Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

Bit like world history, today was marked by AD (Adam Damaged)

I really don’t like watching Alexander’s football. I guess we must be playing percentages but it just feels wrong to defend a corner 10 minutes into a game with 11 men in the box. Dundee centre halves standing 5 years past the centre circle.

we were under the kosh for the first 15 mins and couldn’t get a breath.

Three events stick out for me, Grimshaw on the near touch line skipping by three players, cut inside and passes to a Dundee player when it would have been easier to pass it to a teammate. Two of our players colliding just before Adam went down and Woolery just needing to trap a crossfield ball and it going out for a shy. All basic, all preventable, all eye wateringly bad. Add in Kelly getting a yellow for time eating and VanVeen arguing over a shy that was called correct.

From Dundee’s point of view, I can only guess it was felt McGowan’s game is too similar to Adam’s for them both to start as I felt he continually offered something positive.

Draw would have been a fair result. It was horrible to watch, football and entertainment were done a disservice today.

Edited by Kapowzer

22 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

On the coverage I didn't see anything meriting a penalty (I freely admit I may make a worse ref than Willie Collum, though difficult to imagine being much worse)
But it was a stick-on corner, and that should've been blatantly obvious.  But it was all in a good cause as enough of that bi-partisan niceness - we won - excellent!

Oh, and the Beeb had us with 3 shots on target so ... "yah boo sucks" to all that difficult maths stuff earlier ;)
If I was a Dundee fan I would be perturbed to see 15 shots with only 2 on target (straight at Kelly, iirc)

image.png.4154c76ab3dbf970c9d704d74e4c62c1.png

So Motherwell put 75% of shots on target and Dundee scraped 13%.

Oh dear.

Meh, it was fun to be in an away end again. From a Dundee POV we were unlucky to lose today, but - McMullan's screamer aside - our finishing was rancid, so no real complaints. 

Can't tell if Motherwell scored with the only moment of quality of the game or an attempted flick-on which crept in, but either way Watt was decent. 

I think both sides will be fine, but I'd quite us to increase my faith in this quickly, preferably by beating Livi next time out. 

Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old c**t, or whether it was the hangover I had today, but has the drumming in the East Stand always been constant for 90 minutes? 

Give it a fucking rest for a couple of minutes now and again. 

Also, as I said a few weeks back, not really sure what Woolery is offering here. 

26 minutes ago, Desp said:

Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old c**t, or whether it was the hangover I had today, but has the drumming in the East Stand always been constant for 90 minutes? 

Give it a fucking rest for a couple of minutes now and again. 

Also, as I said a few weeks back, not really sure what Woolery is offering here. 

I bit my lip at Livi last week, no hangover but home with a headache.

27 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
I said it to ma mates today.
I doubt we are ever gonna leave Fir Park saying "we were fucking great today" under Alexander.

But let's shitfest our way forward.

We did, it was on opening day against Hibs .....

14 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I still can't make my mind up whether KVV will get more goals or yellow cards but I expect both to be in double figures.

If Mugabi is the answer then I really don't know what the question is.

He certainly seemed like a very angry young man at times when he came on. 

This is the type of game that badly needed a Greg Stewart type figure to take the game by the scruff of the neck (for either side). Shame that he's going to India.

I have to say, Alexander's angry faux hard man act on the touchline has a quality pantomime bad guy vibe. 

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Say it again.  KvV's touch at the end of the game 😍  

Are the Dundee fans claiming the stonewall penalty was the same move as the goal kick that should have been a corner?  😂

TBF I think it's just me claiming that, and I still think it's a Pen, pushed in the back.

My take on the game today is that Motherwell aren’t very good at passing and Dundee aren’t very good at punishing us for our bad passing.

Aberdeen and Rangers next, need to sharpen up.