Doonhamers vs. Accies

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
Instead of throwing out random insults you could actually try and have a discussion, if it's not beyond your capabilities.

We have one of the best youngsters in Scottish football; you've got Willie Gibson.

Don't think we've claimed that Gibson is a youngster to be fair.

Thought Hamilton were excellent first half and completely dominated us. We couldn’t get out and Cochrane and McGrory were overrun in central midfield. We certainly defended well in that period because despite being under the cosh we limited Accies to very little.

Much better second half and on another day could easily have earned a point but better side won today.

Todd made a big difference when he came on. Keeper looks very unconvincing with ball at feet and his distribution is erratic to say the least. Players battled hard and can’t be faulted for effort but Hamilton had better players all over the pitch.

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We played really well against Kilmarnock and were extremely unlucky to get beat. I don't think Killie were particularly special but I think if we had put in a display like today against them we'd have been comfortably disposed of.

I thought Kilmarnock were more worthy of their win than Hamilton were today.

They were very dominant in the first half, but created relatively little.  

In the second, we offered a lot more.  I'd have said a draw was about right, so it's annoying that we again managed to lose.

We do seem to lack the capacity to get a grip in midfield, and I'm far from convinced by our goalkeeper.  Hard to tell from the other end, but should he have touched the initial header over the bar ahead of the first goal?

Had the Gibson free kick gone in, it might have made all the difference.

Our home record really is incredibly bad.

On an unrelated note, what's with the nonsense that prevented people leaving the ground towards the Arena?  I struggle with the logic that suggests Covid regulations require everyone to gather in the same place and exit while crammed together.

32 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Thought Hamilton were excellent first half and completely dominated us. We couldn’t get out and Cochrane and McGrory were overrun in central midfield. We certainly defended well in that period because despite being under the cosh we limited Accies to very little.

Much better second half and on another day could easily have earned a point but better side won today.

Todd made a big difference when he came on. Keeper looks very unconvincing with ball at feet and his distribution is erratic to say the least. Players battled hard and can’t be faulted for effort but Hamilton had better players all over the pitch.

Regarding Todd, I was surprised he wasn't in the starting Eleven.

Very pleasing to get the win, went into the game with a lot of positivity, and definitely would have been set up for a big fall if it had went differently.

Overall it was a much better performance than we've seen in a long time, especially first half, where we actually tried to play football. There was mistakes as clearly the players weren't used to playing this way, but that will improve with time.

Thought Ryan, Easton and Hamilton had good games as well as Matheson. 

Seems to be a popular opinion amongst Queens fans that Moyo was one of our best players. I thought he had some alright moments, but made so many mistakes that stopped good attacks and is part of the lack of quality which prevents us from making use of our dominant possession, so he's still not good enough for me.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
Instead of throwing out random insults you could actually try and have a discussion, if it's not beyond your capabilities.

We have one of the best youngsters in Scottish football; you've got Willie Gibson.

Regardless of his age he’s been tremendous, you’ve picked one of our best performers there. Hamilton done well to keep him quiet today and was limited to hitting the post with a free kick. 

Corner kirk - everyone back: not with Hamilton you don't. They constantly left 4 players on the half way line and on occasions were only being marked by 4 defenders. I've seen teams leave a couple of players up field but never 4. I take it Hamilton do this every week and this tactic wasn't a shock to Queens.

With more space in the box interestinly how play seeemed to be connelly? going moving forward late from half way line to receive a short coner and try and put in a cross usually straight into keeps hands. thankfully keeper never really got a clear chance to play a long clearance upfield for a 4 on 3

Corner kirk - everyone back: not with Hamilton you don't. They constantly left 4 players on the half way line and on occasions were only being marked by 4 defenders. I've seen teams leave a couple of players up field but never 4. I take it Hamilton do this every week and this tactic wasn't a shock to Queens.
With more space in the box interestinly how play seeemed to be connelly? going moving forward late from half way line to receive a short coner and try and put in a cross usually straight into keeps hands. thankfully keeper never really got a clear chance to play a long clearance upfield for a 4 on 3

Forgot about that. That's a helluva faith in your defence. The GK did have a couple of opportunities to release it quickly at 1-0 but decided to opt for time-wasting on the ground rather than launch it forward. Mental behaviour. On the 2nd or 3rd occasion even the Accies' fans started to (rightly) give him some pelters for not releasing earlier.

6 hours ago, queenslad said:

Nope that was all Stuart Taylor, so first time we've done it.

Be lucky if we kept one up with Rice

Edited by Laid-back Accie

Moyo gets a lot of flack but cannot fault his effort. I'd still say he's not the answer and we need an actual striker in his place but he would be an excellent option off the bench when he can run at tired legs. 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who were some Accies fans singing about earlier in the game? Kindly asking said person to depart the club it sounded like.

Colin McGowan. "Chief Executive" of the club.. Runs the charities and organises pantomimes.

Has zero interest in football.

Well we were totally outplayed and closed down for the first 45 mins. Then come out for second half and Debayo's poor pass pits us in trouble for to concede goal. Then we started playing the way we should play. We kept it on the ground Connelly was starting to get on the ball. Cochrane and McGrory were starting to get on the ball. Linking it together. Ally Roy was a passenger yesterday no help to Junior upfront. I would play Paton up with Junior to be honest. Gibson probably had his poorest game in a year but still managed to hit the post. Dropping Todd for Connelly was a decision AJ decided to make and Connelly played well second half. Todd was good when he came on and had good runs. Interesting to see how new guy plays against Broomhill as he will play that game. He has only played a total off 11 games and did not get a game for a poor Bristol Rovers side last  season. Only time will tell. 

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

On an unrelated note, what's with the nonsense that prevented people leaving the ground towards the Arena?  I struggle with the logic that suggests Covid regulations require everyone to gather in the same place and exit while crammed together.

The match officials are using the dressing rooms in the corner of the ground in the Portacabins. The route to and from the pitch is Red Zone and not accessible by fans. Nobody is "required" to exit crammed together. Wait till it clears a bit if it's a concern.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The match officials are using the dressing rooms in the corner of the ground in the Portacabins. The route to and from the pitch is Red Zone and not accessible by fans. Nobody is "required" to exit crammed together. Wait till it clears a bit if it's a concern.

I'd humbly suggest then that the Red Zone arrangements within the ground are utterly nuts.

How can that sort of segregation make sense in a Covid context, if it results in supporters being exaggeratedly bunched together when entering, and especially exiting, the ground?

The stewards did actually allow an individual to enter this 'zone' and leave that way anyway, shortly before full time, making yet more nonsense of the arrangement.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd humbly suggest then that the Red Zone arrangements within the ground are utterly nuts.

How can that sort of segregation make sense in a Covid context, if it results in supporters being exaggeratedly bunched together when entering, and especially exiting, the ground?

The stewards did actually allow an individual to enter this 'zone' and leave that way anyway, shortly before full time, making yet more nonsense of the arrangement.

There's absolutely no reason for any supporter who is concerned about it to "exaggeratedly bunch together". Take some responsibility for your own safety and wait a few minutes if need be for goodness sake. Do your classrooms have multiple exits or are the pupils told to take their time and give people space when changing rooms?

How many match officials, etc do you think were using the area as a Red Zone "shortly before full time" as a matter of interest?