The Rangers 2012 v Celtic

20 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

You're British and the Old Firm is this coming Sunday, the earth is also round in case you were wondering. 

The last holiday I went abroad (pre pandemic) a nice Greek fellow asked where we were from. I told him we were from Scotland. Not Britain. Scotland. I’m Scottish.

1 minute ago, Henrik's tongue said:

The last holiday I went abroad (pre pandemic) a nice Greek fellow asked where we were from. I told him we were from Scotland. Not Britain. Scotland. I’m Scottish.

Not Cretan or Rhodian or Athenian then?

3 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You're British too but sure whatever makes you happy, insecure identity issues are common place on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

You're British too but sure whatever makes you happy, insecure identity issues are common place on this forum. 

Yeah I identify as Scottish. I’m Scottish. Don’t make me go all Trainspotting speech on your ass.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Owning the trade mark doesnae mean you need to use it.

You part own it with the present Ibrox entity. They use it on their official site: you're in denial if you think Celtic fans don't talk about the Old Firm match.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I believe we did to stop it from being used by others, I don’t  recall Celtic ever using the term the past decade on official outlets.

Like I wrote, you've allowed another club to use it: if you didn't want 'others' to use the term, you wouldn't have re-registered your partners along with the Old Firm trademark. By doing so you've legitimised the expression, kept it alive for financial reasons, it's safe to assume.

The decision makers at your club don't give two fucks what the fans think, the balance sheet is all important.

15 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Like I wrote, you've allowed another club to use it: if you didn't want 'others' to use the term, you wouldn't have re-registered your partners along with the Old Firm trademark. By doing so you've legitimised the expression, kept it alive for financial reasons, it's safe to assume.

The decision makers at your club don't give two fucks what the fans think, the balance sheet is all important.

We cant register anything on their behalf? We can only TM it to stop it being more commonly used. We cant stop Rangers from using it unless we want a needless lengthy court battle. We have our reasons to not use it, they have their reasons to use it. Personally I don't really care these days as long as we dont go in to dual sponsorship partnerships with them again or deals like this.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Oh, it’s true alright 😂

A quick google of CPT time shows something called Coloured People's Time which is a racist term used in America apparently.

Idiots.

You think someone would at least have googled it before using the cringy CPT stuff!

12 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

If a Celtic fan whispers 'old firm derby' 5 times while looking in the mirror, the ghosts of Bobby Sands and 'The Big Hoose Must Stay Open' guy appear behind him and fight for possession of his soul.

Take Sands into the later rounds and he'll tire IMO

12 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

If a Celtic fan whispers 'old firm derby' 5 times while looking in the mirror, the ghosts of Bobby Sands and 'The Big Hoose Must Stay Open' guy appear behind him and fight for possession of his soul.

Just tried it there. Nothing happened. Bit disappointed tbh :( 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

When I see someone with an animated flag avatar posting on these threads I think it's Kincardine. Do with that information what you will.