The Tom Daley Tribute Act v The Livi Lions

In football when you set up for a draw against a better team, you usually get beat
Why play 3 midfielders that are happy playing along the halfway line, and 2 wingers who are hugging the touch line, and for long periods out of the game,1 man up top with no hope of causing  any problems.
You just can't have all your midfield sitting deep, with 2 wingers deprived  of the ball, no midfielders willing to burst forward, there are too many players in this team with lack of pace, and don't know where they're supposed to be playing.

As I said at the start of season Livi will have 0 or 1 point out of first 6 games.
So that's 4 down with 0 points.....

Formation  4-1-4-1

Stryjek    4/10     Jittery today
Devlin     4/10     Gets dragged out of position  too often
Obileye  4/10     Not a centre back, could be ok as defensive midfielder, only problem is all  Livi midfield are defensive minded with no pace.
Fitzwater 4/10    Not totally convinced by his defending balls over the top
Penrice    3/10     Does very little 
Holt       4/10        Not an attacking midfielder
Bailey  6/10        Obvious he has pace, could be a good player alongside better players. He was  invisible  last week
Sibbald  4/10     Not an attacking midfielder
Shinnie  4/10     Not an attacking midfielder
Forrest  3/10      Can be good, no help from midfield, disappears for long spells
Anderson 2/10  On todays showing poor, but not totally all his fault, no midfield support

Kelly   1/10           Never see him do anything good, can't defend 
Jacobs  1/10      Another defensive midfielder, who is now not good enough
Hamilton 1/10    Not his fault, but will never be good enough, he's not lazy just naturally  very slow, as the saying goes.... I've seen milk turn quicker

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

All went to f**k with Kelly coming on, as it has in our last 3 games, was a forced sub this time but none the less, Martindale has to take responsibility for not having signed another CB, and actually playing Kelly there in the first place.

Kelly defends with his arms and not his legs. He has no interest in tackling his opponent, instead just grabbing at their torso constantly and trying to barge into them. 

7 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Kelly defends with his arms and not his legs. He has no interest in tackling his opponent, instead just grabbing at their torso constantly and trying to barge into them. 

We were told by a couple of posters from other teams Kelly would be a disaster as a CB, how the f**k Martindale can't see that is worrying. Have to wonder what he even saw in him to sign him, even worse keeps playing him. We've not been behind in any of our last 3 league games till Kelly came on, then lost every one of them. Hibs hadn't had a clear shot on goal till Kelly replaced Fitzwater, barely a minute after he came on and Nisbet had a yard of room to pick his spot and get his shot away. Feel for Devlin, Penrice and Obileye, all their hard work and effort defending well, counted for nothing because of Kelly.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I thought Ross County were awful until I saw Livi today. Total anti / non football.

They are either going doon or in the playoff.

Hibs? Barely reached 2nd gear.

We have 11 players out atm, 4 of those had to be on the bench today to fill a squad. I'd only just heard about how bad it was but seems as though we're seriously struggling with injuries/COVID/illness and have been since the season started. 

Williamson had to be withdrawn due to issues coming from a post-Covid blood test and we couldn't risk him or his health. Sibbald had to play through an injury, we've recently had Jack McMillan playing through a broken kneecap and Longridge with an ankle injury too. 

I've only just found out about Bruce Anderson as well, he passed out on the park today due to a diabetic fit/seizure and is currently in hospital overnight for tests and monitoring. Fitzwater and Stryjek were being sick at half time, Fitzwater had to pull his shirt over his face and be sick down his top when he was getting subbed. 

Martindale made a comment that we have 7 match fit players out of a squad of 23/24 or so. Feels like the International break has come at a good time for us I reckon.

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I thought Ross County were awful until I saw Livi today. Total anti / non football.

They are either going doon or in the playoff.

Hibs? Barely reached 2nd gear.

Aye and until Fitzwater went off being sick you weren't looking like going any higher than 2nd gear all game. Take Boyle out your team and you'd be struggling.