Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

Mix that in with the results of the 'Dunning-Kruger thread' in which 85% of posters rate themselves as 'above average' when it comes to intelligence , i.e. a third of this site think they're smarter than they are.

This is based on an assumption that P&B is entirely representative of the population average when it comes to intelligence. However, given that posting on football forums is mainly the preserve of geeks and weirdos, it's not inconceivable that P&B is on average more intelligent than the general population. Except for the old Juniors forums, of course, where the opposite is true.

Whenever there's any sort of deadly/tragic incident - terrorist attacks, murders etc you get the usual contrarian bores who dive in right away to show everyone how little they care and how little they are affected/bothered by the incident by giving it the ''could've been me eh lads 🤣🤣🤣''. These type of posts massively outweigh the ambulance chasing social media posts they're taking the piss out of. See also - hitting out with the Lovejoy patter whenever anyone hints at showing a wee bit of empathy towards anything. 

As others have mentioned the 'creepy middle aged da at work showing you photos of lassies on his phone' vibe is fairly common on here, was particularly strong during the Euros, where discussions would regularly be interrupted by random photos of girls from whatever countries were playing, as if it was their first time on the internet and they'd just discovered Google images. Whilst we're on the Euros, saying things like 'Engerlund' and other such TAMB patter should be on the list. 

Edited by Fratelli

"At least you're not bothered".

No immediate action should be taken against people who post this.

Instead, they should be allowed to go about their business for the remainder of the day, thus allowing later on, for them to be dragged from their beds and shot.

5 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Whenever there's any sort of deadly/tragic incident - terrorist attacks, murders etc you get the usual contrarian bores who dive in right away to show everyone how little they care and how little they are affected/bothered by the incident by giving it the ''could've been me eh lads 🤣🤣🤣''. These type of posts massively outweigh the ambulance chasing type of social media posts they're taking the piss out of. See also - hitting out with the Lovejoy patter whenever anyone hints at showing a wee bit of empathy towards anything. 

As others have mentioned the 'creepy middle aged da at work showing you photos of lassies on his phone' vibe is fairly common on here, was particularly strong during the Euros, where discussions would regularly be interrupted by random photos of girls from whatever countries were playing, as if it was their first time on the internet and they'd just discovered Google images. Whilst we're on the Euros, saying things like 'Engerlund' and other such TAMB patter should be on the list. 

*ahem*

@ICTJohnboy

Screenshot_20210313-101841_Chrome.jpg

Wannabe Trolls who obviously don't believe in what they're saying and are just trying to get a rise out of folk are deadly dull.

People rising to the obvious trolls rather than ignoring them are a tad annoying.

Also people who self deprecate. Like that fud @tamthebam

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

As others have mentioned the 'creepy middle aged da at work showing you photos of lassies on his phone' vibe is fairly common on here, was particularly strong during the Euros, where discussions would regularly be interrupted by random photos of girls from whatever countries were playing, as if it was their first time on the internet and they'd just discovered Google images.

Not sure what threads you were on but I found there was a lot less of it than for the last world cup. The only thing that delayed the rona thread becoming a screaming hysterical meltdown was pics of "nurses" in scanty clothing, so maybe middle aged pervs do provide a useful service of sorts.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure what threads you were on but I found there was a lot less of it than for the last world cup. The only thing that delayed the rona thread becoming a screaming hysterical meltdown was pics of "nurses" in scanty clothing, so maybe middle aged pervs do provide a useful service of sorts.

That's a lot of shite. It was the weeks where we were debating the best hits of legendary pop stars.

FTR, Tennis Court is Lorde's best one.

20 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Whenever there's any sort of deadly/tragic incident - terrorist attacks, murders etc you get the usual contrarian bores who dive in right away to show everyone how little they care and how little they are affected/bothered by the incident by giving it the ''could've been me eh lads 🤣🤣🤣''. These type of posts massively outweigh the ambulance chasing type of social media posts they're taking the piss out of. See also - hitting out with the Lovejoy patter whenever anyone hints at showing a wee bit of empathy towards anything. 

"Lovejoy" and "Engurland" belong in the same bin for shite patter. 

I dont like it in general when folk dig out other folk during a debate about "posting on P&B". Posting on P&B to belittle someone for posting on P&B seems a bit odd to me. 

Having a hard time articulating it, but we've all seen it. 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont like it in general when folk dig out other folk during a debate about "posting on P&B". Posting on P&B to belittle someone for posting on P&B seems a bit odd to me. 

Having a hard time articulating it, but we've all seen it. 

Especially when folk try to imply that the poster is a saddo for having x amount of posts on here.

It usually works out about an average of 4 posts a day for 6 years.