Falkirk vs Queens Park

We were nowhere near our best but I don’t think QP we’re that good either. Free kick aside, they didn’t create much but that’s what happens when you take your chances. 

Hopefully Holt and Sheerin have identified at least one forward player to bring on loan and this showing makes them get the finger out and bring them in. 

On 25/08/2021 at 08:21, Back Post Misses said:

This gang (and we know a good few of them) couldn’t win at Methil and couldn’t beat 10 man Alloa. Nothing short of a victory is acceptable. Stop the service to Murray - game over. The Albanian lad has to play 

happy die hard GIF by Sky

That just reaffirmed we are woefully short up front, As soon as Keena went off and Morrison the game was done. Playing pretty patterns means f**k all we aren't producing an end product. I thought we needed one decent striker in, after watching that today I think we need more. Credit to Queens though, great strike by Murray, we probably deserved a point, stonewaller for the penalty. Ompreon and Wilson are absolutely miles off league 1 level, yet collectively have 3 years of contract between them. Sorry Sheerin but you dropped a bollock there with those two. 

Might as well have asked the ref to blow for full time when Keena went off. Ompreon is looking as bad as anything we've had in my time.
Keena was on?[emoji44]
Nice that the young guy contributed enough for you to notice him though.[emoji6]

Guest Back Post Misses
33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Theres no excuse for signing those two Muppets. They were on trial for feckin weeks.  Got to question Sheerins tactics too. Krasniqi wasted sitting on the bench whilst hetherington was shite again. 

You can’t say anything bad about Hetherington now …….

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

How the f**k was that a foul but Miller getting flattened wasn't?

Deadly simple, neither dive in our box was a foul. Millen should have been booked for his and if the linesman had a pair he would have flagged for Keena visibly bracing himself for the challenge and crumpling like a puppet whose strings had been cut 

Back to earth with a bump today.
Competitive match but never made their keeper make a save.
Game was dead as soon as Keena went off, Wilson and Ompreon are atrocious.
At least two good signings away from where we need to be.
What the f**k is that rant about?
Keena was invisible!

Disappointing performance today.

Queen’s Park maybe just about deserved it on the basis that after we missed the penalty we just stopped playing. They saw it out fairly comfortably.

Didn't think we were awful or anything but we’re lacking up front and it’s going to cost us games like this throughout the season.

Lots to unpack there.

As I said pre game, nothing decided this afternoon, although a definite blip for us.

Fairly impressed by Queens Park, especially that last 20 mins. If we had that big bald midfielder I don’t think we’d have lost today (not saying hetherington was poor today, he just didn’t have anywhere near the presence or influence the baldy did).

In saying that, I can’t remember a game in the last about 5 years where falkirk have got that lucky and held on to a lead like that. Not just the 2 disallowed goals, missed penalty, free header inches wide that should’ve gone in, inside of the post, but the general breaks of the ball all falling for queens park and any wee flick just not falling.

Despite that, thought we were largely poor. We simply cannot ever have Telfer playing wherever the f**k he was playing today again. He’s our best or 2nd best creator but was basically playing CDM for the majority of the game. Sheerin, we can’t have that.

Felt for Morrison today. Had Robson on toast first half and if we had any striker ala farid etc one of his few tasty deliveries might have been converted. He also has to do it all on his own as Miller doesn’t get by him often enough (a problem that was painfully obvious in the 2nd half). He then was an inch away from the literal perfect penalty. Yes he did miss, but was an inch away. His confidence then collapsed in front of our very eyes. Couldn’t do a thing right. Any leader worth their salt would have their arm around him in dressing room after that game. 

Queens Park will be up there come end of the season, I don’t think anyone will run away with it 

Deadly simple, neither dive in our box was a foul. Millen should have been booked for his and if the linesman had a pair he would have flagged for Keena visibly bracing himself for the challenge and crumpling like a puppet whose strings had been cut 
The centre half was suckered into the challenge, soft as it was. We wondered why the keeper never came & claimed it tbh![emoji2371]

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Millers dive was ridiculous and I’d probably agree that he should have been booked. 

The foil for the penalty was definitely a foul. Keena has done what any smart player does and has put his body between the defender and where the ball is dropping and your idiot defender decided to try and go through him. It’s not a dive by Keena but absolute stupidity by your player

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

What the f**k is that rant about?
Keena was invisible!

Unlike your earlier rambling pish my post wasn’t a rant but a reasonably worded opinion.

Having a bad day by any chance, you are having a bit of a shocker on here today.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Lots to unpack there.

As I said pre game, nothing decided this afternoon, although a definite blip for us.

Fairly impressed by Queens Park, especially that last 20 mins. If we had that big bald midfielder I don’t think we’d have lost today (not saying hetherington was poor today, he just didn’t have anywhere near the presence or influence the baldy did).

In saying that, I can’t remember a game in the last about 5 years where falkirk have got that lucky and held on to a lead like that. Not just the 2 disallowed goals, missed penalty, free header inches wide that should’ve gone in, inside of the post, but the general breaks of the ball all falling for queens park and any wee flick just not falling.

Despite that, thought we were largely poor. We simply cannot ever have Telfer playing wherever the f**k he was playing today again. He’s our best or 2nd best creator but was basically playing CDM for the majority of the game. Sheerin, we can’t have that.

Felt for Morrison today. Had Robson on toast first half and if we had any striker ala farid etc one of his few tasty deliveries might have been converted. He also has to do it all on his own as Miller doesn’t get by him often enough (a problem that was painfully obvious in the 2nd half). He then was an inch away from the literal perfect penalty. Yes he did miss, but was an inch away. His confidence then collapsed in front of our very eyes. Couldn’t do a thing right. Any leader worth their salt would have their arm around him in dressing room after that game. 

Queens Park will be up there come end of the season, I don’t think anyone will run away with it 

I’m pretty much in agreement with most of this.  I thought QP were pretty mediocre in the first half and we should have made more of the possession, but it was a well taken free kick.

second half after the penalty was just so bizarrely flat.  Our three goal threats this season are Keena, Morrison and Nesbit, and all of them had really shit games.  Nesbit was playing lots of passes into space without checking if there was anyone near - and invariably there wasn’t.

im not overly bothered by the points dropped today as on another day we’d have won it, but the flat insipid performance and the lack of anything behind Keena as a striker worries me.

Couldn't understand the tactics at all today. Nesbitt has been a revelation through the middle so far this season so why the feck does sheerin stick him out in the bloody wing today where he's nowhere near as effective.  He put the cherry on top by  doing it to allow the hetherington to come back in and he was piss poor.

15 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Miller was a clear dive from the south stand.  Up there with the 2 pathetic efforts from Murray.

Thought we were the better team today and deserved to get something from the game.

But we didn’t have enough quality in the final third at all. If Keena isn’t at the races, we’re in big trouble as Ompreon and Wilson are nowhere near good enough.

Hetherington wasn’t bad but I do think Krasniqi would give us more dynamism in there.

Telfer played well but was far too deep. To me you want him in the final third not just in front of our defence.

A striker definitely needed.

Telfer pretty much ran everything we did well today. Dreadful decision for the first offside goal, and Miller should have been booked for his dive.

We hit approximately 6623465 crosses over the heads of our, ahem, "strikers" and Ompreon, Wilson and McGuffie all made us significantly worse than those they replaced. Ross was invisible, Hall and Dixon were fine, and I'm extremely disappointed with McCann so far. They way he was built up I was expecting prime 2016 Luke Leahy.

It was a definite penalty, and Morrison simply made a mess of it. No need to monster it after you've already put the keeper out the equation.

I was expecting a cracker today, I thought QP would make some attempt to win the game but nope. A selection of brawny regens at the back and midfield (plus Robson) and the occasional long ball over the top for Murray. Agricultural at best.

100% our own fault we lost that today. Extremely poor.