Doonhamers vs. Accies

Only thing to point out is that recent research showed that being double jabbed didnt prevent you getting covid or even passing it on, but it lowered the likelihood of severe impacts. If that is the case, tricky to see how we will keep a league going, esp once the darker colder months lead to an inevitable increase in cases.

No one has ever claimed the vaccines give 100% protection tbh.

1 hour ago, overthetop said:

Quite thread anyone going to the game?
2-1 Queens

I'll be there, a chance to actually use my season ticket book. I take it we just rock up at the designated turnstile and hand over the appropriate ticket without having to print out or screenshot anything in advance. 

As for the game, don't really know much about the Hamilton Academical (no s) team but  I think we can be a decent test for any team from what I've seen up to now. Hopefully Johnston doesn't turn into Tinkerman with having more players available to him, and tries to keep the fairly settled team that has performed quite well, in a playing sense if not results-wise, so far this season.  Stick my neck out and predict a home win. 

15 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll be there, a chance to actually use my season ticket book. I take it we just rock up at the designated turnstile and hand over the appropriate ticket without having to print out or screenshot anything in advance. 

Yes.

Except the main stand still shut to the public.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Find that very harsh on Todd but good to see Connolly back.

Yep, thought Todd played well last week and makes us a bit more solid in the middle of the park.

Would have been keen to bring Connolly back, but I’d have liked to have seen him in instead of Roy to see how he’d play off Ruben. 

A standing ovation for Accies at half-time here. You have my condolences Accies fans; if that performance warrants such a reaction then you must have been truly garbage before today.

Two absolutely awful teams here just now. I don't know who's worse. We never appeared until about the 35th minute and should really have been in front but for an incredible save from the GK. Accies have had a huge amount of possession/we've gifted them the ball on several occasions/our goalkeeper gave you a goal on a plate with an indirect FK from about 7 yards out and they've still somehow failed to lay a glove on us.

I don't know if it's the actual heat but that has been far too lethargic from ourselves and I'd be making some early subs if some players don't get their arse in gear.

I thought Accies played fairly well, dominated the half. They didn’t create loads of chances though. That 6 yard indirect free kick was ridiculous. 

We have been very poor. The formation changed after about 20 minutes to go to a back 4 and we looked slightly better, but still not good enough. Accies have been right on top of us though every time we’re in possession and our ball players haven’t really had a look in. Would agree Johnston needs to change things if it continues down the same vain early second half. 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A standing ovation for Accies at half-time here. You have my condolences Accies fans; if that performance warrants such a reaction then you must have been truly garbage before today.

Two absolutely awful teams here just now. I don't know who's worse. We never appeared until about the 35th minute and should really have been in front but for an incredible save from the GK. Accies have had a huge amount of possession/we've gifted them the ball on several occasions/our goalkeeper gave you a goal on a plate with an indirect FK from about 7 yards out and they've still somehow failed to lay a glove on us.

I don't know if it's the actual heat but that has been far too lethargic from ourselves and I'd be making some early subs if some players don't get their arse in gear.

Well now we all know what it was like to watch the first half on acid. 🤪🤪🤪

1 minute ago, JK_Queens said:

I thought Accies played fairly well, dominated the half. They didn’t create loads of chances though. That 6 yard indirect free kick was ridiculous. 

We have been very poor. The formation changed after about 20 minutes to go to a back 4 and we looked slightly better, but still not good enough. Accies have been right on top of us though every time we’re in possession and our ball players haven’t really had a look in. Would agree Johnston needs to change things if it continues down the same vain early second half. 

We were second best for most of that half  but I put a lot of that down to how well Hamilton have pressed us all over the park. We have made far too many individual mistakes though and made it easy for them at times. 

Thought Accies were by far the better team in that half. On the few occasions we had the ball, we lumped it to nobody most of the time. BBC stats show Accies with 71% possession. Surprised it is that low, tbh. We’ve been woeful. Could have scored, right enough.