Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

Enjoyable afternoon and surprisingly comfortable away outing for the Lichties.  I’ve never seen Arbroath win at East End and we seem to have played there fairly often in cups in recent years so another plus.  Can understand the frustration of the home support since the Pars seemed passive and disjointed and allowed us to knock it around nicely at times without putting us under much pressure.  They have enough decent players so I assume it’s a question of integrating them.  Some more natural order will be restored as the season progresses but a much better start than last year

Jesus, I was convinced that Grant was a reasonable hiring, but holy shit what a fiasco! The real question is how much time will the club allow him. Fire him now and you thin the class of possible replacements, as they could all see a few lost in a row happening to them as well, but wait too long and you’ve got relegation worries. I suspect Week 9 would be the post, allow him once through the League and look for positives.

Every time we went up the park it looked like we could score. Dunfermline’s defence were poor. Ref gave Dunfermline defenders a free card against Nouble he was being held back every time but got nothing when he used his strength.

Great play by the whole team and Gaston had superb saves.

Great to be back at games and what a great support.

yeahhhhhhhh

3 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Absolutely immense from the Red Lichties today 🇱🇻🤩💪 Smashed it out the park, Such an excellent performance and result and away to Dunfermline, This tops the last victory at EEP when we won 3-2 several years back with Sheerin, I know the fan’s are not happy but Dunfermline are still a big top side and this is a great achievement for us Smokies, Enjoy the long weekend folks and all the best to the Pars for the rest of the season. DC will enjoy this one I am sure.

They,re not

When do the highlights go up? Looking forward to seeing Gastons save with his face 

Usually put the goals up at midnight after the game and highlights on YouTube around lunchtime.

Our club have a habit of going into hiding when things have been bad though. So I have no idea if/when these will go up.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Usually put the goals up at midnight after the game and highlights on YouTube around lunchtime.

Our club have a habit of going into hiding when things have been bad though. So I have no idea if/when these will go up.

Dunfermline highlights are usually class and don’t think I’ve ever seen them not upload after a home league match before? I watch them all 

Dunfermline highlights are usually class and don’t think I’ve ever seen them not upload after a home league match before? I watch them all 
If you hadn't bloody well humiliated us, we'd have them by now. So actually this is all Arbroath's fault.

Just watched the highlights and to see our first goal as i missed it due to needing a "comfort break" 😄 Pars keeper didn't look too clever there. Dunfermline did have chances but Gaston had some good saves when needed but thought he got a bit lucky with the chalked off goal for a foul on him. Overall though don't think anyone can complain about the result Arbroath could've scored more and we played some really good stuff and were good to watch and everyone is playing well.

Dunfermline....OFT.