WoSFL Clubs in the Junior Cup

Kennie

4 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I'd rather eat a whole pot noodle dry than listen to Stuart Cosgrove.

I quite like listening to their drivel as its entertaining. But to rather eat a pot noodle is beyond the scope.

On 22/08/2021 at 14:58, Shanner said:

Ignoring the gimps and looking at the draw, Glens V Cumnock is the clear pick of the bunch. 

Also, I've genuinely never heard of Letham in my puff. 

Letham just scrapped past Dufftown on pens in the first round so should be an easy passage for Muirkirk into round 3.

15 minutes ago, Killie65 said:

Does league games take priority over junior cup if so Talbot could be playing early round games in April

That's not going to happen. Bathgate had to withdraw for the first round because League took priority and Armadale have withdrawn from the second round for I assume the same reason.

On 22/08/2021 at 14:58, Shanner said:

Ignoring the gimps and looking at the draw, Glens V Cumnock is the clear pick of the bunch. 

Also, I've genuinely never heard of Letham in my puff. 

Letham are one of the two new clubs in the Midland League this season. Dundee St James are the other. Both are doing surprisingly well, mid-table-ish.

21 minutes ago, Killie65 said:

Does league games take priority over junior cup if so Talbot could be playing early round games in April

It seems like the answer to that is no - since there's only 3 league fixtures on the second round date. 

However Scottish Cup games do take priority. So if there's a postponement or replay in the first round on 18th September, league or Junior Cup games will be postponed the following weekend.

Plus the dates of both cups converge in October and November, so if clubs keep progressing in both competitions there will be more postponed league or Junior Cup games.

But given clubs in the Scottish Cup have floodlights they should be able to catch up in midweek.

The answer is actually yes, WoSFL league games take priority over Scottish Junior Cup matches outside of the dates for the SJC which were agreed between the SJFA and the WoSFL. However, WoSFL Fixtures Secretary Kennie Young is very willing to accommodate the SJC as best he can, but not at the expense of the progression of the WoSFL season fixtures.

On 22/08/2021 at 12:23, Kennie said:

Well done to all the WoSFL clubs that progressed into Round 2 of the Scottish Junior Cup

Revised draw -

Shotts Bon Accord - Bye

What is the story behind this? Looking at the SJFA website they have updated it from

Winner of A v B versus Winner C v D

to now show A v D and since this update they have Shotts Bon Accord v Kello Rovers.

image.png.bcd359b643cf880de22ed89b1b7070a0.png

16 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

What is the story behind this? Looking at the SJFA website they have updated it from

Winner of A v B versus Winner C v D

to now show A v D and since this update they have Shotts Bon Accord v Kello Rovers.

image.png.bcd359b643cf880de22ed89b1b7070a0.png

Kello have withdrawn from this season's competition.