Falkirk vs Queens Park

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is the Graeme too risky for visitors?

Definitely not, basically you have to be a complete w**k to get bother there, and doubt any queens park would fall into that category.

Great having the football back. Few beers tonight taste better having the wee buzz of a big game tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I don’t really see the point in opening the north stand for a few hundred home fans.

Far better with a full south stand imo.

Completely disagree tbh. Falkirk fans in the North Stand is infinitely better (even just 3-500) and I gather the players feel the same 

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is the Graeme too risky for visitors?

Not at all, you would be fine anywhere. 

Nice big beer garden at the Graeme Hotel as well so if its a nice day I would recommend there, be more than welcome. However the nachos at behind the wall are dynamite if you are wanting a munch. Still not decided where I'm going yet. First game back for the laddie and ma old man today so I'm buzzing for it!!! 

Edited by Believe The Hype
Retraction

Guest Back Post Misses
13 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I don’t really see the point in opening the north stand for a few hundred home fans.

Far better with a full south stand imo.

Football is entertainment and Jamie Swinney clearly sees the value of that against the save 2p attitude of before. Having fans at both ends clearly will improve the atmosphere. God only knows that place needs it. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Not at all, you would be fine anywhere. 

Nice big beer garden at the Graeme Hotel as well so if its a nice day I would recommend there, be more than welcome. However the nachos at behind the wall are dynamite if you are wanting a munch. Still not decided where I'm going yet. First game back for the laddie and ma old man today so I'm buzzing for it!!! 

Just don't get the Large or you'll miss kick off 😂

12 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Completely disagree tbh. Falkirk fans in the North Stand is infinitely better (even just 3-500) and I gather the players feel the same 

Hopefully, if and when, this Covid thing is behind us we can allow fans to move from the SS to NS (or vice versa) at half time, away numbers allowing of course. 

This was something I asked Craig Campbell about before he disappeared and he said he was considering it but that the H&S folk at the club shit themselves when he broached the subject. f**k knows why?!

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hopefully, if and when, this Covid thing is behind us we can allow fans to move from the SS to NS (or vice versa) at half time, away numbers allowing of course. 

This was something I asked Craig Campbell about before he disappeared and he said he was considering it but that the H&S folk at the club shit themselves when he broached the subject. f**k knows why?!

Surely this would be nigh on impossible unless all the stands were physically linked together?

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think it would be feasible tbh. There are no safe means of doing so without being pitch side whether that be down the East side which isn't suitable to walk down without breaking an ankle on the rubble or by going along the main stand which would be a H&S issue since the number of fans going through the stand could potentially exceed the capacity of the stand (Unlikely I know but still a possibility).

*IF* we ever had a East stand/Terrace, I would like to see it designed in a way where it could be easily accessible from the SS (possibly a paddock style terrace at the front) but that is wishful thinking.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How do you envision it working? Potentially 4,000 supporters walking across or around the pitch in a 15 minute period?

☝️Obviously never experienced it at Brockville.☝️🤷‍♂️🙄

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

How do you envision it working? Potentially 4,000 supporters walking across or around the pitch in a 15 minute period?

Aye, you make a good point, however both stands hold less than 2000 and not every fan would make the move. We'd probably be looking at around 1500 or so tops. (Away fans, if there were any in the NS, wouldn't be allowed to move). It would have to be around the East side for reasons that LtL points out so a path would need to be laid to connect the stands. I don't see any problem in letting folk move maybe 5 minutes either side of half time either.

It probably wouldn't work if there was any significant number of away fans anyway so, after promotion :unsure2:, could only happen on a limited basis.

I'm all for LtL's idea re any new terrace though, surely the priority in designing it would be linking the two areas?