The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

7 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It literally does.

It is a trademark. If you stopped trading using the name you would not longer be entitled to it.

Pretty sure defunct brands can still be trademarked by the owner, a bit like how opal fruits are making a brief comeback but in the interim nobody else is allowed to use it. I must add I know very little about this stuff so happy to be corrected if Im getting it trademarks mixed up with copyrights etc.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty sure defunct brands can still be trademarked by the owner, a bit like how opal fruits are making a brief comeback but in the interim nobody else is allowed to use it. I must add I know very little about this stuff so happy to be corrected if Im getting it trademarks mixed up with copyrights etc.

They are probably having the brief comeback so they don't lose the trademark.

18 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

What's a scheme goblin? 

Its a term used by self-entitled wanks who think they are better than somebody because their parents are richer. A strange logic tbh.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

They are probably having the brief comeback so they don't lose the trademark.

A trademark has to be renewed 10 years, think they have been gone for donkeys tbh.

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

BF24D60B-7EDF-4936-BCD1-4D4909D2ABEC.jpeg

I've never lived on a scheme and quite frankly it's a weird sort of insult to go for, says more about yourself than the person it's being aimed at imo. 

Fire away though. 

25 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I've never lived on a scheme and quite frankly it's a weird sort of insult to go for, says more about yourself than the person it's being aimed at imo. 

Fire away though. 

Oooh touchy :lol: 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

We cant register anything on their behalf? We can only TM it to stop it being more commonly used. We cant stop Rangers from using it unless we want a needless lengthy court battle. We have our reasons to not use it, they have their reasons to use it. Personally I don't really care these days as long as we dont go in to dual sponsorship partnerships with them again or deals like this.

That's really nonsense: Celtic shouldn't have included their partners in the Trademark renewal if they wanted to stop it being 'commonly used'. That would have discouraged anyone, including the present Ibrox club, from using it.

Celtic would like their fans to believe they operate without influence, help or a close associate club, but it simply isn't the case. A recent example would be them partnering up to get their colt/'B' teams into the league system, and when that failed, bribing the cash poor Lowland League clubs to gain access to that competition.

28 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's really nonsense: Celtic shouldn't have included their partners in the Trademark renewal if they wanted to stop it being 'commonly used'. That would have discouraged anyone, including the present Ibrox club, from using it.

? The whole point of trademarking something is to stop it being from commonly used other than by those who have claim to it. We cant exclude them unless we fancy a needless court case. I appreciate Im not the most clued up on this but I believe it’s not me who is talking nonsense here. Anyway this is getting tedious tbh.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Its a term used by self-entitled wanks who think they are better than somebody because their parents are richer. A strange logic tbh.

A trademark has to be renewed 10 years, think they have been gone for donkeys tbh.

Ironically I’ve used it in the context of “well you gonnae dae some thin’ about it then” in response to him.

Having lived in a scheme most of my days it’s a good one for heads gone moments. 

To go back to the new topic, the “Old Firm” rights, both Rangers and Celtic share it I believe?

Although I don’t think you need to explicitly make use of it to retain the rights.