Next permanent Ayr United manager

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Far too optimistic imo, he'll get at least til Christmas.

Not if current form continues, that would be asinine.

It would be, but I still feel like it'll happen unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong though.

31 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Far too optimistic imo, he'll get at least til Christmas.

Depends when others turn, no way he makes it to Christmas with fans calling for it from September.  The chairman is a sensitive soul, trust me I've found this out :lol:

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Depends when others turn, no way he makes it to Christmas with fans calling for it from September.  The chairman is a sensitive soul, trust me I've found this out :lol:

The chairman’s interview after the appointment was bizarre in hindsight. 

it became less of an interview and more of a conversation about football and I just had a feeling.

I was willing to give Hopkin the benefit of the doubt from day one. He then described a championship league game against Hearts as a “free hit” his interview have been few and far between but have mostly been nonsense anyway. 
his latest is almost like he is trying to fool himself that today wasn’t some meek attempt at winning a football match.

the first Arbroath game and then the Kilmarnock game have shown he has not been able to motivate a team, the displays have shown he struggles to set a team up to play football.

The chairman is a successful business man and he’ll be aware that this looks like his f**k-up, which will maybe explain why he has backed him as much. Once the window is shut, I would hope that Smith was tightening the screws on Hopkin. Assuming out form hasn’t done a full 180

Still continued to be amazed by Ayr fans stupidly, I don’t know what standard you believe you should be at but you need to realise what you are. Hopkins is doing fine with the resources available to him, you’re not a  club that should be a regular championship team.