Jump to content

Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21


Recommended Posts

I'm maybe choosing to see the positives but I quite enjoyed a lot of that game tbh.

Dundee had a lot of ball but I was never really worried at any point they would do much. Especially after Adam went off (hitting the bar aside).

Team is starting to gel a bit better but a bit to go yet. 

A few cracking attacking moves that I think people are forgetting due to the rest of the game. The goal itself was a great ball in and deft flick from Tony Watt.

Thought GA and co were a bit slow to change it when it was clear out front 3 had became isolated due to Dundee pushing forward. Even Watt was telling them the gap between them and midfield was a problem. When we went 5-3-2 it started to work and it was a shame that Carrol got sent off when he did as we really had no choice but to shut up shop with ten mins to go. Tactic worked well in the end though 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ach the Craig Tanner curse will wear off soon I imagine

Sacrificing his legs to never lose to dundee again was a great deal, all in all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My view of the sending off was that although you will see similar challenges go unpunished, posssibly even today, that it fell into the spectrum where a red card could be justified.

From the Cooper stand I couldn’t see the contact but I saw the lunge and immediately looked to see what the ref was going to do.

No chance that we will appeal that and we have a replacement in McGinley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ropy said:

My view of the sending off was that although you will see similar challenges go unpunished, posssibly even today, that it fell into the spectrum where a red card could be justified.

From the Cooper stand I couldn’t see the contact but I saw the lunge and immediately looked to see what the ref was going to do.

No chance that we will appeal that and we have a replacement in McGinley.

Yep. 

 

My actual biggest problem is Collum guessed if it was a red or not as he could not possibly had a clear view of it from his view point as he was blocked by three players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Yep. 

 

My actual biggest problem is Collum guessed if it was a red or not as he could not possibly had a clear view of it from his view point as he was blocked by three players

The linesman could have been shouting Red Red Red like that DRoss guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure either side deserved to win that, but our finishing was shocking so not sure we can have too many complaints. Motherwell were generally happy to let us pass it about, knowing that it would all go to shit in the final third. 

Can anyone explain the, er, “Block E Bois” to me? I’m all for clubs having groups of fans that try to create an atmosphere, but they seem to be driven by negativity towards the opposition rather than positivity towards their own side - so when Motherwell scored, they weren’t happy that Motherwell were ahead, but rather because Dundee were behind (and from what I can gather you can replace “Dundee” with any other club in the country and it would still apply). Then the thing with keeping the ball when we had a throw-in in the first half was just tragic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First Post Covid away match.
Wouldn't be surprised if we outnumber these diddies.
Big tackles needed against these cloggers and let our football come out on top.
Thank you.
You were either at it (probably) or the level of excitement in the general Dundee support didn't match your own. You had a pretty decent support though but at 780 it was similar to what we took to the cup game although you didn't outnumber any of the three home stands.

You did play the better football though but didn't come out on top.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Yep. 

 

My actual biggest problem is Collum guessed if it was a red or not as he could not possibly had a clear view of it from his view point as he was blocked by three players

You do realise it was right in front of the linesman?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I’m not sure either side deserved to win that, but our finishing was shocking so not sure we can have too many complaints. Motherwell were generally happy to let us pass it about, knowing that it would all go to shit in the final third. 

Can anyone explain the, er, “Block E Bois” to me? I’m all for clubs having groups of fans that try to create an atmosphere, but they seem to be driven by negativity towards the opposition rather than positivity towards their own side - so when Motherwell scored, they weren’t happy that Motherwell were ahead, but rather because Dundee were behind (and from what I can gather you can replace “Dundee” with any other club in the country and it would still apply). Then the thing with keeping the ball when we had a throw-in in the first half was just tragic. 

Typical young lads spending half their time winding up the opposition young lads, Dundee have exactly the same group who also spend their time trying to get a reaction, the Dundee kids were hilarious at Thistle a couple of seasons ago, wanting to fight then frightened to death when someone pointed out that when they went for a pie they were standing with the home fans. I blame the parents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

You do realise it was right in front of the linesman?

Who didn't raise his flag or speak into his mic ( I was 2 yards away in the DSA shelter) so it was all down to applying the rules of probability by Collum.

Still a red from my viewpoint though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t mind 99.9% of the we guys in the corner at Motherwell. It’s the one muppet with the drum I don’t like.

Alrhough Cummings had a few chances yesterday I’d say they were half chances. It wasn’t the lack of a striker that cost us yesterday it was a lack of creativity in midfield when Adam went off. Far too many safe passes and nobody seemed interested in taking a bit of a risk. Anytime we got the ball into the feet of Anderson or Cummings was the only time we created anything. Safe chipped balls towards the corner flag are going to do nothing.

Edited by RossDee01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Sacrificing his legs to never lose to dundee again was a great deal, all in all.

FWIW in the interest of pure pettiness, you lost to us a fortnight buddy.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

TBF I think it's just me claiming that, and I still think it's a Pen, pushed in the back.

Not just you, I agree, plus my mates at the game and at least one Motherwell fan on here said the same The barge put him right off his stride. 

We shouldn't have to be relying on a penalty to snatch a draw anyway, we should be burying teams when we're on top. Hopefully our 3 or 4 world class signings before the window closes will sort that out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...