Paisley Saints v Perth Saints

This is a game St Mirren must get a win especially being at home to kick start our season no doubt Goodwin will press on with 3-5-2 . Would expect McPherson to step into Power's position.  There could be comings and goings this week time will tell.  First game in almost two years can't wait. 

28 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

This is a game St Mirren must get a win especially being at home to kick start our season no doubt Goodwin will press on with 3-5-2 . Would expect McPherson to step into Power's position.  There could be comings and goings this week time will tell.  First game in almost two years can't wait. 

Need a minimum of 4 points from our next 2 games. 

After Saturday, that looks like a tough ask.

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I would go with Rooney and O'Hallaron on the right....Shitebag Scotty's worst nightmare 

Middleton IMO, Tansers hopeless when players can go either side of him. 

1 minute ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I know what you mean but a flying MOH with Rooney charging up beside him would be a joy to watch 😁

Rooney won't need to charge at him, just chuck him about like a wet tracksuit in the same way he ragdolled Robson yesterday 😂

St Johnstone yet to win a game this season; St Mirren yet to win a meaningful game this season. Will anyone break their duck this weekend? Probably. Will it be us? Doubt it.

St Johnstone 6/4 favourites for this and rightly so. As SN1F says, we can but hope they'll be stretched after what is already a fairly full fixture calendar for them.

We'll be without Fucking Idiots™️ Power and Dennis and, if Saturday was anything to go by, a goalkeeper with functioning wrists.

I can't be arsed to type out the 4-2-3-1 formation that we should go with, nor the 3-5-2 that we'll actually start with. I can't be arsed to type out for about the 15th time that McGrath and Kiltie can't play in the same line-up when we know they will both play.

3-1 home win.

10 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Genuine question, why are St Mirren fans so miserable? Things don’t seem that bad only three games in and I thought you had recruited fairly well.

On 21/08/2021 at 18:57, Coventry Saint said:

Think back to when Ross had just taken over, or when Kearney was in post. Our league position said we were shite, and nobody could understand why our fans seemed (mostly) happy with the way things were going. But in both situations, we could see an improvement in attitude, application and overall performances. 

I've got to be honest, this doesn't feel like that. This feels like a team that's been unable to score with any regularity for many, many months, and with a few key players who are after a move. This feels like a team being made to persist with frankly baffling tactics.

I challenge anyone to honestly say this feels like a team that's heading in the right direction. Just not getting that vibe from the players or their performances. 

11 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Genuine question, why are St Mirren fans so miserable? Things don’t seem that bad only three games in and I thought you had recruited fairly well.

image.png.0d3a28f4f5929b51f712867c3311158b.png

9 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

It's not just them. You saw last season with our "Callum Out" brigade too. Why folk can't grasp that nothing is decided in the autumn, I don't know.

The results that matter are in late spring. 

Anyway, if we win on Thursday, I couldn't care less what happens in this game.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

St Johnstone yet to win a game this season; St Mirren yet to win a meaningful game this season. Will anyone break their duck this weekend? Probably. Will it be us? Doubt it.

St Johnstone 6/4 favourites for this and rightly so. As SN1F says, we can but hope they'll be stretched after what is already a fairly full fixture calendar for them.

We'll be without Fucking Idiots™️ Power and Dennis and, if Saturday was anything to go by, a goalkeeper with functioning wrists.

I can't be arsed to type out the 4-2-3-1 formation that we should go with, nor the 3-5-2 that we'll actually start with. I can't be arsed to type out for about the 15th time that McGrath and Kiltie can't play in the same line-up when we know they will both play.

3-1 home win.

Dennis should be back.

He missed the Livingston and Green Bigot games.

I'm anticipating us either losing to LASK, selling McCann, then losing this in a similar manner as our pumping a few years back, or beating LASK, announcing Vertainen, and finally clicking and absolutely demolishing St Mirren.

No middle ground IMO.

It's not just them. You saw last season with our "Callum Out" brigade too. Why folk can't grasp that nothing is decided in the autumn, I don't know.
The results that matter are in late spring. 

Spot on, although the results do still have a bearing on the season as a whole. Since the introduction of the league cup group stages it has become somewhat of a tradition for a number of St Mirren fans to lose the ability to think rationally shortly after. We saw it last season, we’ll probably be saying the same thing this time next year.

Much like Sunday, where I wasn't bothered about the result as there was too much joy in seeing Pawlett getting sent off for diving, I'll happily see us lose this (if we win on Thursday) as long as I get to see Rooney fucking crumple Tanser at some point.

15 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Spot on, although the results do still have a bearing on the season as a whole.

I genuinely don't think they do. Performances maybe do, certainly more than results but even then they can be turned round. 

My only concern about Jim Goodwin would be his results in big games (that might stop you really achieving) but overall, St Mirren will move in the right direction if they just trust him and don't shit the bed.