Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tbf when you're a Championship regular side or lower, there really isn't much known names you would be excited to hear. You can hope for Premiership cast-offs I guess, but names like Ross and McInnes are a stretch at best (though I have the fear that Queen's Park could draw the former in). Either it's someone uninspiring who has already failed around this level or a young first-time manager who has been coaching at a good level under another competent manager.

Tbf when you're a Championship regular side or lower, there really isn't much known names you would be excited to hear. You can hope for Premiership cast-offs I guess, but names like Ross and McInnes are a stretch at best (though I have the fear that Queen's Park could draw the former in). Either it's someone uninspiring who has already failed around this level or a young first-time manager who has been coaching at a good level under another competent manager.
.21c5b774b71da5b7f9f9cb85f2585f62.jpg

They keep quoting ridiculous names for a club that has basically the same size of support as Pollock.

23 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You can hope for Premiership cast-offs I guess, but names like Ross and McInnes are a stretch at best (though I have the fear that Queen's Park could draw the former in).

When I first heard Jack Ross mentioned re the QP job I thought "you're havin' a laugh", but when you factor in the connection with Leanne Dempster at H*bs and the fact that QP are chuckin' the cash around these days, well - who knows?

6 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

They keep quoting ridiculous names for a club that has basically the same size of support as Pollock.

I get what you are saying, but this would have nowt to do with the size of the QP support - if it happens it will be due to the fact that QP have cash to spend and also their trump card in Ms Dempster (assuming of course that said Ms Dempster was in the pro-Ross camp at Easter Road).  This is a professional game and money talks - remember all the "names" that were happy to take the Gretna pound not that many years back?

Not totally sure where the QP cash pile has come from though - I'm guessing from the sale of Hampden?

15 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

When I first heard Jack Ross mentioned re the QP job I thought "you're havin' a laugh", but when you factor in the connection with Leanne Dempster at H*bs and the fact that QP are chuckin' the cash around these days, well - who knows?

I get what you are saying, but this would have nowt to do with the size of the QP support - if it happens it will be due to the fact that QP have cash to spend and also their trump card in Ms Dempster (assuming of course that said Ms Dempster was in the pro-Ross camp at Easter Road).  This is a professional game and money talks - remember all the "names" that were happy to take the Gretna pound not that many years back?

Not totally sure where the QP cash pile has come from though - I'm guessing from the sale of Hampden?

I'm sure Queens Park are also bankrolled by millionaire Haughey. Can't recall his first name. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure Queens Park are also bankrolled by millionaire Haughey. Can't recall his first name. 

Willie Haughey multi millionaire owner of City Refrigeration which has contracts all over the world 

25 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Wullie and they are.

Former Director of Celtic and the main backer behind Livingston's rise as well.

Queen’s Park seem to be following a path that involves investing in infrastructure to take the club forward rather than chucking money at mercenaries the way Gretna did.

They might attract Ross as manager but he they don’t look like they will give him 10s of thousands of pounds never mind 100s of thousands to build a squad. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queen’s Park seem to be following a path that involves investing in infrastructure to take the club forward rather than chucking money at mercenaries the way Gretna did.

Yes I'm sure Simon Murray dropped to League Two because he really believes in their 'vision' and nothing to do with the figures being put into his bank account. 

Gretna didn't make a roaring c**t of the seaside leagues as they're managing to do though, so it seems that all their Glasgow media spin about being more professional in their ambition is wide of the mark. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Yes I'm sure Simon Murray dropped to League Two because he really believes in their 'vision' and nothing to do with the figures being put into his bank account. 

Gretna didn't make a roaring c**t of the seaside leagues as they're managing to do though, so it seems that all their Glasgow media spin about being more professional in their ambition is wide of the mark. 

Simon Murray is a league 2 footballer that showed a brief indication he was going to be better than that.