Killie v ICT TOP OF THE TABLE CLASH

Will be making the trip down for this one. We’ve won all 3 games without really getting out of first gear - really intrigued how we will look against a better quality side. 

Hows Polworth been for you guys? Best player in the league IMO. Amazed he’s not still at Premiership level.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Will be making the trip down for this one. We’ve won all 3 games without really getting out of first gear - really intrigued how we will look against a better quality side. 

Hows Polworth been for you guys? Best player in the league IMO. Amazed he’s not still at Premiership level.

He's decent yeah. Plays in the hole behind the striker and is growing into the role.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

We've got every reason to be confident for this one. Home pitch, home crowd and on a decent bit of league form so far. I suspect we will stick with the same team as today if possible.

I'd like to see Armstrong or Murray come in for Rory. I think our best bet is playing passes around the ICT defence, trying to draw Broadfoot in to one of his careless out-of-position tackles then running in on goal with pace, of which he has none. I'd rather have a pacy winger with a bit of intent than McKenzie. 

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Good. Sets up the second well today, very unlucky that the ref never spotted he had scored last week v Hibs. Looks like he may be the man to play that defence splitting pass we have lacked. 

8 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I'd like to see Armstrong or Murray come in for Rory. I think our best bet is playing passes around the ICT defence, trying to draw Broadfoot in to one of his careless out-of-position tackles then running in on goal with pace, of which he has none. I'd rather have a pacy winger with a bit of intent than McKenzie. 

Good. Sets up the second well today, very unlucky that the ref never spotted he had scored last week v Hibs. Looks like he may be the man to play that defence splitting pass we have lacked. 

F Murray looks good, yeah, but Rory gives that trademark McKenzie workrate and effort, which I think we'll need against Caley. I'd be happy with either.

The last time I was at Rugby Park was back in 2012, sadly the older Caley supporter in the row behind me collapsed and died, Killie medical staff tried their best, what surprised me was even when an ambulance arrived at the side of the pitch the game carried on, some of us though gave up and left the ground, some years later a fan collapsed at a Killie v Hibs game and the match was respectfully abandoned.

On a brighter note I would like to see this weekend a repeat of the 2011 match when we trounced Killie 6-3 at Rugby Park, though I very much doubt that will happen.

13 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Polworth has been absolutely outstanding in my opinion. 2nd best player in the league behind burke ;)

Hopefully Billy Mckay will be fit enough to start this one. I think Duku has had a decent start to the season for us but Mckay would have scored 2 or 3 goals already if he had the chances that Duku has had in the opening 3 games.

Sutherland has to stay in the starting 11 IMO. Unless you drop him for a midfielder. He might not be the best player but what a shift he puts in and it is very much needed when we are only playing 2 in the middle of the park.

Edited by PB1994

On 22/08/2021 at 10:14, SandyCromarty said:

The last time I was at Rugby Park was back in 2012, sadly the older Caley supporter in the row behind me collapsed and died, Killie medical staff tried their best, what surprised me was even when an ambulance arrived at the side of the pitch the game carried on, some of us though gave up and left the ground, some years later a fan collapsed at a Killie v Hibs game and the match was respectfully abandoned.

On a brighter note I would like to see this weekend a repeat of the 2011 match when we trounced Killie 6-3 at Rugby Park, though I very much doubt that will happen.

I was at both games you mentioned. It wasn't long after the cup final when Liam Kelly's father collapsed after the final whistle. I recall saying to my mate "feck sake, no again".

And 6-3 is best forgotten.

Edited by DuntoiRab

On 22/08/2021 at 10:14, SandyCromarty said:

The late John MacDonald who, IIRC, was a regular fixture at many away games in the central belt. A truly awful day.

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Hopefully Billy Mckay will be fit enough to start this one. I think Duku has had a decent start to the season for us but Mckay would have scored 2 or 3 goals already if he had the chances that Duku has had in the opening 3 games.

Sutherland has to stay in the starting 11 IMO. Unless you drop him for a midfielder. He might not be the best player but what a shift he puts in and it is very much needed when we are only playing 2 in the middle of the park.

Agree on Billy. Although I don't think Sutherland is good enough to ever be a regular starter. I'd have Doran in the front 2 instead. I think he'd be more of a goal threat than any of the strikers we've had in recent years. 

Billy and Aaron, would also more naturally drift out wide. That would allow McGregor to stay more central and find the space in between. He came over to support on both wings a lot on Saturday, because we were too slow in doing something. IMO.

4 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Agree on Billy. Although I don't think Sutherland is good enough to ever be a regular starter. I'd have Doran in the front 2 instead. I think he'd be more of a goal threat than any of the strikers we've had in recent years. 

Billy and Aaron, would also more naturally drift out wide. That would allow McGregor to stay more central and find the space in between. He came over to support on both wings a lot on Saturday, because we were too slow in doing something. IMO.

Sutherland was really poor in the first half on Saturday. In the second half though, he was excellent and made a huge impact before going off. I don’t think you can underestimate what his running power/work rate brings to the side, although I’d like to see him be more present within games as he does often drift out of matches. His flick for Duku before the goal was excellent.

I do agree though, with the quality of Mckay and Doran especially on the bench, it’s hard to leave that out. A welcome dilemma! 

23 hours ago, DuntoiRab said:

I was at both games you mentioned. It wasn't long after the cup final when Liam Kelly's father collapsed after the final whistle. I recall saying to my mate "feck sake, no again".

And 6-3 is best forgotten.

Aye by the Killie fans, but it comes nowhere near the SuperCaley result.

The wife's granddad played for the Rangers and Killie way back in the leather ball days, he owned the Crown Bar in town and I enjoyed a refreshment there on match days.

Ayr announcing that they are identifying more COVID cases in their team. Hopefully we don't pick anything up over the next few days ahead of this match.

Apparently we are waiting on East Ayrshire Council to confirm what kind of crowd will be able to attend on Saturday before we get any news about tickets.

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently we are waiting on East Ayrshire Council to confirm what kind of crowd will be able to attend on Saturday before we get any news about tickets.

Home tickets are only on sale for the Frank Beattie & East Stand, leaving the Chadwick free, which has previously been used to house home supporters, for away fans.... I'll be disappointed if EAC don't allow you guys at RP on Saturday.

Edited by C4mmy31