Doonhamers vs. Accies

Well now we all know what it was like to watch the first half on acid. [emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957]

Point out what was wrong with the post.

Absolutely no surprise to see Queens doing what Queens do best and kick-starting another side's season. We played some decent stuff after the Accies goal but overall that was truly awful. So many misplaced passes, a lethargic display, beaten to almost every second ball. If we get a repeat of that on a regular basis it's going to be a long season. So frustrating after having played so well up to today.

The winning goal really summed up our performances. The guy could have taken his phone out to record the strike and still have had no one picking him up. A cracking strike but terribly defended.

I think the set-up and line-up what fine, it was down the players today who have let us down. My only gripe with AJ today was the last two subs. I didn't particularly think Junior deserved to be subbed but more frustratingly was the introduction of Joseph. We've brought in a supposed quality CM and left him on the bench behind a Joseph who has offered very little from what I've saw. More confusing than anything else really.

Today was the first time we've saw what other fans mean about Roy. He was awful.

Hopefully a blip and we get a good bounce against Broomhill.

We weren’t at the races for long spells of that game but probably created enough to get a draw out of it. Second best for the majority and played our best stuff when behind. Think we need a shake up in the middle of the park as that just doesn’t work, too lightweight and switch off far too often. Second goal was the perfect example of how easy they go missing. Soares continues to impress upfront and surprised we took him off as he didn’t look like he was out on his feet. 

Edited by Broony88

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Point out what was wrong with the post.

You thought Accies first half was an awful performance, it’s possibly the best 45 minutes of pressing I’ve seen in the flesh. They had 2/3 men hounding our centre midfielders and wingbacks every single time we had the ball. I think it was about 20 minutes in to the game before we actually had control of the ball in their half. Yes a part was played by us and our lack of quality trying to play out but the majority of it was because of how hard they were working to give us zero time on the ball. We actually had the best two chances of the first half  (accies free kick aside) and it would have been daylight robbery had we gone ahead. 

I think you will definitely be the only person that watched the game today that thought Accies were awful in the first half. 

You thought Accies first half was an awful performance, it’s possibly the best 45 minutes of pressing I’ve seen in the flesh. They had 2/3 men hounding our centre midfielders and wingbacks every single time we had the ball. I think it was about 20 minutes in to the game before we actually had control of the ball in their half. Yes a part was played by us and our lack of quality trying to play out but the majority of it was because of how hard they were working to give us zero time on the ball. We actually had the best two chances of the first half  (accies free kick aside) and it would have been daylight robbery had we gone ahead. 

I think you will definitely be the only person that watched the game today that thought Accies were awful in the first half. 

They pressed really well, had lots of the ball, had a fair few crosses/corners and yet should have been going in to the break 1 down if it hadn't been for a super save by their goalkeeper.

They were awful in as much as a competent attacking side would have had that game won in the first half.

Is the guy that's videos the QOtS games pished? He can't seem to keep up with play or know how to zoom in.  Fck paying for that.lol
If you'd paid for the stream you'd have got a proper cameraman, replays and commentary. Your dodgy stream would have been the automated pixellot camera.

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

This. I thought Accies were much, much better than I expected them to be. Disappointingly. They were good all over the park, especially first half where they barely gave us a kick for the first half hour. First team to keep Wullie Gibson very quiet too. David Moyo was the best player on the park.

It was a little strange because the second half was more even but the better side won the game. I didn't see the opening goal as I wasn't back out from half time so can't comment on it. Out just in time to see the equaliser. Winner was poorly defended. Connelly should be much closer to him and someone should come out of defence to close it down more quickly too.

Appreciate you shouldn't make judgements on one viewing but on that game I'd expect Accies to be up there challenging Killie. Which I wasn't expecting given their track record to date.

We weren't great but I'm not convinced we were all that bad either, just pushed back on our heels by a better side on the day for most of the game.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Is the guy that's videos the QOtS games pished? He can't seem to keep up with play or know how to zoom in.  Fck paying for that.lol

If you watched a pirate stream then it was the automated Pixellot nonsense, not the quality product we sell. Hell mend you. I hope you missed your goals. 😝

39 minutes ago, Mr X said:
2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

If you'd paid for the stream you'd have got a proper cameraman, replays and commentary. Your dodgy stream would have been the automated pixellot camera.

Thanks. It would have been a disgrace if they were charging for the feed I had. Missed our 1st goal as the half time score was still on the screen and blocking the goal. 😂

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If you watched a pirate stream then it was the automated Pixellot nonsense, not the quality product we sell. Hell mend you. I hope you missed your goals. 😝

See above. Missed the equaliser too as I was checking the scores on my phone.lol

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Thanks. It would have been a disgrace if they were charging for the feed I had. Missed our 1st goal as the half time score was still on the screen and blocking the goal. 😂

Good 😛 

On the game, Accies were the better team in possession and they totally stopped us playing for 40 minutes but I thought Queens had the better chances over 90 minutes. Brynn didnt really make a save of any note. Which is probably good as I think he makes a mess of the first goal and maybe could have got down quicker to the second, although the defending really should have been better

Appreciate you shouldn't make judgements on one viewing but on that game I'd expect Accies to be up there challenging Killie.

I'm happy to make a charity bet with you that Hamilton won't even be in the top 3, never mind a title challenge.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm happy to make a charity bet with you that Hamilton won't even be in the top 3, never mind a title challenge.

I'll bet you are. I'm not interested. Maybe they'll go on to be awful more often than not. Their record to date isn't anything special. But on today's showing they were possibly even marginally better than Killie and certainly better than anyone else we've played.

I'll bet you are. I'm not interested. Maybe they'll go on to be awful more often than not. Their record to date isn't anything special. But on today's showing they were possibly even marginally better than Killie and certainly better than anyone else we've played.

We played really well against Kilmarnock and were extremely unlucky to get beat. I don't think Killie were particularly special but I think if we had put in a display like today against them we'd have been comfortably disposed of.