The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Away to Hearts and Rangers in the first month isn’t ideal and we have another difficult month in October however we just need to keep pace until New Year as Rangers have a very difficult fixture list in December.

celtic have played two newly promoted teams from the championship, St Mirren at parkhead and a covid ravaged Rangers.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

celtic have played two newly promoted teams from the championship, St Mirren at parkhead and a covid ravaged Rangers.

Newly promoted or not Hearts are doing really well just now and will give many teams a game at Tynecastle.

8 of your team today would have started irrespective and we keep hearing about how strong the squad depth is so only 3 starters out is much less severe than it could have been. Don’t forget Celtic also had 3 guaranteed starters out too 

But despite that we are only 3 points behind Rangers so it’s hardly catastrophic, there is f**k all won in August 😉

8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The standard of patter on this thread is worse than the standard of football.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
8 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
The standard of patter on this thread is worse than the standard of football.

C'mon now you're hardly expecting stellar patter from either side of the OF.

Two of Mr Spooner's shining wits bemoaning the lack of patter, eh?

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not at all. We are still in transition and found ourselves in a game at Ibrox where we weren’t really dominated in any particular area unlike some of the games last season.

Dissapointed with the result as on another day we get at least a point but we didn’t and that’s all that matters however still positive that the job needed to challenge Rangers isn’t as big as we feared. 

Big games coming especially in October so Ange doesn’t have much time to get everyone including any new signings up to speed as we need to build momentum and a winning mentality……something Rangers clearly have an edge in

I’ve no issue with you being optimistic and there has clearly been a massive improvement in Celtic since last season so there is probably reason to be optimistic given some of the football you’ve been playing.

My comments are more aimed at the cocky predictions from Celtic fans where Kyogo was going to rip us to shreds and hand us a new one etc etc.

The fact is a lot of your support were overconfident and believed you’d stroll it today. I’m just here with a friendly reminder that you never and big Fil sent you on your way.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Two of Mr Spooner's shining wits bemoaning the lack of patter, eh?

^^^Patter

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Gincardine been on the sauce again, maybe sundays banning purge isnt over yet.

^^^Regurgitated diddy shite.

That Celtic squad is paper thin. Their bench today looked like something that Graeme Murty cobbled together. The squad is so short of depth.

Consequently, Celtic are unlikely to get much better over the season. Rangers aren’t likely to get much worse. So Celtic being unable to win today is probably much more of a problem for them than it initially appears.

The type of players Celtic are signing are small and easily dominated physically. Goldson, Helander and Balogun attacking set pieces against a weak team is always going to end up that way.

I thought that looked a lot like a typical Rangers OF win - defeating some swashbuckling Celtic side with a 7/10 performance. I watched a lot of Walter Smith teams do that.

Robby McCrorie looked fantastic. It’s amazing how much better he looks when he’s playing behind a high line. Kid has a real shot at making it.

Edited by G51

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

The Edouard miss was pivotal. First major mistake Ange has made

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Big Ange has only won 50% of his first 10 games. He should be doing better mate.

This is what I was going to say, now for any manager of a non-OF team a 50% win rate would be quite good but probably not good enough for Celtic. I’m not sure if there have been any draws in there but have Celtic not lost 4 or 5 games already this season - and that’s the managers first mistake? 

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

This is what I was going to say, now for any manager of a non-OF team a 50% win rate would be quite good but probably not good enough for Celtic. I’m not sure if there have been any draws in there but have Celtic not lost 4 or 5 games already this season - and that’s the managers first mistake? 

We have lost 4 games so far. The losses against Midtylland away and Hearts yes we could have done better but if being fair to Ange he was playing those matches with a thread bare squad and little of his own signings, only Abada had played previously,

The loss away to AZ is just down to the fact they were a good team and better than us and obviously todays loss away to currently the best team in Scotland are par for the course to a team in transition.

And yes Ange now has enough of his own players, the players know the system and he should have a better understanding of what players fit into that system and Kyogo was always a better choice to play through the middle. So yes it’s the first loss I can say that he has to take more accountability for which he has.

Nothing to be too concerned about though when we knew we had Rangers so early it was always potentially a fixture that was coming at us too early in the season

Edited by Jinky67

Celtic fans will gloss over the AZ result because they qualified, but there were serious questions asked of their team and manager and they couldn’t answer them at all. Hart drifts and doesn’t concentrate, Starfelt’s a bombscare. 

In all honesty I’d like to see Gerrard do more to bring in capable youth players, that’s Patterson, Bassey, McCrorie and Kelly all played so far this season for one reason or another; no one has been a let down from any of them.  

1 minute ago, Orbix said:

This ‘team in transition’ line is gonna get boring, then funny, then boring again really quickly isn’t it. 

It is true though it takes time to build a squad capable of winning a title. We have to give him time like you had to give your manager 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It is true though it takes time to build a squad capable of winning a title. We have to give him time like you had to give your manager 

You also have to be sure he’s the right manager though, and isn’t just Mark Warburton with a pint of Fosters.

I don’t see much evidence of Postecoglou being able to influence a game through a change of shape or through substitutions. Plan B appears to be “doing Plan A better”.

Dogmatism can also be a fault as well as a virtue.

Just now, G51 said:

You also have to be sure he’s the right manager though, and isn’t just Mark Warburton with a pint of Fosters.

I don’t see much evidence of Postecoglou being able to influence a game through a change of shape or through substitutions. Plan B appears to be “doing Plan A better”.

Dogmatism can also be a fault as well as a virtue.

It’s a good point however but to be able to do that we also have to have players on the bench capable of making that impact or to change the shape. 

Do we have that just now? Well if you look at who we brought on in Soro, Rogic and Montgomery you would have to say just now we don’t.