The Official 'Who's Going Down' Thread

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

As desperate as you are for him to be shite he will score more than twice as many as Stevie May will this season.

Jokes on you, 0 x 2 =0

31 minutes ago, akuram said:

That’s not difficult.

35 goals since that fateful season he scored 27 goals in a single season.

8 year ago I believe. 

Chris Kane is more efficient with his 5 per season.

Just goes to show though, if St Johnstone had someone that they could rely on to hit the back of the net regularly they might have secured that £3m bonus in Europe and not sold their two best players. Still expect them to be more than fine this season but such slim margins change fortunes.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

8 year ago I believe. 

Minus the 2 years he missed as his knees imploded, obviously.

8 year ago I believe. 
Chris Kane is more efficient with his 5 per season.
Just goes to show though, if St Johnstone had someone that they could rely on to hit the back of the net regularly they might have secured that £3m bonus in Europe and not sold their two best players. Still expect them to be more than fine this season but such slim margins change fortunes.

They’ve still got Callum Hendry.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Stevie May is only 26 then? 

No, he's a 28yo who missed around 2 years of football in the middle of his career injured.

Then lost another couple to Mcinnesball.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh aye, He’s got a catalogue of corkers. 

Anytime I’m reminded of Celtic doing us 9-0 I hear his post match interview where he says ‘it was only 3 points’. 

Which shows the ego of the man. Derek, Calderwood and Brown would have played the "locked in the dressing room" card and known there's nothing that can be said to make the result easier to take. No talking your way out of that one.

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There we go 

I'm only joking tbh, the injuries done the damage.

Tommie Hobans interview has a few things you could imagine May saying one day tbh.

McPake is clearly a terrible manager, but he's found success with managing to sign the likes of Adam and Cummings whilst in the Championship, becoming the best of the rest and getting past a laughable Kilmarnock side over 2 legs, adding Griffiths to that and there's little chance of Dundee being relegated IMO.  Those 3 players trump McPake's uselessness.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

McPake is clearly a terrible manager, but he's found success with managing to sign the likes of Adam and Cummings whilst in the Championship, becoming the best of the rest and getting past a laughable Kilmarnock side over 2 legs, adding Griffiths to that and there's little chance of Dundee being relegated IMO.  Those 3 players trump McPake's uselessness.

I don't know if he's terrible - but he definitely isn't the best.

He's very good on the recruitment side of things and he's very, very good at managing people (just look at Kane Hemmings interview about suffering from depression as evidence of this). His in-game management has been absolutely pathetic at times, but he's the youngest manager in the top flight and 4th youngest in Scotland behind Kevin Thomson, Gary Irvine and Jamie Hamill all who manage in the bottom tier and haven't been a manager for more than 6 month. He's shown he can learn and he's absolutely much better than when we appointed him. 

He's also the second longest serving manager in the top flight behind Steven Gerrard. If he sees out the season, he will be our longest serving manager manager since Jim Duffy's first spell in 1993 (although other managers have managed more games in that time) and that's because he's ultimately achieving his targets by hook or crook.

I don't know if he's terrible - but he definitely isn't the best.
He's very good on the recruitment side of things and he's very, very good at managing people (just look at Kane Hemmings interview about suffering from depression as evidence of this). His in-game management has been absolutely pathetic at times, but he's the youngest manager in the top flight and 4th youngest in Scotland behind Kevin Thomson, Gary Irvine and Jamie Hamill all who manage in the bottom tier and haven't been a manager for more than 6 month. He's shown he can learn and he's absolutely much better than when we appointed him. 
He's also the second longest serving manager in the top flight behind Steven Gerrard. If he sees out the season, he will be our longest serving manager manager since Jim Duffy's first spell in 1993 (although other managers have managed more games in that time) and that's because he's ultimately achieving his targets by hook or crook.

He was a young and inexperienced manager who made lots of mistakes. He’s definitely improving and makes less glaring mistakes IMO. He might turn out to be a pretty decent manager, might even be already. Having said that, if we lose on Saturday I’ll be calling for the cuntos head.