Falkirk vs Queens Park

Surprised not a thread for this yet.

Both teams will be confident going into this one.

I’d only make one change and bring Krasniqi in for Ross, Hetherington back on the bench after suspension. Would be hoping to get a striker signed between now and Saturday too.

Few ex Bairns for away team, can’t remember facing a team with so many previous players of ours. How is life after McKinnon?

35 minutes ago, Trump said:

Surprised not a thread for this yet.

Both teams will be confident going into this one.

I’d only make one change and bring Krasniqi in for Ross, Hetherington back on the bench after suspension. Would be hoping to get a striker signed between now and Saturday too.

Few ex Bairns for away team, can’t remember facing a team with so many previous players of ours. How is life after McKinnon?

I’d imagine both teams will be going into the game in a confident mood although slightly more pressure on QP to not lose with an unfortunate draw against Alloa. At this stage, I’d rather not become 5 points behind Falkirk

I think if you asked anyone, the football from McKinnon to Ellis has been night and day. McKinnon football consisted of cautious, uninspiring football which won us the league but anyone with an ounce of tactical ability would of won league 2 with that squad. Ellis has completely ripped apart that style and has transformed us into a team that play really exciting and confident football.

Our overwhelming issue is our inability to take chances. We create bucket loads of opportunities each game and we should of easily have had 12 points at this stage but we’re just not ruthless enough. If we lose Simon Murray to injury then our attacking threat is gone as there’s no info on when Jai Quitongo returns from his long term injury and quite frankly more often than not Bob mchugh is like playing with 10 men 

Difficult to split the teams. Falkirk probably have the edge but I would not be surprised with a draw. We have the perfect partner for Murray in Will Baynham. He will distract defenders with his height while Murray gets on with the job. Why he is not included in current squads is a complete mystery which the club seems to take delight in withholding from us. I would hope that we can get some loans in as our squad is paper thin where it matters. It is unfair to rely on youngsters learning their trade to come off the bench and make a difference if things are getting sticky. Big game, looking forward to it. Although I have no criticism of McKinnon I have to say that I like the new style that Ellis has introduced and I think it shows in the players.

I'll be surprised with a win at Falkirk. They're a better side at the moment and in good form.  We are very good on our day but still a little inept in front of goal. Honestly, we couldn't finish a 10 man Alloa and Cove were better than us before the Fyvie red card. I think we'll need to step up for this game.  

I'd like to echo the point made by qpfc, Ellis is a better coach and probably held back under McKinnon. Ellis can analyse the game and discuss different factors each week other than the pitch condition.

We don't have the goal scoring Bob McHugh that Falkirk fans claimed to have. His stats don't suggest he was a goal scorer in Falkirk either tbh. I don't think he'll get another contract at QP.

A good contest but Falkirk edge it. We may get a hard fought point away from home. A win would be magic. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

Should be a decent game this, plenty of our ex players in the Queen's ranks, Murray will be the obvious threat, I think us being at home might just shade it for us, both teams have players capable of a blunder and/or a red card in defence, Hall, Miller, Doyle. I'll go 2-1 us  Keena and Morrison, Murray for Queens Park 

31 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Should be a decent game this, plenty of our ex players in the Queen's ranks, Murray will be the obvious threat, I think us being at home might just shade it for us, both teams have players capable of a blunder and/or a red card in defence, Hall, Miller, Doyle. I'll go 2-1 us  Keena and Morrison, Murray for Queens Park 

Can’t judge his time at Falkirk but if there was a player in our defence that I’d have the most confidence in not making a blunder it’s Doyle comfortably. Genuinely haven’t seen him make any glaring errors since he joined. Tommy Robson is a wee bit weaker on the defensive side so maybe that might be exposed against better opposition 

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Can’t judge his time at Falkirk but if there was a player in our defence that I’d have the most confidence in not making a blunder it’s Doyle comfortably. Genuinely haven’t seen him make any glaring errors since he joined. Tommy Robson is a wee bit weaker on the defensive side so maybe that might be exposed against better opposition 

We were pumping Hearts 0-0 in the cup last January when he threw his brain away and brought down one of their gimps with an insane challenge for the match winning penalty.

He might well be doing well for you, and I'm glad he is, but he definitely has the potential to lose the head.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We don't have the goal scoring Bob McHugh that Falkirk fans claimed to have. His stats don't suggest he was a goal scorer in Falkirk either tbh. I don't think he'll get another contract at QP.

Angela Bassett Reaction GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

36 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Robson is probably having nightmares about Morrison already.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We don't have the goal scoring Bob McHugh that Falkirk fans claimed to have. His stats don't suggest he was a goal scorer in Falkirk either tbh. I don't think he'll get another contract at QP

He didn't score many but they were usually last minute levellers or winners.

His scenes:minutes ratio at FFC is why he's held in such esteem

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Apart from giving away the free kick last week that Alloa scored from?

47 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Is it sections E and F in the North Stand for away fans?

Sections A and B are definitely for home support I and imagine section C will be reserved for CEV fans, so away fans in blocks E and F sounds about right. I think that's where the Clyde support was last week.

Roughly what size of crowd can we expect from Queens Park? 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Apart from giving away the free kick last week that Alloa scored from?

Everyone gives away a free kick now and again. The ball was there to be won, would hardly put in the category of glaring errors. Was a cracking free kick tbf 

Edited by qpfc