Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's tricky because with the vast majority of managers on the merry go round up here you can make an educated guess as to who they will bring in to work alongside them. However with Bartley he's a complete unknown and he's only played for 2 clubs up here. Could maybe see him bringing in someone he played with in England or maybe Mathie will be able to bring someone in that he thinks can work with him. 

I know for sure it won't be Efe, I was surprised to see him taking on a coaching role with the reserves at us because he doesn't speak great English. From what I've heard he has a very limited and basic grasp of English

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Range Rover with registration plate JCK RO55 spotted in tesco car park this morning apparantly 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dreadful bait, caught more Killie fans than Ayr fans with that one. 

And also because that registration can't be legitimately issued in the UK

R55 JCK used to be on a white astra van iirc

Not really any good combos available for Jack Ross, 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I know for sure it won't be Efe, I was surprised to see him taking on a coaching role with the reserves at us because he doesn't speak great English. From what I've heard he has a very limited and basic grasp of English

Ambrose would be a decent addition to the squad though...

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ambrose would be a decent addition to the squad though...

I'm not entirely sure tbh. He's '33' but apparently told Martindale he remembers walking to pick up his birth certificate when he was about 6 or 7 :D. A lot of the body and conditioning tests we did showed his body age up as 38-42 so there could be a bit of a question there.

You can have Ambrose if you want him.

Single handedly destroyed the confidence of our entire squad with his "performance" against Livingston. The players have looked haunted ever since.

His pedigree is certainly a level above e.g. McGinty's claim to fame by having once shared a boot room with some football players at Man Utd, but Ambrose has had near enough a decade of legendary calamities in Scottish football. I'm deeply sceptical that it would be worth bringing him in as a player considering that he'd probably be the top earner by some distance. As for English, considering he's been playing in the top couple of divisions in the UK for that entire time I dare say he'll manage. The less said about the age-lying trope the better.