The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

12 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Not on the 4-1 level but ultimately we were the better team and deserved the result. I didn't understand the negativity beforehand to be honest.

The only area of the game you were better was the score that’s it, much for us to be positive about based on that

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Not on the 4-1 level but ultimately we were the better team and deserved the result. I didn't understand the negativity beforehand to be honest.

I got home about 10 mins before the game and the team lines worried me.  We needed big performances from McCrorie, Borna and Balogun to even be at the races so yes - I was worried.

BUT each of them exceeded expectations.  Our fringe players performed but theirs didn't.

Gary Mac captured the difference very well:

11 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Christ man you do realise this delusion isn't actually good for you?

We had more of the possession, we created the better chances and your keeper had to make the better saves. Rangers didn’t really create much in the way of clear cut chances and the goal came from a set piece. 

You could have easily have lost it as won it.

But you won the game though which is all that matters in the end

Edited by Jinky67

Sevco don't even need to create chances against Celtic these days.

Today was a textbook example - wait for the inevitable dead ball opportunity, and Barisic's delivery will cause chaos in the Celtic rearguard due to the zonal marking system being unable to fully counter a late run such as Helander's.

Add in that Edouard, Christie, Turnbull and Abada were empty jerseys for the most part, and Ralston's forward runs were eliminated after half time.

Gerrard has had Celtic's number in his back pocket for two years now.

The Celtic cockiness before the match has evaporated big time. They might be much improved but they still have a long way to go when it comes to matches against us.

I actually thought it was a 50/50 match for much of it, but the second half we really stepped up and took the initiative.

Not that they were without their chances though - Edouard shat the bed and McCrorie made a great save vs Furuhashi but I think we deserved it all in.

We’ve seen this play before, where Rangers allow Celtic the ball in areas where it won’t hurt us and it played that way today for the most part. We won that game in the dugout which has been the theme for a while now.

The bragging rights go to the blue side of Glasgow and Celtic will be raging over the international break.

I will say though, that they are much improved and we have a genuine challenge on our hands.

Better luck next time though, chumps.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You've got to be a bear on the wind up

Away to Hearts and Rangers in the first month isn’t ideal and we have another difficult month in October however we just need to keep pace until New Year as Rangers have a very difficult fixture list in December.

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

The Celtic cockiness before the match has evaporated big time. 

Not at all. We are still in transition and found ourselves in a game at Ibrox where we weren’t really dominated in any particular area unlike some of the games last season.

Dissapointed with the result as on another day we get at least a point but we didn’t and that’s all that matters however still positive that the job needed to challenge Rangers isn’t as big as we feared. 

Big games coming especially in October so Ange doesn’t have much time to get everyone including any new signings up to speed as we need to build momentum and a winning mentality……something Rangers clearly have an edge in