Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

You have to keep Hopkin, take Grant too but the £100k is a bar tab for you to drown your sorrow.

Excellent we'll put it behind the bar at the hub

9 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Wonder if Jim McIntyre would be along for the hat trick of rejections. Perhaps if he asks enough times they might give him a try

He's recently started his own PT business, guess he's probably called it a day trying to get another manager job. Was absolutely on-board with him last time around. 

7 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

All you Ayr fans know it is 'Jobby' McCall that you need. He is made for you.

We want to be lied to and told everything will be ok. We want a team of superstars that are always fucking injured for some reason.

we want to be left thinking “if only” at the end of a season rather than thank f**k that’s over.

We want a manager that thinks beyond kick off on a Saturday and doesn’t sit with his head in his hands when one of his charges makes an arse of it.Again. Then changes f**k all

A manager who already knows who he wants in the next window and has already spoken to that player. 

A manager that can convince an overweight part-time bound forward to become a Scotland international. 

If the free hat and jacket fits anyone else other than McCall then they should get their CV ready

1 minute ago, honestly united said:

As much as I want Hopkins out, when you look at the list of possible replacements it gives you the fear nearly as much as Hopkin staying

They were also there when Dunfermline hired Peter Grant……which is even more puzzling 

15 minutes ago, honestly united said:

As much as I want Hopkins out, when you look at the list of possible replacements it gives you the fear nearly as much as Hopkin staying

The list of replacements isn’t what scares me, there’s definite upgrades out there. It’s which one of them Smith would plump for that’s the scary part. If he was blown away by Hopkin then who knows who his next choice will be.

34 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The list of replacements isn’t what scares me, there’s definite upgrades out there. It’s which one of them Smith would plump for that’s the scary part. If he was blown away by Hopkin then who knows who his next choice will be.

I know its a bit revisionist, but we went from McCall to Kerr which was a step down, but could probably have turned things round if he had got in an experienced coach or 2, to Hopkin, who although managed to keep us up (in hindsight maybe Kerr would have made a better job of that also) is definitely a step down again on Kerr. Style wise as well, Kerr was desperate for a big target man to give an option to go long, and had started to move from the quick passing to a more direct style, but again Hopkin is another step down on that.

Player wise I think a semi competent manager could have us mid table - we all know we need another centre mid but could get by with what we have but Im just worried we would end up with someone else Hopkinesque

Edited by honestly united