Dunfermline Athletic vs Arbroath

The Monarch? What did that used to be?

Thirsty Kirsty’s. Only been in it a handful of times but always enjoyed it. Pool table, jukebox and cheapish pints. Haven’t been in post COVID right enough.

Is there a shite pub in Dunfermline town apart from Wetherspoons? Never been in Raffles and Coady’s is never really my first choice, but I happily drink in any of them. Seven Kings is distinctly average as well.

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What’s the Elizabeathan like? Child friendly? 

It’s decent. I’d say it’s a good choice for away supporters as it means you don’t have to bother going into town and ground is a leisurely stroll.

I should point out I mentioned Seven Kings purely for the volume of TVs available for watching City vs Arsenal on Sat.

Some people can get a bit wanky about pub quality but if you’re with your mates then it really doesn’t matter at all tbh.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s decent. I’d say it’s a good choice for away supporters as it means you don’t have to bother going into town and ground is a leisurely stroll.

I should point out I mentioned Seven Kings purely for the volume of TVs available for watching City vs Arsenal on Sat.

Some people can get a bit wanky about pub quality but if you’re with your mates then it really doesn’t matter at all tbh.

Will it show any football before we walk along?

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Aye, that's definitely the redeeming quality for the Seven Kings. If folk are only bothered about getting a decent seat for the football, then aye - Seven Kings is your pub. If you're more fussed about being in a boozer with a bit of charm and uniqueness, then just about any other pub in the town will do. 

Except Wetherspoons, I really fucking hate that place. 

17 hours ago, smpar said:

FWIW I feel bad for him in a way, I start to think a bit more about the human behind the shite footballer and, as Gigi says, it’s not that he’s intentionally pish, he’s just playing at what looks to be way above his level.

As he’s a pars player for now, I obviously want him to do well. It’s not as if I take pleasure in Pars players being shite.

I felt like that with Brad McKay.  By all accounts a sound lad and great in the dressing room, but playing at a level with us (Premiership then Championship) way beyond his ability.

I felt like that with Brad McKay.  By all accounts a sound lad and great in the dressing room, but playing at a level with us (Premiership then Championship) way beyond his ability.
I liked him when he was with us. Was in league 1 right enough.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

£20 for this shite.

Animated GIF

I can't see how the club can afford to charge any less nowadays especially with the season ticket sales being quite poor. Still shite though. 

7 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

A french film. Nae red indians in it though, or Robert Wagner.

I'll come round there, and burst everyone of they boils on yer back!
Aye, ya...p***k.