The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a good point however but to be able to do that we also have to have players on the bench capable of making that impact or to change the shape. 

Do we have that just now? Well if you look at who we brought on in Soro, Rogic and Montgomery you would have to say just now we don’t. 

To some extent yes, but shape changes don’t always need to come from personnel changes. There was nothing stopping Postecoglou from, for example, switching to a diamond with Furuhashi and Edouard up top to give him an extra man in midfield and one striker dropping short/one playing on the shoulder to stress the Rangers defence.

Also, the Rangers 4-3-3 has been figured out by good teams for a while now. You overload down one side then switch the play quickly to the other side. It leaves the full backs on an island and the midfielders can’t cover quick enough. I saw none of that from Celtic today, so either they haven’t worked that out yet or it doesn’t fit into the way Postecoglou wants to play.

The evidence of Postecoglou’s career to date indicates that he’s dogmatic to a fault, and this has been fine because he’s operated in smaller, more competitive leagues where losses weren’t disasters.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

To some extent yes, but shape changes don’t always need to come from personnel changes. There was nothing stopping Postecoglou from, for example, switching to a diamond with Furuhashi and Edouard up top to give him an extra man in midfield and one striker dropping short/one playing on the shoulder to stress the Rangers defence.

Also, the Rangers 4-3-3 has been figured out by good teams for a while now. You overload down one side then switch the play quickly to the other side. It leaves the full backs on an island and the midfielders can’t cover quick enough. I saw none of that from Celtic today, so either they haven’t worked that out yet or it doesn’t fit into the way Postecoglou wants to play.

The evidence of Postecoglou’s career to date indicates that he’s dogmatic to a fault, and this has been fine because he’s operated in smaller, more competitive leagues where losses weren’t disasters.

Ultimately time will tell. Today I don’t think the shape of the team was particularly the issue, personnel was in terms of poor decisions at key moments I.e. Whatever Edouard did to fluff his shot, Kyogo not squaring to Christie, then Kyogo squaring to Christie and us allowing Helander a free run for the goal. 

Make better decisions in every one of those moments and we get a result maybe not the win but we get a result

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Who is putting them on a pedestal?

Well nobody now they were quite easily swatted aside yesterday. Before the game, a lot of the media and Celtic fans. You only have to look at the minter saying that is "Angeball". 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Consequently, Celtic are unlikely to get much better over the season. Rangers aren’t likely to get much worse. So Celtic being unable to win today is probably much more of a problem for them than it initially appears.t.

Disagree mate, add forrest, julien and McCarthy to that team, plus replacements for ineffective c***s like Christie and Edouard, that could easily be 4/5 changes to a decent team. Plus ange admitted he made a mistake in playing kyogo out wide so I doubt we’ll see that again. Could mean looking at bringing a winger too. I doubt we’ll see Celtic as bad as we were today. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Well nobody now they were quite easily swatted aside yesterday. Before the game, a lot of the media and Celtic fans. You only have to look at the minter saying that is "Angeball". 

In the same way Motherwell easily swatted aside Dundee on Saturday?

Edited by Jinky67

Less than a month ago, after losing to migtylsnd (sp) and the opener at hearts, I thought we’d get hammered today, We didn’t, we’re not that far away at all. My annoyance is that rangers tactic of pushing up, playing for fouls/corners, and whipping in dangerous balls on top of our midget defence paid off like it always does. It's the same basic tactic and it's a disgrace we can't stop it. 

Edited by Drew Brees

Credit where credit’s due, rangers did what rangers do best yesterday.
Quite sure more work at Lennoxtown on defending set-pieces will be high on Ange’s list of to-do’s.
On the game, we had the best of the first half and looked more likely to go in at halftime with a goal.
I thought we left it a bit late in the day to change things round.
It’s a stark reminder to this team, the manager and fans that we’re not quite there yet.
Not too surprised by the result, but already signs that Celtic won’t capitulate like they did last season.

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Wait. What? 

There was two penalty shouts,first one Balogun on the deck hits his arm stopping Kyogo getting his shot away,second one straight after sevco score Kyogo is played through by Ralston,he takes it passed McCrorie and McCrorie takes him clean out stonewall-er,maybe you were still celebrating just like the ref.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There was two penalty shouts,first one Balogun on the deck hits his arm stopping Kyogo getting his shot away,second one straight after sevco score Kyogo is played through by Ralston,he takes it passed McCrorie and McCrorie takes him clean out stonewall-er,maybe you were still celebrating just like the ref.

Neither of them were remotely close to being penalties