Falkirk vs Queens Park

Both teams huffed and puffed, our game died when Keena went off and the game perhaps should've been a draw with a free kick and a penalty kick.

Hetherington again for me not showing what is required, he runs about but his touch isn't the best and again stupid fouls, poor passing and not strong enough in the tackle. The 5 yard side or back passes are fine if he is in control of his area but he isn't. QP had Gillespie who shown how it's done.

Hopefully we see the silky Baptie get an opportunity in the diddy cup to show what he is capable of but him on there would've been my choice today.

We also played it safe today on so many occasions, attempt to go forward or pass it back and we choose the latter.

It's not crisis time but perhaps shows we need at least one in if not more.

Edited by MrDust

Unlike your earlier rambling pish my post wasn’t a rant but a reasonably worded opinion.
Having a bad day by any chance, you are having a bit of a shocker on here today.
Not half as bad as your heads gone seethe. But continue if you must.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:
26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Unlike your earlier rambling pish my post wasn’t a rant but a reasonably worded opinion.
Having a bad day by any chance, you are having a bit of a shocker on here today.

Not half as bad as your heads gone seethe. But continue if you must.

What heads gone seethe?

That was great. it was sickening last week to drop points where we really merited all three, but this certainly an enjoyable reward for work rate and organisation. A good deal of luck involved over both games despite all the analysis. That's football.

Gillespie has been great, and liked what I saw of Connor Smith. Thomson adds a bit of grit in midfield, but I'd like Darren Lyon get more starts. I thought Fox was great too, and couldn't really agree that his challenge was rash (I maybe need to see it again). How many injuries on this surface now?

Falkirk looked decent, and appear to be occupied with the same hand-wringing over goal threat that we are. Looks like an interesting season.

Queen’s Park pumped the ball long and over the top all match to Murray. No other route to go. After the penalty miss and the chalked off goal you just knew it wasn’t going to be our days. We could have played al night and not won.
Worrying thing is after Keena goes off we have no other options on the bench that look like causing teams any issues.

18 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

That was great. it was sickening last week to drop points where we really merited all three, but this certainly an enjoyable reward for work rate and organisation. A good deal of luck involved over both games despite all the analysis. That's football.

Gillespie has been great, and liked what I saw of Connor Smith. Thomson adds a bit of grit in midfield, but I'd like Darren Lyon get more starts. I thought Fox was great too, and couldn't really agree that his challenge was rash (I maybe need to see it again). How many injuries on this surface now?

Falkirk looked decent, and appear to be occupied with the same hand-wringing over goal threat that we are. Looks like an interesting season.

Don't start that shite.

There have been negligible amounts of injuries on our surface. Your brawny regen did his hamstring after stretching awkwardly. Nothing to do with the surface.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Don't start that shite.

There have been negligible amounts of injuries on our surface. Your brawny regen did his hamstring after stretching awkwardly. Nothing to do with the surface.

We've had far more injuries on grass in recent seasons than on.our own patch. Queen's park acting like the old firm moaning about astro.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've had far more injuries on grass in recent seasons than on.our own patch. Queen's park acting like the old firm moaning about astro.

They’ll be playing on an artificial surface when their new ground is ready as well.

On 25/08/2021 at 08:21, Back Post Misses said:

This gang (and we know a good few of them) couldn’t win at Methil and couldn’t beat 10 man Alloa. Nothing short of a victory is acceptable. Stop the service to Murray - game over. 

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

How the f**k was that a foul but Miller getting flattened wasn't?

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Glasgow team mate - it’s just the way it is in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Last week was 10 c***s and Goodwillie. This week it's 10 c***s, Murray and a ref.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Ref has been very kind to Queens Park. Not convinced it was a foul they scored their goal from either 

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Don't know where they raked up this ref fi. Giving us SFA, against the SFA's team. 

31 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Queen’s Park pumped the ball long and over the top all match to Murray. No other route to go. 

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Queen's park acting like the old firm moaning about astro.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Playing like Watty Smith in 2008 too. Yeuch.

A815F2F3-8E42-460B-B073-C77BACC21B58.gif.75593ee356fde2d8c583354fd31651fd.gif

Really impressed with our last 20 minutes. We looked a bit duff until then. Falkirk are a step above anyone we've played this year. What's this pish about the ref being with QP. Honestly, the penalty was a disgrace and how Millen stayed on the park was a wonder. Wee shite.

Anyway, great three points and I'm pished.  Great days.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Really impressed with our last 20 minutes. We looked a bit duff until then. Falkirk are a step above anyone we've played this year. What's this pish about the ref being with QP. Honestly, the penalty was a disgrace and how Millen stayed on the park was a wonder. Wee shite.

Anyway, great three points and I'm pished.  Great days.

Millen?

49 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nothing to do with the surface.

I'm not actually suggesting it's anything other than coincidence (I should have said that). QP train on an artificial surface, and will play on one from next season, but still remarkable the casualty rate on this one per games played on it. A jinx maybe is all.

24 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I'm not actually suggesting it's anything other than coincidence (I should have said that). QP train on an artificial surface, and will play on one from next season, but still remarkable the casualty rate on this one per games played on it. A jinx maybe is all.

More shite.

List the "casualties" please, whose injuries are directly attributable to the surface.

I'll give you a hint, it's basically 0.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We weren't beaten by a better team or outplayed today we just never took our small opportunities in the match and never played as well as we can. Which obviously makes the result more frustrating.

They were shite and we were shite but we were a wee bit less shite 😂 

Always a laugh when Falkirk get beat that they were never outplayed or lost to a better side. 

ps I know we’re shite, but at least we can admit it.