Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

That was absolutely brutal all round. I can’t remember either keeper making a save worth talking about? McMullan had a cracking shot off the bar and we had our goal and that was about that.

I take it the red card was for a follow through? Carroll does have a rash moment in him.

I’ve no idea when the alleged stonewaller Dundee fans are talking about happened? No recollection of a penalty shout at all.

Can’t complain when you win your worst performance of the season so far.

To put it in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren’t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee.

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

To put it in gentleman’s terms if you’ve been out for a night and you’re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they’re good looking and some weeks they’re not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren’t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let’s have a coffee.

Pants as a trophy?

25 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

We had 2 footballers in the entire team today, Slattery and Watt. Outside of those 2 it’s a tough watch- although Goss looks like he did indeed have a lovely left foot when he was on. 

I like Grimshaw but he’s never a midfielder. O’Hara was probably even worse. We NEED to sort that area of the park out and find the right balance or better teams than Dundee will take advantage. 

The defence was solid though and it was nice to get a clean sheet. Big Ojala might not be one for playing out from the back but he looks a calm, experienced defender who reads the game well. No more Mugabi at right back though please. 

The front 3 doesn’t convince, expect Tony Watt who’s still absolutely class. 

Would have absolutely taken 7 points from the first 4 games so overall can’t complain but it’s fair to say we’re very much a work in progress. 

I think the midfielders individually did good things but as a unit did not screen the defence and did not create anything for the attack.  The front 3 are equally single minded and work alone.  We need these units to be more cohesive and more productive.

Just now, Antiochas III said:

Best part of the game except the goal was KvV trapping that ball dead at the end.  Absolute quality.  If Motherwell don't show an every angle video of that then they suck.  

He doesn’t like losing a throw in either.

That was absolutely brutal all round. I can’t remember either keeper making a save worth talking about? McMullan had a cracking shot off the bar and we had our goal and that was about that.

I take it the red card was for a follow through? Carroll does have a rash moment in him.

I’ve no idea when the alleged stonewaller Dundee fans are talking about happened? No recollection of a penalty shout at all.

Can’t complain when you win your worst performance of the season so far.

Penalty shout seemed to be what looked like a fairly blatant barge in the back just into injury time, looked a good shout from the other end of the park to be fair. They then started bitching about a corner which I’ve no idea about.

Van Veen getting booked was a certainty, the linesman got the decision wrong but you cannae be telling him he needs glasses with a ref like Collum.

2 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Penalty shout seemed to be what looked like a fairly blatant barge in the back just into injury time, looked a good shout from the other end of the park to be fair. They then started bitching about a corner which I’ve no idea about.

Van Veen getting booked was a certainty, the linesman got the decision wrong but you cannae be telling him he needs glasses with a ref like Collum.

The linesman got the decision spot on. Was right at my seat and came of Van Veen's heel. Stupid to get so heated in any case.

What a terrible game of football but take the win. Hopefully with Slattery, Watt and Van Veen and potential Goss we might start to make some passes and run towards goal this season. 

Well where to start other than RossDee is a tad bitter. Lots of decent Dees on here but you can’t win them all…

For the 1st 20 minutes Dundee bossed it and passed the ball well. We got away with one with McMullan effort. Decent hit and very unlucky. We started to get into the game and passed the ball reasonable well and started to look like a football team. We scored. 

Second half we created a few chances on the break but again Dundee bossed the game and we seemed content to let them🤷‍♂️. It was not that enjoyable in truth but I accept we are still bedding new players in and missing a few key players also. Unlikely we will see our best team for a good few weeks. 

After the red card happy to take 1-0 by shitfesting our way. So many teams have done it to us. Happy we were able to see the game out. Not a good performance at all but I have seen us dominate games and lose 1-0 as happened several times at this stage last season. 

Off to enjoy a Lamb Jalfrezie and a few beers. 

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

The best bit of the game was wee Willie thinking about booking Grimmy for kicking the ball away and changing his mind when the East stand got him telt.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

This was the bestest :

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Fully approving the Well Bois causing the game to stop by keeping the ball, the rest of the crowd booing so they throw it back and Ashcroft toeing it straight back into them. 

Thank you. 

A welcome 3 points but absolutely awful to watch. Dundee controlled most of that. The better teams will murder us.

Our pass completion score must’ve been, er, “low”

I’m a tad concerned Amaluzor and Woolery as just Seedorf and Hylton mark 2.

Still, is that 9 wins and a draw in the last 10 league games v Dundee now?

Dundee did what winds me up when we do it - they didn't score when they were on top and in our league, that makes a difference. And when I say Dundee were on top, I can't remember many teams dominating to the extent that they did in the first half hour - although they weren't giving Kelly much to do. Adam going off was a bit of a game changer obviously and the subsequent boot to the baws courtesy of Tony Watt visibly knocked the stuffing out them for a while.

We were a mixed bag to be kind - I thought Ojala and Lamie played really well in Central defence, I thought Slattery had a very decent game and Watt did what he's been doing for a year and more. Other than that, there were a lot of mistakes and misfires. Grimmy and O'Hara can't be two of a midfield 3 and the higher quality teams in the league would have them for dinner.

Carrol's tacking is wild and he almost got sent off last week - he needs to calm that down as he was fortunate he didn't cost us anything today. 

Anyway - being back in my own seat, seeing the folk around me for the first time in ages and winning 3 points in the sun was fucking lovely stuff.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

On the coverage I didn't see anything meriting a penalty (I freely admit I may make a worse ref than Willie Collum, though difficult to imagine being much worse)
But it was a stick-on corner, and that should've been blatantly obvious.  But it was all in a good cause as enough of that bi-partisan niceness - we won - excellent!

Oh, and the Beeb had us with 3 shots on target so ... "yah boo sucks" to all that difficult maths stuff earlier ;)
If I was a Dundee fan I would be perturbed to see 15 shots with only 2 on target (straight at Kelly, iirc)

image.png.4154c76ab3dbf970c9d704d74e4c62c1.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons