Falkirk vs Queens Park

Thoroughly enjoyed my day yesterday. It was more like a cup-tie than a league game with both teams going for the win. Not surprisingly, with a bumper home crowd behind them, Falkirk - still title favourites - had a thundering start and I was at the just-a-matter-of-time stage when we started settling down and holding the ball a bit more. Not sure where the hoof ball came from but the last half-hour of the game was what we are about. But expecting silky stuff for this match was too much and the performance overall was one that suggests whatever our Directors & CEO have plans for this season, the playing and coaching group are out to win. As a humble fan, taking 3 points from Falkirk at Westfield is as good as we could ever hope for this season.

As always, max endeavour and effort from all and a solid performance from all five in defence. Fox was outstanding again and continues to amaze with his ground skills. Kilday was exceptionally good given his time out and like Fox, reads the game superbly. Robson and Doyle both had control of their areas throughout. Willie Muir! MotM for me though was Gillespie. His influence on what happens across the midfield is huge and it happens every week. And then there’s Simon. Scuffs a six-yard sitter and hits a free-kick like Ronaldo. 😂 you gotta love him. 

Interesting to read so many FFC fans criticism of the ref. QP fan’s felt the same, especially in the second half. Maybe he’s consistently poor. Like most of them. The players did well in such heat and provided good entertainment. Both these teams will be in the top four at the season end. Decent travelling support, noisy to the end. Happy days😊

Really impressed with Fox yesterday. He seems quite comfortable on the ball for such a big guy.

For all that we were under a lot of pressure and seemed to give the ball away much more than usual,  the defence were solid and Muir didn't have a save to make.

A bold move to bring McHugh on, presumably to keep Falkirk concentrating on defending as well as attacking. 

On 28/08/2021 at 11:48, Shadwell Dog said:

Just can't see it ever being allowed I'm afraid mate. Too many issues. Polis will never let it happen.

Police seem to be quite happy to allow home and away fans in the same stand at the moment.

The free kick that resulted in Queens Park scoring if it was to be awarded should have been indirect for obstruction 

Mutch should have saved it and lost an identical goal last season but can’t remember who against.

Decent match that on another day Falkirk wouldn’t have lost and possibly won

Just watched the QP highlights and have to say it certainly looks like we were extremely unlucky. Not a great view for the first disallowed goal but it’s seriously questionable how he could’ve been offside when you see him come into screen. The second is questionable as well, however, the worst decision of all was how Gillespie didn’t get a straight red for that tackle. Lunging in straight legged with studs showing is as blatant a red as you’ll see. 

49 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The free kick that resulted in Queens Park scoring if it was to be awarded should have been indirect for obstruction 

Mutch should have saved it and lost an identical goal last season but can’t remember who against.

Decent match that on another day Falkirk wouldn’t have lost and possibly won

Brilliant. 

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Taking his cue from Keena who did the same thing.

They are similar incidents but the main difference being Kenna did receive a knock on the face totally  accidental where as Murray was hit in the face by what can only be described as fresh air. 

On 28/08/2021 at 22:14, Velvet Donkey said:

You're not getting it. We have had a number of bad injuries on this surface (Peter Grant and Quitongo have been out for four months). In my post I mentioned I'm not at all attributing this to either the Falkirk pitch or any grass pitch. I'm simply commenting it's been remarkable - bad luck if you like. I think maybe you don't believe I'm not having a go at some perceived unfairness. You're an angry man Ranaldo. We got the points today, good chance you'll get them next time. Enjoy the ride.

Peter Grant and Jai Quitongo are two players with a history of serious injury, pointing to those two and blaming artificial pitches is laughable. 

19 hours ago, Rocco said:

. Not a great view for the first disallowed goal but it’s seriously questionable how he could’ve been offside when you see him come into screen.

You don't see him on the screen; how on Earth can you say it's questionable based on when he pops in?

Anyway, it's been a joy to read the comments.

Was it Keena who missed the chance of the game with the free header in the first half and there's the penalty blasted off the bar. Blame in on weegie bias, refs, linesmen, diving, fouls that weren't given, non-fouls that were given, but if your guys had been able to put the ball on target, and the keeper didn't look like a bag of spuds trying to say Murray's free kick, you'd have won. 

22 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You don't see him on the screen; how on Earth can you say it's questionable based on when he pops in?

Was it Keena who missed the chance of the game with the free header in the first half and there's the penalty blasted off the bar. Blame in on weegie bias, refs, linesmen, diving, fouls that weren't given, non-fouls that were given, but if your guys had been able to put the ball on target, and the keeper didn't look like a bag of spuds trying to say Murray's free kick, you'd have won. 

Mostly fair comment to be honest.

Thought at the game Mutch made an arse of the free kick, Morrison looked well onside and the open goal miss (by Ross not Keena) was a shocker.

21 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I have said it’s not a great view but i didn’t feel it was offside at the time either. 

I think you’ll find we have all said we didn’t play well enough and that Mutch should have done better at the free kick. We made enough chances to win the game but QP got the goal and defended well enough to win the game. The fact we’re bringing up things like Gillespie’s tackle is what this forum is for, discussing the game. 

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It was Ross that missed with the header, good chance that Keena would’ve scored though. Given the proximity of the linesman to Morrison we can only assume that he was indeed offside, Keena definitely was with the second.