Killie v ICT TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

Any decision on whether away fans can attend would be nothing to do with EAC. They'll just be providing the club with approval for a particular capacity (hopefully an unlimited one), and it be up to the club to decide how to allocate the tickets.

Yeah, I was assuming it meant they were waiting to see if they would be allowed a full house. Then depending on demand we would either be behind the goals or in the main stand. We will be getting an allocation of some sort.

12 hours ago, Snafu said:

We've had some success historically in this away fixture, but here I would full expect Kilmarnock to stroll this one being a much bigger club with more resources.

I would be a massive shock is we can go down there and get an unlikely result.

I'm not expecting an outright big win for us but I believe we have a chance of a result, Killie are a relegated team who, as we know with other recent relegated teams, will see themselves as the bigger club in the Championship with a big fish in a small pond mentality, however this year this league is packed with aspiring good teams and Killie might not find it as easy as they think, plus bear in mind that Tommy offloaded 10 Killie  players and 4 loans when they got relegated with some good players among them, so Tommy has been restructuring since May and we all know that will take time to bed in.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not expecting an outright big win for us but I believe we have a chance of a result, Killie are a relegated team who, as we know with other recent relegated teams, will see themselves as the bigger club in the Championship with a big fish in a small pond mentality, however this year this league is packed with aspiring good teams and Killie might not find it as easy as they think, plus bear in mind that Tommy offloaded 10 Killie  players and 4 loans when they got relegated with some good players among them, so Tommy has been restructuring since May and we all know that will take time to bed in.

Who were the good players?

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

In all honesty, the only player who left at the end of the season who would have improved our current squad was Lafferty.

The rest were the players who got us into this position and no one down here was sad to see any of them leave.

A new broom was what was needed and that's what we now have, the garbage all brushed away. 

We are already a much better side than last season and all we are missing now IMO are a couple of strikers.

Cant wait until being able to sit in my own seat again for the first time in ages and would expect a good entertaining game with away fans in.

Hope everyone enjoys themselves.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

I always thought they were part of some great conspiracy in Scottish football that would never see them relegated from the top flight, same for Motherwell and Aberdeen. Must be winds of change blowing through Scottish football or someone has lost the script.

Though Kilmarnock is the same size as Inverness's population wise the club does have far greater average attendances figures than us and are a well established Scottish side, with that better revenue they have been in a financial position over the years to attract better players, sadly, according to two posters replying to my earlier post, this was not the scenario last season where they had the worst players possible. How often have we heard that? with 7 wins out of 21 games by December last season maybe the Killie management should have got rid, but then again we went through the same shit with Foran in charge.

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Though Kilmarnock is the same size as Inverness's population wise the club does have far greater average attendances figures than us and are a well established Scottish side, with that better revenue they have been in a financial position over the years to attract better players, sadly, according to two posters replying to my earlier post, this was not the scenario last season where they had the worst players possible. How often have we heard that? with 7 wins out of 21 games by December last season maybe the Killie management should have got rid, but then again we went through the same shit with Foran in charge.

Despite the fans crying out for change long before Christmas, our esteemed board decided to stick with Dyer until after the transfer window had closed.

Had TW come in earlier he would almost certainly have made the changes necessary to turn things around.

But we stuck when we should have twisted and here we are.................................

For what it's worth, there's now a great feeling of optimism about the place and all we await is someone else to come in and put the ball in the net regularly along with Robinson. KTID.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Killie TV is only £9.99.  Is it any good?

As good as anything in the division with instant replays if and when required, commentary is now from ex BBC journo/commentator John Barnes and Gary Hay.

On 25/08/2021 at 09:52, SandyCromarty said:

Squad this season is better than last seasons, IMO.

19 hours ago, Snafu said:

Rarely a good thing to keep the most of same squad that got the club relegated even if you could afford to keep them.

Also a good idea not to into the trap of settling for the over 30 year old journeymen who are unlikely to improve and rise above that level.

We've kept same budget as last season. 

On 25/08/2021 at 09:52, SandyCromarty said:

Absolutely delighted 14 players left, only Lafferty is was disappointed about. Our team this year would win easily against last years. 3 games in and very impressed so far. Long long way to go though 

There doesn't seem to be any new injuries for us to be concerned about ahead of this game so I suspect that we may say a pretty similar team to the one that defeated Ayr.

Ridgers
Carson Broadfoot Devine Deas
Walsh Allardice MacGregor Gardyne
Sutherland
Duku

Some decent options off the bench with the likes of Doran, Mckay and MacAlear ready to come on. Might we go a bit more defensive and put MacAlear in the middle for Sutherland and push MacGregor further up? 

The interesting thing about the line up for this game is will we go with what has been successful so far or make radical changes as we are facing probably the best team we've played so far this season, excluding Hearts in the league cup?

I think we'll go with a similar line up to the recent games, as RiG has above or thereabouts.  I doubt we'll change much defensively or in midfield and Duku and Sutherland have played well enough to merit starts.  Having Doran and Mckay on the bench are good options and they won't be match fit at this point.

I only watched the Kilmarnock game against Ayr and thought they pretty much rolled them over.  Ayr look pretty poor this season so not sure much can be read into that but Killie certainly looked a coherent team in that game, which is an achievement considering they are basically an entirely new squad.  Innes Cameron scored half his goals last season against us, which doesn't bode well either.

In conclusion, my prediction is a 4-0 win for Caley, Kirk Broadfoot scoring a hat-trick with Liam Polworth being sent off.

Edited by ICTChris

On 24/08/2021 at 20:39, Snafu said:

We've had some success historically in this away fixture, but here I would full expect Kilmarnock to stroll this one being a much bigger club with more resources.

I would be a massive shock is we can go down there and get an unlikely result.

Faint heart never fecked a pig.

Courage mon Brave.