Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

I'm not complaining- especially not when we're down to ten- about Alexander's tendency to go totally backs to the wall when defending a lead given it seems to work for us- I don't think we've conceded a late equaliser under him? That said I don't think it'll ever stop fucking terrifying me for the last 10 minutes of every game we're 1 up in.

17 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I worry about that kind of signing like Sheridan. Real journeyman player.

I am not a big Cummings fan either. He will nick a goal here and there but that's it. Sort of a Dees version of Tony Watt, just that Watt did something today. 

Very harsh IMO. I think he's got around a goal every 2 games for us despite not regularly starting, which is exactly the sort of return anyone would like from their strikers. He's very good at spinning away from his man and creating space and should be our first choice forward every week IMVHO. 

Sheridan can get fired into the sun as far as I'm concerned. Every time I recall the ball going to him in the games he's played, he's managed to miscontrol it each time. I reckon he'll be lucky to get into single figures this season. 

Edited by Dee Man

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah apart from a stone waller.

Even if he didn't see the penalty, how in the f**k did he not see it was a corner?

The Motherwell fans booing and Alexander losing the plot at the reddest of red cards was quite amusing. 

The Motherwell TV commentator was pretty good and not as embarrassingly blinkered as some club's. A potential future in TV if he fancied it I'd say. 

Not sure why one or two Dundee supporters on here are losing the plot. Nothing much between the two team with very few attempts on target, I though a draw would have been fair. Happy enough with 7 points after the first four games, we should finish around midtable.

We had 2 footballers in the entire team today, Slattery and Watt. Outside of those 2 it’s a tough watch- although Goss looks like he did indeed have a lovely left foot when he was on. 

I like Grimshaw but he’s never a midfielder. O’Hara was probably even worse. We NEED to sort that area of the park out and find the right balance or better teams than Dundee will take advantage. 

The defence was solid though and it was nice to get a clean sheet. Big Ojala might not be one for playing out from the back but he looks a calm, experienced defender who reads the game well. No more Mugabi at right back though please. 

The front 3 doesn’t convince, expect Tony Watt who’s still absolutely class. 

Would have absolutely taken 7 points from the first 4 games so overall can’t complain but it’s fair to say we’re very much a work in progress. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

We had 2 footballers in the entire team, Slattery and Watt. Outside of those 2 it’s a tough watch- although Goss looks like he did indeed have a lovely left foot when he was on. 

I like Grimshaw but he’s never a midfielder. O’Hara was probably even worse. We NEED to sort that area of the park out and find the right balance or better teams than Dundee will take advantage. 

The defence was solid though and it was nice to get a clean sheet. Big Ojala might not be one for playing out from the back but he looks a calm, experienced defender who reads the game as well. No more Mugabi at right back though please. 

Would have absolutely taken 7 points from the first 4 games so overall can’t complain but it’s fair to say we’re very much a work in progress. 

Yes there’s a good way to go but it’s early days with players just joining still to bed in. I’m pretty confident that with time we will actually do ok this season, I don’t think any of the signings are complete duds.

We had 2 footballers in the entire team today, Slattery and Watt. Outside of those 2 it’s a tough watch- although Goss looks like he did indeed have a lovely left foot when he was on. 
The defence was solid though and it was nice to get a clean sheet. Big Ojala might not be one for playing out from the back but he looks a calm, experienced defender who reads the game well. No more Mugabi at right back though please. 
Completely wrong.

Don't give a f**k about number of "footballers".

Just bodying folk all over the park is enough entertainment for me. Scored in every league game so far. I'll take goals over today passing every time.