Doonhamers vs. Accies

12 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/720888.stm

The 21 years grudge match over 15 points deduction....

What's everyone's thoughts on next weekend's game in Dumfries?

Unless Accies buy a right back, centre midfielder and at least 1 striker will be a comfortable home win.

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is the plan here for the ground, including the main stand, being fully open for people to rock up, buy a ticket in the Arena or the window in the 'new stand' and then just get in?

The Main Stand wont be open, but otherwise yes I think so. There should be a statement early in the week. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not wishing to shoot the messenger, but why no main stand ffs?

It seems to be solely the preserve of substitutes (I'm not sure why they aren't allowed in the dugout) and people more far important than the paying fans such as blazers and hangers-on, press pass holders and George Galloway and his family should he wish to make use of his season ticket *cough cough*.

I'm guessing that changing rooms on both sides are still getting used, meaning that the main stand remains the preserve of subs etc, as suggested.
It seems a bit daft at this stage tbh, but it's maybe not within the club's control.

It’s to do with the sfa rules on red zones and player social distancing load nonsense

I'm guessing that changing rooms on both sides are still getting used, meaning that the main stand remains the preserve of subs etc, as suggested.
It seems a bit daft at this stage tbh, but it's maybe not within the club's control.

The players still need to sit 2 meters apart and the club are just following league / government guidelines.

16 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

The players still need to sit 2 meters apart and the club are just following league / government guidelines.

Yes, fair enough.  I figured it would be something like that.  I'd have thought that earmarking the first few rows would be sufficient for that, but I suppose it's easier to just shut the whole thing, rather than insert complicated boundaries and restrictions when the rest of the ground can cope comfortably with the attendance.

It's just frustrating that the full match experience hasn't yet returned.

23 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not wishing to shoot the messenger, but why no main stand ffs?

19 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, fair enough.  I figured it would be something like that.  I'd have thought that earmarking the first few rows would be sufficient for that, but I suppose it's easier to just shut the whole thing, rather than insert complicated boundaries and restrictions when the rest of the ground can cope comfortably with the attendance.

It's just frustrating that the full match experience hasn't yet returned.

Hamilton Match Information

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks.

It seems absolutely nuts that players still need to maintain 2 metres distance from each other when the rest of us don't, but that's obviously not the club's doing.  It's good that steps will be in place for next time.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thanks.

It seems absolutely nuts that players still need to maintain 2 metres distance from each other when the rest of us don't, but that's obviously not the club's doing.  It's good that steps will be in place for next time.

Not necessarily next time. I believe it's likely to be more than a month. It certainly won't be in place for the Broomhill cup tie and will be touch and go for the Arbroath league game I imagine. It's been addressed though and the solution is out of the club's hands in terms of timing.

The rest of us of course don't prevent fixtures from going ahead by being unavailable to attend them. Given the extensive number of cases across the Championship in the last fortnight it's hard to argue with the logic. The manager has already confirmed we've had several positive cases at the club in the last fortnight (including me). Morton were missing players on Saturday. Ayr were missing players. Etc. Society opens up and the young and only partially / recently vaccinated get Covid in droves. Who'd have thunk it? 🙄

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Not necessarily next time. I believe it's likely to be more than a month. It certainly won't be in place for the Broomhill cup tie and will be touch and go for the Arbroath league game I imagine. It's been addressed though and the solution is out of the club's hands in terms of timing.
The rest of us of course don't prevent fixtures from going ahead by being unavailable to attend them. Given the extensive number of cases across the Championship in the last fortnight it's hard to argue with the logic. The manager has already confirmed we've had several positive cases at the club in the last fortnight (including me). Morton were missing players on Saturday. Ayr were missing players. Etc. Society opens up and the young and only partially / recently vaccinated get Covid in droves. Who'd have thunk it? [emoji849]

You forgot to add in "moronic anti-vaxxers" who are currently clogging up our ICU.

Only thing to point out is that recent research showed that being double jabbed didnt prevent you getting covid or even passing it on, but it lowered the likelihood of severe impacts. If that is the case, tricky to see how we will keep a league going, esp once the darker colder months lead to an inevitable increase in cases.

58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The rest of us of course don't prevent fixtures from going ahead by being unavailable to attend them. Given the extensive number of cases across the Championship in the last fortnight it's hard to argue with the logic. The manager has already confirmed we've had several positive cases at the club in the last fortnight (including me). Morton were missing players on Saturday. Ayr were missing players. Etc. Society opens up and the young and only partially / recently vaccinated get Covid in droves. Who'd have thunk it? 🙄

Yes, I suppose so.

I was thinking of how at one point last winter, football clubs were among very few workplaces that were still soldiering on while everywhere locked down.  It therefore seems odd that they're now among the most restricted working environments around.

The logic around youngsters getting it and the potential Impact on matches, however, is pretty sound.

Don't ever make me admit to being wrong again.  D'you hear?