Killie v ICT TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

Now Rugby Park can welcome back all fans wishing to attend on Saturday, there will be a minutes applause before the game to remember those fans lost during the pandemic and also to celebrate the NHS & all key workers.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The interesting thing about the line up for this game is will we go with what has been successful so far or make radical changes as we are facing probably the best team we've played so far this season, excluding Hearts in the league cup?

I think we'll go with a similar line up to the recent games, as RiG has above or thereabouts.  I doubt we'll change much defensively or in midfield and Duku and Sutherland have played well enough to merit starts.  Having Doran and Mckay on the bench are good options and they won't be match fit at this point.

I only watched the Kilmarnock game against Ayr and thought they pretty much rolled them over.  Ayr look pretty poor this season so not sure much can be read into that but Killie certainly looked a coherent team in that game, which is an achievement considering they are basically an entirely new squad.  Innes Cameron scored half his goals last season against us, which doesn't bode well either.

In conclusion, my prediction is a 4-0 win for Caley, Kirk Broadfoot scoring a hat-trick with Liam Polworth being sent off.

the last sentance , well it sure made me laugh.

It is my every intention to purchase the online viewing option for this fixture.

As a special treat my scheme was to avail myself with the opportunity of the afternoon delight of the snack marketed as the "killie pie".

Alas, upon inspection at Aldi, the inclusion of palm oil is something I cannot countenance.

4 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Could anyone give me a tip on where to park? Driving down from Aberdeen as to avoid paying one hundred million pounds for a train ticket 

As already mentioned, I parked on one of the streets near the ground when we played in the Premiership days and it was no bother at all.

58 minutes ago, sophia said:

It is my every intention to purchase the online viewing option for this fixture.

As a special treat my scheme was to avail myself with the opportunity of the afternoon delight of the snack marketed as the "killie pie".

Alas, upon inspection at Aldi, the inclusion of palm oil is something I cannot countenance.

As a really special treat for you, Gordon Smith is on co-comms tomorrow....  if that doesn't make you shit yersel nothin will !!

If ICT play with only two centrally they could be in for a long afternoon. McGinn, Alston & Polworth have been very good so far and as a team we seem to get better the longer the game goes. Robinson now fit & firing gives us more chance of scoring and the defence has been solid so far. Should be a good game against a team likely to challenge & stay the course this season. 

31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As a really special treat for you, Gordon Smith is on co-comms tomorrow....  if that doesn't make you shit yersel nothin will !!

Such a charming response.

It is to be noted, appropriate or not, Mr Smith is a proponent and indeed a wearer of artificial turf so his participation seems appropriate.

8 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

If ICT play with only two centrally they could be in for a long afternoon. McGinn, Alston & Polworth have been very good so far and as a team we seem to get better the longer the game goes. Robinson now fit & firing gives us more chance of scoring and the defence has been solid so far. Should be a good game against a team likely to challenge & stay the course this season. 

That is a bit of a concern, actually. We failed to match up with Cove in the middle of the park in the League Cup and they completely owned the midfield. Obviously we've improved considerably since then, but Killie are a far, far better team than Cove. We do have the players to go with three in the middle, especially with Welsh fit again, but I can't see Dodds dropping Shane Sutherland, who has started well for us playing just behind Duku up front. 

Absolutely buzzing for this, I've been awake since before six thinking about being back at a meaningful away match again. Unfortunately some fucker scheduled a work-related Zoom meeting for this morning which means I can't leave until midday. My gut feeling is that we'll lose, but even if we do, I really hope that we score, and that it's a goal that means something at the time - one that gives us a lead, or an equaliser - rather than the undeserved last minute penalty we got at Cove. It would be a fantastic moment after so long away.  

10 hours ago, sophia said:

The palm oil doesn't concern me as much as the famous pie contains lumps of dead bovine muscle. TBF, both are to be avoided in my kitchen.

Off to discover if Killie telly accepts PayPal, credit, as one is totally skint and pay day ain't till Tuesday.

ETA Alas and alack, no PayPal, I'm stuck with the crappy auto follow camera via Hesgoal.

Edited by DuntoiRab

Cue the inevitable post, 'Caley are a bunch of cheating bullying b*****ds and the Ref was a disgrace'.

The Killie commentator just said that Caley were the better team overall and I wouldn't disagree, I said in my first post that we had a chance of a result and I was proved right, we were by far more organised and Killie looked ragged at times, I think their recent results belied the fact that Killie were still in the process of settling in with so many new players.

Again nobody outstanding but Caley played as a team together.

Our next league game against PT will be a task as they are scoring well at the moment.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 24/08/2021 at 20:39, Snafu said:

We've had some success historically in this away fixture, but here I would full expect Kilmarnock to stroll this one being a much bigger club with more resources.

I would be a massive shock is we can go down there and get an unlikely result.

I hope you've enjoyed being shocked.

Telt Ye.