Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

In this instance, he is part of the mess though - unless he has no input whatsoever. 

I've no idea what sort of input he's had so far but he's only been there a couple of months, I doubt he's the main reason you are where you are. He'll also have been carrying out what is asked of him as part of a coaching team rather than implementing his own ideas as he would as manager, I would've thought. 

Hughes is cut from the same cloth as McCall. Big personality and players will either love him or hate him. However this also means he’ll persist with things that don’t work out of sheer stubbornness and won’t take responsibility for his own mistakes.

He might be what we need right now but I doubt Smith will bring someone in for the short term. If he wants someone to do that then it’ll be Duffys job to turn down.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I really hope it’s Hughes. Him insisting on McGinty and Baird trying to play out from the back could be one of the funniest things this division has seen in a while.

I think Fjortoft is probably worse on the ball than McGinty. Muirhead isn’t the worst. 

I really hope it’s Hughes. Him insisting on McGinty and Baird trying to play out from the back could be one of the funniest things this division has seen in a while.
Playing from the back you say? If that means not shelling the ball as hard and high as humanly possible from the center backs I'm all in.

I doubt very much if Hughes would be interested. 

He was very interested when McCall left but for whatever reason didn’t go through the proper channels to actually apply for the job and then moaned about it on the radio.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was very interested when McCall left but for whatever reason didn’t go through the proper channels to actually apply for the job and then moaned about it on the radio.

Sounds perfect as the next Dunfermline boss. No interview or advert required is just what we like.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I got the impression that he wanted us to roll out the red carpet for him. He should have just applied properly and kept his mouth shut.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I got the impression that he wanted us to roll out the red carpet for him. He should have just applied properly and kept his mouth shut.

Not sure if he is capable of that?

Pretty bonkers we've had to get rid of a manager at the beginning of September...

Still i think we should give it to Neil McCann or Yogi just until the summer and then reevaluate 

McCann did surprisingly well at Inverness, McIntyre would probably give us the two fingers after wanting it twice and being rejected, Petrie clearly doesn't want to leave the East Coast

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Pretty bonkers we've had to get rid of a manager at the beginning of September...

Still i think we should give it to Neil McCann or Yogi just until the summer and then reevaluate 

McCann did surprisingly well at Inverness, McIntyre would probably give us the two fingers after wanting it twice and being rejected, Petrie clearly doesn't want to leave the East Coast

Thistle did something similar two years ago...

Don't go there, honestly....

Ayr have waited 28 years to be in the same league as us and we’ve absolutely broken them within 6 weeks of the season starting.

200.gif
Missed the part that he got sacked after being defeated by yourselves, we hardly laid a glove on you because of his tactics not because you were that much better, by the return match in a few weeks we might have a competent manger who might try and win the game so be careful what you wish for.