Motherwell FC vs Dundee FC - 28/8/21

It's great to have crowds back, including healthy, noisy away supports to create an atmosphere.

The weather forecast is good and I think this could be an open and entertaining affair with a few goals. Hopefully plenty of 'Dee's get on board with the extra allocation,  and get themselves down to the jewel in North Lanarkshire's post industrial landscape to enjoy it.

We're still a few bodies light, which will hopefully be addressed before the window closes, but still going to go for a 3-2 home win.

13 hours ago, ropy said:

Is it ticket only? Presumably that goes for ‘Well fans too, an all ticket match between Motherwell and Dundee, the glory years are back.

Think every game is ticket only at the moment as track and trace is still on the go?

@Ludo*1is probably right though that this will hurt the crowd a bit.

Think every game is ticket only at the moment as track and trace is still on the go?

[mention=12782]Ludo*1[/mention]is probably right though that this will hurt the crowd a bit.

I suppose you can always go into the ticket office on the day of the game but the queues will no doubt put people off.

Looking forward to this one, feels like quite a big game for both teams as a win for either probably cements the start of the season as a very positive one whereas a loss probably puts it in the ‘meh’ category.
I expect there’ll be a few goals in this one as I think it’s fair to say both teams look better in the final third than they do at the back!
From a Motherwell point of view I think we’ll need legs in the midfield for this one to press Adam and give him as little time on the ball as possible as well as match the work rate of Byrne and Anderson, so I’d go with Slattery, O’Hara and Grimshaw for this. Hoping to see KVV back fit and hopefully him and Watt starting to strike up an understanding.
I’ll say a narrow win for the good guys. 3-2 ‘Well.

3 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

I suppose you can always go into the ticket office on the day of the game but the queues will no doubt put people off.

Tickets for the away end apparently end on Friday according to our website.

3 hours ago, dezz said:

Looking forward to this one, feels like quite a big game for both teams as a win for either probably cements the start of the season as a very positive one whereas a loss probably puts it in the ‘meh’ category.
I expect there’ll be a few goals in this one as I think it’s fair to say both teams look better in the final third than they do at the back!
From a Motherwell point of view I think we’ll need legs in the midfield for this one to press Adam and give him as little time on the ball as possible as well as match the work rate of Byrne and Anderson, so I’d go with Slattery, O’Hara and Grimshaw for this. Hoping to see KVV back fit and hopefully him and Watt starting to strike up an understanding.
I’ll say a narrow win for the good guys. 3-2 ‘Well.

I doubt Anderson will start. Marshall will be back at LB and McGhee will go back into midfield. 

Thought about dragging the missus along to this earlier in the week and selling it as a day out and having a drink.

Tickets for the game and train worked out at around £150. Just can't justify that when funds are tight in the days leading up to payday.

This post is more of a dig at train prices than Motherwell as I think we're even more expensive. Although all Scottish clubs pricing is ridiculous these days. I remember people used to moan like f**k on here when we set our prices at £20. £30 seems to be becoming closer to the new norm these days!

Thought about dragging the missus along to this earlier in the week and selling it as a day out and having a drink.
Tickets for the game and train worked out at around £150. Just can't justify that when funds are tight in the days leading up to payday.
This post is more of a dig at train prices than Motherwell as I think we're even more expensive. Although all Scottish clubs pricing is ridiculous these days. I remember people used to moan like f**k on here when we set our prices at £20. £30 seems to be becoming closer to the new norm these days!

Have to agree, same reason I don’t make it to as many away games as I used to.

Having said that, I’m absolutely here for us charging the OF £30 to watch a game at Fir Park.

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You can get into Motherwell for £20, I get in for as low as £16 at a concession rate. When I pop back down to York it’s £22 for National league north.

2 minutes ago, Yorky said:

You can get into Motherwell for £20, I get in for as low as £16 at a concession rate. When I pop back down to York it’s £22 for National league north.

That must be a home stand only deal? £24 for adult away fans.

£50ish return for the train per person.

17 minutes ago, Yorky said:

As @Ludo*1 says, away fans are £24 so us charging £20 for the East stand doesn't really help him much.

It also makes it a bit rich for the usual suspects on Motherwell Twitter to be getting bent out of shape about Livi's £25 ticket.

1006519823_ScreenShot2021-08-28at11_53_10.thumb.png.2f1d9abe486c8d50af84f1c9b3012c97.png

Edited by capt_oats