Worst Types of Posts on Pie and Bovril

I don't think there's much debate that Pie and Bovril is the best website on the Internet. There are a lot of informative and entertaining posts which help us pass the time. However, there is a lot of complete muck posted at times which can make reading The Forum a net negative on your mood. I thought I'd start a thread on the worst types of posts on The Forum to try and raise awareness of these dire posts so that we can all enjoy ourselves on P&B.

In no particular order

- "The seethe"/"rent free" type posts, particularly when someone's team has just lost or someone hoping for something bad to happen in real life for "the seethe on here" (eg a poster I now have on Ignore saying he hoped for stronger covid restrictions "to see the reaction on here")

- Folk posting that the most obvious alias in the world is indeed an alias, as if they've just solved the mystery of the Zodiac Killer. Grassing to one of The Moderators is the pinnacle of this sort of posting.

- Crying about the coloured circles

- Cringey flirting/sexual type posts from the crowd who post everywhere on General Nonsense. Included in this would be "pics or gtf" from middle aged bores.

What sort of posts do you hate reading on Pie and Bovril?

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't think there's much debate that Pie and Bovril is the best website on the Internet. There are a lot of informative and entertaining posts which help us pass the time. However, there is a lot of complete muck posted at times which can make reading The Forum a net negative on your mood. I thought I'd start a thread on the worst types of posts on The Forum to try and raise awareness of these dire posts so that we can all enjoy ourselves on P&B.

In no particular order

- "The seethe"/"rent free" type posts, particularly when someone's team has just lost or someone hoping for something bad to happen in real life for "the seethe on here" (eg a poster I now have on Ignore saying he hoped for stronger covid restrictions "to see the reaction on here")

- Folk posting that the most obvious alias in the world is indeed an alias, as if they've just solved the mystery of the Zodiac Killer. Grassing to one of The Moderators is the pinnacle of this sort of posting.

- Cringey flirting/sexual type posts from the crowd who post everywhere on General Nonsense. Included in this would be "pics or gtf" from middle aged bores.

85677B7D-D39B-415A-9068-9172B34AC3F2.gif

Pretty much the only valuable posts on this site are the lower league forums, where you can collect genuinely useful betting information that isn’t really available elsewhere, and sometimes you’ll even get it before the bookies do. For fellow gambling degenerates that enjoy betting Leagues 1 & 2, it can be very useful.

The rest of this site consists of the nonsense views of middle aged, middle class white guys who think of themselves as progressive and/or politically correct because they vote SNP and post “lol DRoss!!” in the politics forum sometimes. It should be absolutely no surprise that the rest of the site is a bin fire when 90% of the population is that deluded.

Imagine red dotting people to get attention then complaining that people mention you red dot people for attention.

Seriously? Can you imagine how thirsty such a person would be? I can't imagine anyone is like that on here.

Tell you something else that's bad - people posting anecdotes from "ma Facebook". No one cares. And if you dislike these people so much, empty empty from "ma Facebook".

Bonus points if it's matched with pseudo sexism about "full time mummies", or talking about "vermin"/"scum"/insert racially insensitive term for members of the travelling community. 

Made up stories to prove conclusively that your world view or previous posts had been accurate.

Scheme goblin, cockwomble, made up words.

Constant shoe horning irrelevant elements into other posts... "Doing my PhD/here in Yemen, I did a huge shite".

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

In no particular order

Posts that show a lack of self-awareness.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Made up stories to prove conclusively that your world view or previous posts had been accurate.

Scheme goblin, cockwomble, made up words.

Constant shoe horning irrelevant elements into other posts... "Doing my PhD/here in Yemen, I did a huge shite.

Buckled at all of these. Spot on, particularly that first one. Was a classic example yesterday of someone fabricating conversations with multiple "intelligent" people who thought professional wrestling wasn't scripted.

"Scheme goblin" is similar to the "scum"/"vermin" type posts people make, often about their neighbours. If you're living amongst scum and vermin, what does that make you then?

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Pretty much the only valuable posts on this site are the lower league forums, where you can collect genuinely useful betting information that isn’t really available elsewhere, and sometimes you’ll even get it before the bookies do. For fellow gambling degenerates that enjoy betting Leagues 1 & 2, it can be very useful.

The rest of this site consists of the nonsense views of middle aged, middle class white guys who think of themselves as progressive and/or politically correct because they vote SNP and post “lol DRoss!!” in the politics forum sometimes. It should be absolutely no surprise that the rest of the site is a bin fire when 90% of the population is that deluded.

My favourite posts are when someone does something absolutely mental, for instance some guy from wick saying Glaswegians who complain about violence and sectarian abuse are gentrifiers, disappear for 4 months and then rock up again.

Welcome back btw

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Good thread, but slightly disappointed to discover that it's about genres of posts and not individual 'worst posts', where the clear winner would be the one where a grown man admitted pulling feces from his anus and throwing it at another human being.