Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

So you can't comment on the Livi game as you never seen it, weren't impressed with how you played against St Johnstone and looked good at times against Hibs and this has led to an opinion of an alternative approach for the league campaign?
Michael Owen in disguise?
Thank you.

We should’ve won the two games I saw and we did win the one I didn’t. Compared to the cup performances it is definitely an improvement.

11 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Grimshaw a must in midfield tbh, there's no-one else in our midfield who'll give Adam the hassle required, so I'm looking forward to a Robbie Crawford masterclass.

I agree with this, only issue is SOD at RB. Will be have recovered?

Despite only taking 2 points we have shown a big slice of resilience over the last half of last season and 2 of the 3 games so far. In Cummings we have a natural goalscorer, Adam obviously pulling the strings and a half decent keeper. Our secret weapon is however Jordan McGhee who has been a revelation since moving into midfield. Probably be no more than 1 goal either way and hopefully we can just nick it. One of my favourite away venues and Motherwell are probs my favourite other club, there’s a lot to admire about the way things are done at Fir Park IMO.

38 minutes ago, Girth said:

How do you think you'll do this season?

Not answering on behalf of Ropy but I think we will finish in a similar position to last year.  7th or 8th. Based on top 6 being Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh clubs + St Johnstone probably.  The latter depends on whether they are playing in Europe weekly. 

My tips for the drop were Livi and County and possibly St Mirren in play offs.  I think Well, Dundee, United will battle for top half of the bottom half.

22 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Is the bar in the ground open to the public?

I assume so.  There were no issues with away fans being allowed entry to the Cooper bar. Certainly pre Covid. 

Whether that has changed ?  I suspect not, but there may be a limit in terms of number of people admitted entry. 

55 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Our initial ticket allocation for this Saturday’s match at Fir Park has now sold out.

The club have requested a further allocation from Motherwell and expect these tickets to arrive tomorrow 

What was the initial allocation, was it just the lower part of the stand?

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Somebody said we got given 500 and the next lot will be another 500 

There should be 2000 if you need them, they must have based it on previous attendances, obviously the post-Covid bounce is still there.

There should be 2000 if you need them, they must have based it on previous attendances, obviously the post-Covid bounce is still there.

Post COVID bounce, our first real away trip and we are actually optimistic for the first time since about 2016. Would be surprised if it’s less than 1,500

15 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Post COVID bounce, our first real away trip and we are actually optimistic for the first time since about 2016. Would be surprised if it’s less than 1,500

Is it ticket only? Presumably that goes for ‘Well fans too, an all ticket match between Motherwell and Dundee, the glory years are back.

Motherwell fans only brought 700 to Dens. Hibs brought approximately 1000. Surprised to see ticket sales doing so well. Our home support was a wee bit iffy on Sunday there so pleasantly surprised we sold 500 so quickly.

Reckon we'd get between 1500-2000 if there was a PATG option. As it is, I reckon we'll sell around 1000.