Falkirk vs Queens Park

45 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If Ellis summed up this season like that to the guy bankrolling you, he wouldnt be in the job for long.

I highly doubt Ellis had to sum the season up to anyone, he'll have been given the job knowing what the objective was.

Dempster herself has said on TV that we're not necessarily aiming for back to back promotions; the plan is to build a long term, sustainable model. The fact that we didn't go all out this summer with our signings, and the club invested in other areas, suggests that's probably true.

If what was reported in the media is accurate, that's exactly why McKinnon left. He was more interested in "doing a Gretna", spending big, and climbing the leagues as quickly as possible, whereas other people at the club have different plans.

Regardless, we have a good squad, and a full time side at this level should be fighting it out at the top end of the table and I think we will be (even if I do also believe winning the league is unlikely).

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I highly doubt Ellis had to sum the season up to anyone, he'll have been given the job knowing what the objective was.

Dempster herself has said on TV that we're not necessarily aiming for back to back promotions; the plan is to build a long term, sustainable model. The fact that we didn't go all out this summer with our signings, and the club invested in other areas, suggests that's probably true.

If what was reported in the media is accurate, that's exactly why McKinnon left. He was more interested in "doing a Gretna", spending big, and climbing the leagues as quickly as possible, whereas other people at the club have different plans.

Regardless, we have a good squad, and a full time side at this level should be fighting it out at the top end of the table and I think we will be (even if I do also believe winning the league is unlikely).

Most of us long suffering Falkirk fans wouldn't say winning the league was likely if we were 10 points clear with 4 games to go.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

If what was reported in the media is accurate, that's exactly why McKinnon left. He was more interested in "doing a Gretna", spending big, and climbing the leagues as quickly as possible.

That in itself is hilarious. Your promotion last season was the first in his managerial career. Given a massive financial advantage (again) would be the only way he could do it, as when there has been real competition, he has failed each and every time.

6 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I'm getting an all tickets sold message. Are all QP seats sold?

I can see loads left, the top 2 sections (as in furthest from the main stand) of the north stand here:

https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=95&hash=_tzV60q-KkPkCpvmHmzG59L8hj11531

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I can see loads left, the top 2 sections (as in furthest from the main stand) of the north stand here:

https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=95&hash=_tzV60q-KkPkCpvmHmzG59L8hj11531

Thanks. According to the link I used the last ticket was sold 3 minutes before I tried to buy 2 tickets. Using your link there were plenty of seats. However apparently being an OAP means you're not an adult so I had to pay an extra £7 to take my grandson.

7 hours ago, I Zingari said:

Queen's Park's aim this season is to consolidate the club's position and finish as high up League One as possible. I don't see Queen's as title contenders.

Haughey isn't paying a rumoured £800 to £1000 per week to various journeymen and shelling out for a full time backroom staff to finish fourth in this division.

12 hours ago, keithgy said:

I think we are looking at a decent crowd on saturday

Via a rough count on ticketmaster I reckon around 3.5k sold so far

Hopefully get to over 4k by Saturday

Can't see us getting too close to the 5k Covid 'threshold' though

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

18 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Real shame the effect his injuries have had, there was a period of time that I thought he would have had a fantastic career. Sad to see but hopefully he comes back strong.

I'm amazed he was still playing the mess his knees are in. Must be about time he gave in to the inevitable and called it a day .

42 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Grant was a colossus for us before his injury troubles. I have no doubt he would have gone on to play for Scotland if he’d kept injury free. A real shame. 

Aye I always thought that too, his performance with one leg at Ibrox when we were beat 1-0 by a 90th minute billy king goal was unbelievable. Big mans always got a soft spot in my heart for his time with us x

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Echo the sentiments re Grant, a real shame he got injured and hasn't been the same since really. Fantastic for us and always gave his all. 

He's been brilliant for us. An absolute rock at the back who reads the game so well. Given all his previous injury woes I was surprised that he hardly missed a game for us til he picked up that injury late last season. I hope he can come back from this, he's a class act on and off the pitch. His replacements have done OK but we're a better team with him in it 

16 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Your average attendance is 600. Those two blocks alone hold over 600. How likely is it they'll be sold out? 

😂 It will be nowhere near sold out. We took a decent crowd by our standards to Alloa last week so I'd expect a similar amount at Falkirk

15 hours ago, Charliechurch said:

Haughey isn't paying a rumoured £800 to £1000 per week to various journeymen and shelling out for a full time backroom staff to finish fourth in this division.

Why are all your posts always consisting of slating the club and haughey 🤣