought they were excellent. Charlie Fox was my MOTM.

Murray is making a habit of scoring free kicks and thats the way uh-huh uh-huh we like it. 

Sorry Falkirk fans, you all seemed perfectly sane before the match but some of the 12th man shouts are hilarious. Keena parked his arse into our defender and hit the deck before Fox even jumped for the ball. He’s looking for a pen and cheated the ref. Then your No6, Miller I think, done the most spectacular dive in the box. Tom Daley would have been impressed. Really desperate stuff towards the end. 

Millers dive was nearly as good as Murray falling in our box clutching his face after Mutch caught the ball. Then jumping to life again when nothing was given. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the posts in this thread are absolutely wild. Falkirk have every right to be disappointed with yesterday's result, but to suggest that you're somehow above losing to us is pretty strange.

If you're too good to lose to a wee team like Queen's Park then maybe you should've avoided establishing yourselves as a third tier club. Having big crowds and getting to the Scottish cup final 7 years ago doesn't entitle you to anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Some of the posts in this thread are absolutely wild. Falkirk have every right to be disappointed with yesterday's result, but to suggest that you're somehow above losing to us is pretty strange.

If you're too good to lose to a wee team like Queen's Park then maybe you should've avoided establishing yourselves as a third tier club. Having big crowds and getting to the Scottish cup final 7 years ago doesn't entitle you to anything.

How many times does this need to be explained

Falkirk deserve to be in League One due to years of being absolutely shite and losing loads of football games.

Falkirk fans should expect us to do better than being in League One and losing loads of football games because we have a facilities and budget advantage over every team in this league and many Championship sides. That is not a guarantee of success and doesn't mean we are entitled to anything.

A club with Falkirk's resources should be performing better than it is. That we are not performing better is due to mismanagement and we absolutely deserve to be where we are since football is determined by what happens on the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many times does this need to be explained

Falkirk deserve to be in League One due to years of being absolutely shite and losing loads of football games.

Falkirk fans should expect us to do better than being in League One and losing loads of football games because we have a facilities and budget advantage over every team in this league and many Championship sides. That is not a guarantee of success and doesn't mean we are entitled to anything.

A club with Falkirk's resources should be performing better than it is. That we are not performing better is due to mismanagement and we absolutely deserve to be where we are since football is determined by what happens on the pitch.

Your following deserves to be in the Championship. 4K attendance is too good for League 1.  As you both say though, it’s got to be earned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Millers dive was nearly as good as Murray falling in our box clutching his face after Mutch caught the ball. Then jumping to life again when nothing was given. 

Taking his cue from Keena who did the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many times does this need to be explained

Falkirk deserve to be in League One due to years of being absolutely shite and losing loads of football games.

Falkirk fans should expect us to do better than being in League One and losing loads of football games because we have a facilities and budget advantage over every team in this league and many Championship sides. That is not a guarantee of success and doesn't mean we are entitled to anything.

A club with Falkirk's resources should be performing better than it is. That we are not performing better is due to mismanagement and we absolutely deserve to be where we are since football is determined by what happens on the pitch.

Someone earlier in this thread claimed that is was "embarrassing to lose to Queen's Park no matter the circumstances", and there have been several other claims of a similar nature.

As it happens, the circumstances are that we're both full time clubs playing in a division that's notoriously difficult to get promoted out of, and realistically we also probably have similar budgets. 

That's football. I don't disagree that Falkirk are a big club at this level, but at least for now this IS your level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...