Falkirk vs Queens Park

On 25/08/2021 at 13:39, I Zingari said:

Queen's Park's aim this season is to consolidate the club's position and finish as high up League One as possible. I don't see Queen's as title contenders.

Three horse race surely for league one, perhaps Montrose as an outsider but can't see that.

There will be healthy competition for top 4 places.

23 hours ago, Zanetti said:

If what was reported in the media is accurate, that's exactly why McKinnon left. He was more interested in "doing a Gretna", spending big, and climbing the leagues as quickly as possible, whereas other people at the club have different plans.

Regardless, we have a good squad, and a full time side at this level should be fighting it out at the top end of the table and I think we will be (even if I do also believe winning the league is unlikely).

Surely McKinnon was pushed by playing with the handbrake on ?

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Three horse race surely for league one, perhaps Montrose as an outsider but can't see that

I think the fact we now have Queens Park in the league pushes Airdrie or Montrose out of a top four spot. I don't see Alloa doing anything bar mid table if they are lucky. I fully expect us, Queens Park, Cove, to be in amongst it then Montrose or Airdrie for the other place.

33 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Trigger warning *crowd w**k*

Any idea of the number of tickets sold so far? I'd imagine a fair amount of key workers might take up the offer of a ticket as well for the North stand. 

Surely we can't count folk with free tickets in the crowd numbers? If we have 3,000 paying customers and 1,000 freebies is that an attendance of 4,000? Or conversely, if we have 1,000 paying customers and 3,000 freebies is that a 4,000 crowd too?

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Surely we can't count folk with free tickets in the crowd numbers? If we have 3,000 paying customers and 1,000 freebies is that an attendance of 4,000? Or conversely, if we have 1,000 paying customers and 3,000 freebies is that a 4,000 crowd too?

image.png.96337ca5adf73a1931dbfd3df6bf860d.png

33 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Any recommendations for decent pubs in Falkirk centre? Or nearer ground? Been many years since I've been in Falkirk.

Asking for a friend of course.

Behind the wall is near grahamston station and they run a bus to and from the ground (or they used to and assuming they still do)

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Only free tickets that actually turn up at the ground are counted I think. And it's not like we've just given these tickets away en-masse. You have to actually go to the ticket office and claim it with work ID etc.

250 tickets sold for the North Stand in our end so far. Imagine that will be a mixture of paying folk and the NHS/ Carer freebees which will all be included in the attendance. 

Good to see only about 500 tickets left for the South Stand as well.

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Trigger warning *crowd w**k*

Any idea of the number of tickets sold so far? I'd imagine a fair amount of key workers might take up the offer of a ticket as well for the North stand. 

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Only free tickets that actually turn up at the ground are counted I think. And it's not like we've just given these tickets away en-masse. You have to actually go to the ticket office and claim it with work ID etc.

250 tickets sold for the North Stand in our end so far. Imagine that will be a mixture of paying folk and the NHS/ Carer freebees which will all be included in the attendance. 

I'd imagine all passes through the turnstiles will be counted. That they are all bar coded, they'll know exactly how many will be paid for or free.

Was in this morning & got an Adult + Student for the NS.

Also worth noting, that as @FVCollege haven't issued Student Cards yet, confirmation of enrolment is also being accepted.

They better be selling them "Exotic Coffee's" though, or ma blood's gonna be up, & that's before the game begins! 😂🤣😂

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Personally I don’t really see the point in opening the north stand for a few hundred home fans.

Far better with a full south stand imo.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I don’t really see the point in opening the north stand for a few hundred home fans.

Far better with a full south stand imo.

It's not. I've done 2 games in the NS and it was immeasurably better with Falkirk fans in both stands, night and day. 

I've been in nearly full South Stands and half full ones and seen little difference tbh.

Telling that the players noticed the difference too.