Hello from the USA

C. MacLeod

On 23/08/2021 at 15:50, C. MacLeod said:

Tell me about Aberdeen FC. I was checking out the Scottish teams' characteristics of play on WhoScored and they are one of the teams I think I want to keep an eye on (Hibernian, who I enjoyed watching play yesterday, and St. Johnstone were the others that seemed to have a style I'd enjoy). Of course style can vary greatly from manager to manager. Does Aberdeen generally play attractive football? Is there great atmosphere at the stadium?

Yes Aberdeen is brilliant. Think Monaco but at about 5 degrees C and a force 9 Gale.  Ignore anything from Dundee supporters, bunch of muppets.

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yes Aberdeen is brilliant. Think Monaco but at about 5 degrees C and a force 9 Gale.  Ignore anything from Dundee supporters, bunch of muppets.

😅

Sounds good. If CBS Sports Network keeps showing the Sunday noon kickoff (7 a.m. kickoff for me!), I'll get a chance to see Aberdeen against St. Mirren a month from today. Looking forward to it.

On 24/08/2021 at 23:45, C. MacLeod said:

😂

Oh, I know. But I was just thinking, didn't the guys in Trainspotting support Hibs?

If you like fat racists then Kilmarnock are the team for you. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

If you like fat racists then Kilmarnock are the team for you. 

Thank you. 

Well, fat is of no consequence, but I can't say that racists are my favorite people. But surely there are some nice folks who support them as well.

16 hours ago, C. MacLeod said:

Well, fat is of no consequence, but I can't say that racists are my favorite people. But surely there are some nice folks who support them as well.

Welcome, CeeMac. Of course there are a few 'guid fowk' who support Killie, none more staunch n' cuddly than Gordon Sawers, a diehard Confidemusian who does not suffer from anger or blood pressure issues.

"Yeez ur destroyin' ma f*ckin' ........happiness !!"

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Welcome, CeeMac. Of course there are a few 'guid fowk' who support Killie, none more staunch n' cuddly than Gordon Sawers, a diehard Confidemusian who does not suffer from anger or blood pressure issues.

"Yeez ur destroyin' ma f*ckin' ........happiness !!"

🤣

So laid back and even-tempered it's rather hilarious. Thanks for that. 🤣

On 24/08/2021 at 00:46, C. MacLeod said:

A good rundown that gave me a good laugh. 😂

Ross County certainly doesn't sound like something I'd want to get involved in. I see Malky Mackay is their manager. I remember him from Cardiff. Didn't realize he had such personality flaws. I suppose I could live with sheep, mini-Celtic (or mini-Rangers) or boring but decent. We'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Ross does have the scenery though , and the hospitality and when they play Inverness C.T. the Derby is known as the Kessico

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Dundee and Dundee United are both owned by wealth off the radar Americans.

A fat lot of fucking good it has done us too.

Do you have money?

I wish I were wealthy enough to own a football club, but I could better afford just a football. 😇

1 hour ago, Ewan8472 said:

Ross does have the scenery though , and the hospitality and when they play Inverness C.T. the Derby is known as the Kessico

Sounds like where I grew up in north central West Virginia. Very rural, very backward but a truly beautiful area. Best I can do with the rivalry is The Backyard Brawl (West Virginia University vs. University of Pittsburgh). College sports seem to serve the same role as the local clubs do in the U.K.

2 hours ago, Ewan8472 said:

At times the coldest place in the universe

Sounds like old times for me. I'm in a moderate climate now, but where I grew up you could count on the temperature falling to -28C and a knee-high snowfall every year. I've been known to climb out the bathroom window to shovel snow drifts away from the doors to get out. 😄

45 minutes ago, C. MacLeod said:

Sounds like old times for me. I'm in a moderate climate now, but where I grew up you could count on the temperature falling to -28C and a knee-high snowfall every year. I've been known to climb out the bathroom window to shovel snow drifts away from the doors to get out. 😄

You should really stop inviting strangers into your bath.