Killie v ICT TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

So I guess when Operation Give The Ball To Burke fails, Killie are shite?

Not shite, just average in this league. These two promised signings will hopefully make the difference but the title will be between the both of us & I am not confident enough to call who is going to win it at the moment.

12 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Or to put it another way when Operation Kick The Shite Out Of Burke works, you win.

So basically what I said then.

16 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Well that was shite.

Fair play to Caley tho', they kicked us off the park in the first half and played us off the park in the second.

Big shout out also to the Caley support who backed them well throughout.

I hate Broadfoot and Dodds as they are both c8nts and also that wee p***k Gardyne who always seems to have a belter against us.

Better team won as we could still be playing without scoring, Christ do we need a striker...

Also, while we were poor today, it was still an improvement from last season, and that's saying something...

Oh, Aye, and  'Caley are a bunch of cheating bullying b*****ds and the Ref was a disgrace'. 😀

Pretty much sums up what I made of it. While I didn't think Inverness were brilliant they were much better than us. It just shows how poor our striking options are as ICT looked cohesive, had a solid gameplan and stuck to it. We could be playing until now and not have scored. Robinson going off is a worry - and it must surely be clear to our fans now that Innes Cameron isn't up to it. He could yet go on to prove me wrong in time but I've been watching him from his time in the under-20s and I'm still to be convinced by him. Hopefully TW gets the signings sorted out because we need them.

First big test of the season failed - but there's still 32 games to go and loads can happen. Not worth getting too down about yet, there'll be plenty of twists and turns. Lastly, enjoyed hearing a big crowd today and the Caley Jags fans were impressive in how they backed their team, so fair play.

I know I'm being greedy (and frankly unrealistic), but as well as the 2 strikers we've been promised and which we badly need, I'd love to see us sign a creative midfielder as well to give us a bit more invention. We can't always rely on Burke to be the creator as it's too much for him, he's 37 and it's too one dimensional and if Polworth has an off day we don't have a natural replacement for him to be the central playmaker. Anyway, it's a long season and it's early days. Fair play to Caley, they were solid and we were pedestrian.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm just going by what Killie fans have said. You nullify Burke and you don't create anything.

At the moment yes.... left side offers very little, it'll be interesting to see if TW addresses this with any of the rumoured signings.

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I know I'm being greedy (and frankly unrealistic), but as well as the 2 strikers we've been promised and which we badly need, I'd love to see us sign a creative midfielder as well to give us a bit more invention.

As TW said he still has the ability to use the loan market till Sept so he'll still have options after the window shuts....

The thing with Polworth was that he seemed to be taking up decent enough positions on the pitch. He often positioned himself in a good amount of space between Allardice /MacGregor and Broadfoot / Devine but Killie couldn't seem to get the ball to him to do much damage. 

I wasn’t too disappointed with yesterday’s defeat, although I’m not really too sure why.

Firstly the keeper has sold the jerseys in my opinion for the goal, I haven’t seen the highlights yet but pretty sure he should save it. From then though I thought we played well in the first half but I thought ICT did too. I saw a lot of people crying about their tactics and whilst I wasn’t happy at the time with the constant fouls on reflection you have to appreciate they’ve done a bit of a job around us. Second half we just played into their hands.

Wee word to the away fans, more than I expected and you created a decent bit of noise for your team. Certainly 100x louder than Ayr fans were at our first home game.

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I wasn’t too disappointed with yesterday’s defeat, although I’m not really too sure why.

Firstly the keeper has sold the jerseys in my opinion for the goal, I haven’t seen the highlights yet but pretty sure he should save it. From then though I thought we played well in the first half but I thought ICT did too. I saw a lot of people crying about their tactics and whilst I wasn’t happy at the time with the constant fouls on reflection you have to appreciate they’ve done a bit of a job around us. Second half we just played into their hands.

Wee word to the away fans, more than I expected and you created a decent bit of noise for your team. Certainly 100x louder than Ayr fans were at our first home game.

We probably took more yesterday than any team bar yourselves and Thistle will take to Inverness this season. Despite only having to go up and down the A9 twice as opposed to 18 times for us.

10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I agree with you here. We were poor for the last half hour, but probably at least 6 or 7 times out of 10 we'd still have won that game with the chances and possession we had. It's definitely not the existential despair of the defeats from last season where you question the point in even watching.

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I agree with you here. We were poor for the last half hour, but probably at least 6 or 7 times out of 10 we'd still have won that game with the chances and possession we had. It's definitely not the existential despair of the defeats from last season where you question the point in even watching.

Exactly.

And, without wanting to sound like I’m at the windup, generally speaking if that was Ayr, Morton etc I probably would be a bit more worried but Caley Thistle have a good team and clearly will be a real contender to win this division. The soft early goal really just left us in a bad position especially against a team that strong.

Biggest disappointments for me on Saturday were the goalkeeper, Naismith, McKenzie (hides) and Alston who just seemed to be a bit panicked at times. 

Haunstrop as well but I feel like he got sucked into doing the opposite of what the East stand wanted him to do every time he got the ball on the second half and the more negatively we reacted to that the worse he got.