Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Any chance the Pars fans can give our Lichties the praise they deserve? Absolutely bossed it 

This.  All over the park and in the dugouts.  Dunfermline were dire, but Arbroath deserved everything they got today.

Grant, please empty your things from your office and head west.  

I was underwhelmed by the appointment of "Pointer" but thought I must be missing something that others see. Looks like he is out of his depth with a vacuous void of ideas.

Please end this torture now and replace with someone who doesn't necessarily talk a good game, but has his/her team playing one.

What's Shelley Kerr up to?

Arbroath aren’t pretty but they have a plan, are very well organised and execute it very consistently. Fair play to them, they’ll have a half decent season if they keep that up.

We, on the other hand, are in seriously big trouble. Mistakes all over the place, structure is a mess, and the pressure is really on to get a result as soon as possible.

side note: I know Comrie is a new dad and all that so is probs knackered, but we need him desperately at RB as soon as possible.

Well that was fun and glad Thomas was there to experience the sour atmosphere in person, I know it's a little thing but Grant sat on his arse as the game along annoys me more that it should, the basics were wrong and yet he's not out there coaching through the game.

As for Dom Thomas telling the fans to f**k off, it's not us that pick the team or stroll about the park.

5 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Arbroath aren’t pretty but they have a plan, are very well organised and execute it very consistently. Fair play to them, they’ll have a half decent season if they keep that up.

We, on the other hand, are in seriously big trouble. Mistakes all over the place, structure is a mess, and the pressure is really on to get a result as soon as possible.

side note: I know Comrie is a new dad and all that so is probs knackered, but we need him desperately at RB as soon as possible.

Aren’t pretty? You wish you could play football like us. 

Mehmet - Nah not good enough. Needs to be dropped. 

MacDonald - handful of good deliveries. Not the worst on the park but no where near as good as comrie.

Vytas - caught in some honking positions. Calm on the ball at least and distribution was adequate.

Watson - absolutely shocking. Miles off it. Arbroath players literally knocking the ball by him and gliding past. 

Edwards - The less said the better, launched the ball straight out the park nearly every time he got the ball. 

Pybus - actually not too bad, but still need better quality in there, hooked at half time because he was booked. 

Dorrans - meh, I just expect better dunno if that’s just me but still not seen him make a tackle.

Dow - one of his disappearing acts, miles off his best

Kennedy - only bit of spark the game had, can’t ask for much more. Lucky to have him because he will get us goals. 

O’Hara - first touch was ridiculously bad all day long. Should’ve offered more off the ball. We had it in the final third and he stood right in front of the centre half every time making no effort to even show for the ball. 

Todorov - he tried and came close a few times. His goal shouldn’t have been ruled out in IMO. Not much service for him though it was to be said. 

Credit to Arbroath they’ve humiliated us there and I thought they could’ve at least had two penalties. Grant’s got to go now, two home games and been leathered 3-0 twice. Got this pointless cup game now against Elgin to get out the way before we get a shot at redemption. Genuine fucking dismal. 

Well worth the 3 points, dominant from start to finish. 
On that viewing we’re miles ahead of Dunfermline as we were Patrick last week so onwards and upwards.

Actually feel a bit sorry for Dunfermline fans, when you see that big stadium it really is a premier league club but the appointment of grant beggars belief really. 

as for us , some big performances, Nicky Low outstanding and Mike mckenna like a man possessed 

Arbroath absolutely miles better than us and thoroughly deserved to win by that margin, from what I seen as I bolted as soon as the 3rd went in. Nouble (sp?) is an absolute class-act. Bullied us about with ease.

Playing Dow as a CM, playing MacDonald ahead of POTY Comrie, putting on 3 strikers again…I really could go on all day. Grant cannot remain manager. It is getting worse and worse every week. There is no way he survives this. McArthur needs to grow a fucking set and admit they made a mistake and give him his P45. Crowds will continue to twindle and we’ll be in a proper relegation scrap if we stick with this absolute charlatan. When the whole crowd starts chanting “Sacked in the morning” there really isn’t anyway back from it.

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Any chance the Pars fans can give our Lichties the praise they deserve? Absolutely bossed it 

Don't be daft. The wind (or some other meteorological factor) gave us a huge advantage as usual. If it wasn't for the weather, they would beat us every time.

Don't be daft. The wind (or some other meteorological factor) gave us a huge advantage as usual. If it wasn't for the weather, they would beat us every time.

I see what you are doing here, but when you watch that sort of performance from so called “title favourites” it’s hard to praise the opposition when analysing the game. It really was that bad to watch as a Pars fan. Myself and plenty others have gave praise to Arbroath tbf. You thoroughly merited it and looked like the ones challenging for the top.

EEP was a right shanner of a place to be today from start to finish. No atmosphere and everyone just admitting we are shite and going nowhere with this balloon in charge.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I see what you are doing here, but when you watch that sort of performance from so called “title favourites” it’s hard praise the opposition when we have been so bad. Myself and plenty others have gave praise to Arbroath in all honesty. You thoroughly merited it and looked like the ones challenging for the top.

EEP was a right shanner of a place to be today from start to finish. No atmosphere and everyone just admitting we are shite and going nowhere with this balloon in charge.

Great atmosphere in the away end 

Edited by lichtie23