Falkirk vs Queens Park

5 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Link on our website allows purchase of tickets to anywhere if unaware of the North Stand restriction.

That's strange as my link was restricted. QP stated on their post that we're designated to North Stand E&F. Rather that than with Falkirk fans in the main stand.  

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At least McCann will have an easy day. Lewis Moore is feckin rank.

Harsh. Moore has been pretty solid for us when he's played, looks more than good enough to cut it at this level. I'm fairly certain when he briefly played for you he was dealing with the death of his father which no doubt had a big impact on him mentally.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Harsh. Moore has been pretty solid for us when he's played, looks more than good enough to cut it at this level. I'm fairly certain when he briefly played for you he was dealing with the death of his father which no doubt had a big impact on him mentally.

He was crap when he played with us, murder when he played against us with Arbroath and poor any time I saw him play for hearts so Id say no he's just not very good.

Similar to last season, Falkirk are looking at a couple of games that if we win, would be a really demoralising blow to the sides that are likely to be in contention for the title.

Of course last season, M&M blew it completely, but the team (and coach) are different animals this time around. I don’t think playing for a draw will be in Sheerin’s mindset, but it will be front and centre for Ellis. 

Not a title decider by a long way, but Falkirk winning this, and knowing they can beat their closest rivals would have a huge impact on QP.

43 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That's strange as my link was restricted. QP stated on their post that we're designated to North Stand E&F. Rather that than with Falkirk fans in the main stand.  

North A & B are also for Falkirk fans, apparently at the request of some fans to make a "better atmosphere". It's always the same when a big Glasgow club comes to to the provinces.

12 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Harsh. Moore has been pretty solid for us when he's played, looks more than good enough to cut it at this level. 

He's not any better than any of the wingers we released imo. He's tidy enough on the ball but I've been quite disappointed with his end product. He's had a couple of assists but I'm not a big fan of wingers who prefer to cut inside rather than take on their man and hit the byline. He did this once against Dumbarton and we scored from it so need to see more of this.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think playing for a draw will be in Sheerin’s mindset, but it will be front and centre for Ellis. 

Haven't seen that from him yet and I don't think we will all season. We play to win every week but with a controlled and measured approach. This will be a good open game with a fair amount of cursing and heads-in-hands for both sets of fans.

32 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

That definitely isn't right. You're maybe following the link for home fans as no 'home end' tickets should be available. To confirm the arrangements for Saturday are:

466408555_ScreenShot2021-08-25at11_37_53.thumb.png.244ce512505cb20faad8583d5b17a54b.png

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That definitely isn't right. You're maybe following the link for home fans as no 'home end' tickets should be available. To confirm the arrangements for Saturday are:

466408555_ScreenShot2021-08-25at11_37_53.thumb.png.244ce512505cb20faad8583d5b17a54b.png

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Link on our website allows purchase of tickets to anywhere if unaware of the North Stand restriction.

Falkirk F.C Online Ticketing - Web (tickethour.co.uk)

Maybe there was a glitch at some time but the link now shows free spaces at our two sections, everywhere else is blocked. Conversely that if you go via the FFC website.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Similar to last season, Falkirk are looking at a couple of games that if we win, would be a really demoralising blow to the sides that are likely to be in contention for the title.

Of course last season, M&M blew it completely, but the team (and coach) are different animals this time around. I don’t think playing for a draw will be in Sheerin’s mindset, but it will be front and centre for Ellis. 

Not a title decider by a long way, but Falkirk winning this, and knowing they can beat their closest rivals would have a huge impact on QP.

Flip side being it's a massive boost if they win and a dose of reality check for us. We haven't actually given anyone a thumping yet, I don't see it starting on Saturday either. Think we will win but it'll be tight.

Disagree with the narrative that 6 pointers really exist in this league at this stage of the season. 

Just like last year everyone will take points off everyone. We will most likely drop points to cove, yourselves, alloa, possibly airdrie, Montrose. As will you. We’ve had a good start but our squad isn’t special. You might win this game, we might win, but the following league game could see us drop points v Alloa or Vice versa. Can see it being close come end of season 

On the game itself with Williamson still out I'd go with:

Mutch

Miller McKay Dixon McCann

Krasniqi Telfer
Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Keena

Subs: Martin, Lemon, Hall, Hetherington, Ross, Weekes, Ompreon 

Not sure whether McKay will come straight back in but given the dangers we know Murray possesses I would play him over Hall.

Should be a tight game. I think Queens Park are a similar side to us with tidy central midfield players who try and play football which will hopefully make for an entertaining match. With home advantage I think we'll just shade it 2-1.

Will be interesting seeing Doyle, Grant, Robson, Moore, Longridge & McHugh back at TFS (I know QP groundshared here at the end of last season) but more in terms of playing against us.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Queen's Park's aim this season is to consolidate the club's position and finish as high up League One as possible. I don't see Queen's as title contenders.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

On the game itself with Williamson still out I'd go with:

Mutch

Miller McKay Dixon McCann

Krasniqi Telfer
Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Keena

Subs: Martin, Lemon, Hall, Hetherington, Ross, Weekes, Ompreon 

Not sure whether McKay will come straight back in but given the dangers we know Murray possesses I would play him over Hall.

Should be a tight game. I think Queens Park are a similar side to us with tidy central midfield players who try and play football which will hopefully make for an entertaining match. With home advantage I think we'll just shade it 2-1.

Will be interesting seeing Doyle, Grant, Robson, Moore, Longridge & McHugh back at TFS (I know QP groundshared here at the end of last season) but more in terms of playing against us.

Won’t be seeing Grant on Saturday unfortunately, seems he picked up a serious injury at the tail end of last season and I don’t think we’ll see him play for months to come. It’s a shame, he’s a top player completely riddled with injuries 

1 hour ago, I Zingari said:

Queen's Park's aim this season is to consolidate the club's position and finish as high up League One as possible. I don't see Queen's as title contenders.

Play offs have got to be an absolute minimum expectation though I’d say. A full time side in league 1 have got to compete in the upper half of the league and if we didn’t achieve that, I’d be very disappointed 

1 hour ago, I Zingari said:

If Ellis summed up this season like that to the guy bankrolling you, he wouldnt be in the job for long.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Flip side being it's a massive boost if they win and a dose of reality check for us. We haven't actually given anyone a thumping yet, I don't see it starting on Saturday either. Think we will win but it'll be tight.

There are two positives for QP and one massive negative. Winning is the big prize, but very risky. Lose, and it’s a massive blow. Staying within 2 points of Falkirk will be the way he will play it.

Won’t be seeing Grant on Saturday unfortunately, seems he picked up a serious injury at the tail end of last season and I don’t think we’ll see him play for months to come. It’s a shame, he’s a top player completely riddled with injuries 

Real shame the effect his injuries have had, there was a period of time that I thought he would have had a fantastic career. Sad to see but hopefully he comes back strong.

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

North A & B are also for Falkirk fans, apparently at the request of some fans to make a "better atmosphere". It's always the same when a big Glasgow club comes to to the provinces.

Aye but this week it’s only Queens Park that are visiting the Bairnabeu.

Edited by Reggie Perrin