Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

Will be interesting Dick's starting XI for this week's game, does he start with the team that done so well especially in the 2nd half against Thistle or does he mix it up and bring back Bobby etc?

I am a massive Linn fan and want to see him get more game time but you also have to be fair on the players that have the shirt and are doing a good job.

Would be very harsh on some players such as Craigen, Gold , Stewart etc have been superb, in fact Craigen has been one of our best players this season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0. 

Craigen is in there to improve defensive solidity and stop us getting overrun in midfield. Bobby is great going forward but I don’t remember him putting in many successful tackles. We’re not ready for all out attack in this league. Pure pragmatism.

49 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Craigen is in there to improve defensive solidity and stop us getting overrun in midfield. Bobby is great going forward but I don’t remember him putting in many successful tackles. We’re not ready for all out attack in this league. Pure pragmatism.

All out attack? Settle. It’s playing an attacking wide man. I feel like we can’t get out our half a lot when playing with Craigen out there, first half on Saturday and the whole game at Ayr it felt that way. Patterson and Linn (Stewart does it too but he’s different and more defensive too) get us up the park which takes the pressure off. We are lucky Nouble had an absolute stormer of a second half Saturday.

27 minutes ago, smpar said:

Have you all fallen in love with James Craigen too?🥰

So easily done. Lovely boy.

Lovely guy and has started this season well but was below average last term IMO. We had him on the LW against Thistle but he is better suited to the centre midfield. As has been said thought he is Swiss Army knife. 

Lovely guy and has started this season well but was below average last term IMO. We had him on the LW against Thistle but he is better suited to the centre midfield. As has been said thought he is Swiss Army knife. 

He wasn’t always the highest quality of player but he did put in some impressive performances in unnatural positions. I know ‘pashion!!!’ posts aren’t the most popular on here (hiya, DA !) but he played with a lot of pride and resilience, and those are very endearing qualities to have for a player.

17 minutes ago, smpar said:

He wasn’t always the highest quality of player but he did put in some impressive performances in unnatural positions. I know ‘pashion!!!’ posts aren’t the most popular on here (hiya, DA !) but he played with a lot of pride and resilience, and those are very endearing qualities to have for a player.

He’s a solid 7/10 player most weeks. Good player to have in the squad 

Pars Fans.

Decent child friendly bars near the ground please? The bistro comment about the Elizabeathen has put a few off and it seems the bar in the ground is for home fans only 

Edited by lichtie23

49 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Pars Fans.

Decent child friendly bars near the ground please? The bistro comment about the Elizabeathen has put a few off and it seems the bar in the ground is for home fans only 

It's been a while but The Elizabeathen sounds perfect for you, I appreciate the bistro comment makes it sound like a food place which does alcohol but I never got that impression, you can absolutely go in and do a few pints over a few hours and not feel like you're intruding. It's been the away fans choice of pub for years.