The Official 'Who's Going Down' Thread

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He seems to be under the impression that if he does well with us, Ange will give him an extension and bring him back into the fold. That's what he's going public with anyways.

I’d bet decent money he’ll never play for Celtic again. 

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He doesn't believe he's been hard done by. He's said most of it he's brought onto himself.

The rest is just a lot of nonsense since the first point doesn't hold up.

Yeah he said just a few days ago that John Kennedy not playing him was a reason he never got in the Euros squad, while also continously contradicting himself over the move he wanted to make this Summer. One minute he was desperate to play for McPake, the next he's saying Hibs was his preferred move.

He's not a reliable narrator, and he gives all the signs of someone who think they're hard done by, so I know what I believe. 

Griffiths probably fully believes he's just been hard done by over the past few years, and he's still capable of getting into the Scotland squad and getting his big move to the EPL.
Same path Riordan/O'Connor went on.
Go off the rails, stop training, lose all fitness, start dropping down the ladder but blame it on everyone else. Every season until they reach rock bottom.
He'll probably enjoy his time under McPake, but I don't think it'll change his path now.

His career has been nothing like as wasteful as Riordan and O’Connor. As desperate as you are for him to be shite he will score more than twice as many as Stevie May will this season.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah he said just a few days ago that John Kennedy not playing him was a reason he never got in the Euros squad, while also continously contradicting himself over the move he wanted to make this Summer. One minute he was desperate to play for McPake, the next he's saying Hibs was his preferred move.

He's not a reliable narrator, and he gives all the signs of someone who think they're hard done by, so I know what I believe. 

Where did he say that John Kennedy not playing him was the reason he never got into the Euros? Where did he say Hibs was his preferred move?

Genuinely curious, as I thought I'd read/watched most of his interviews over the past week.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Where did he say that John Kennedy not playing him was the reason he never got into the Euros? Where did he say Hibs was his preferred move?

Genuinely curious, as I thought I'd read/watched most of his interviews over the past week.

The Hibs thing is probably inferred from the pretty vague quote on the BBC about how if they'd answered the phone he'd have had a tough decision to make.

"I had a couple [of offers] from England, and I got told Hibs were interested late but nobody picked up the phone there," he said.

"If they pick up the phone it's a different story. It would have been a massive decision. But they didn't so it was an easy decision for me coming here."

Link

He doesn't explicitly say it was his preferred move though.

Saying "if they pick up the phone it's a different story" is a weird thing to say at an announcement for your new club. Heavy Mark McGhee "I was holding out for the Celtic job" when being unveiled as Aberdeen manager vibes :lol:.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, capt_oats said:

The Hibs thing is probably inferred from the pretty vague quote on the BBC about how if they'd answered the phone he'd have had a tough decision to make.

Saying "if they pick up the phone it's a different story" is a weird thing to say at an announcement for your new club. Heavy Mark McGhee and his "I was holding out for the Celtic job" when being unveiled as Aberdeen manager vibes :lol:.

I don't think a player saying a manager picking up the phone to make you feel wanted like James McPake did would have made it a more difficult decision anything like Mark McGhee saying he was holding out for the Celtic job tbh.

Indeed, McPake said:

“Things got complicated when the other club agreed things with Celtic. But he said ‘look, I gave you my word, I’m coming’.

“When I was at Hibs I told him ‘I will back you in everything you do. I will always be here for you if you need me’.

“He said ‘you gave me your word, years ago’.

“So he said that having given me his word, he was coming to Dundee.

“He said: ‘I will be at the club at eight in the morning’ and he was, he was here at five to eight.”

Link.

If this is the sort of lengths RandomGuy is going to go to, to write Griffiths off as being completely done then we'll just judge it in the way Griffiths wants to be judged:

I’m sick of saying I have points to prove. I’m just going to let my football do the talking, help the team, make sure we are up that table, score goals and make sure I’m playing well.

Derek Riordan was on trial at Brechin City at Griffiths age having been released by St Johnstone before he even turned 30. Garry O'Connor had been out the game for 2 year before going to Greenock Morton and inspiring a top gif when he was Griffiths' age.

Griffiths is still earning around £15k per week at the age of 31. He could easily have went further in the game if he had his head screwed on, but he's not exactly thrown away his career in the way that people are trying to suggest.

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think a player saying a manager picking up the phone to make you feel wanted like James McPake did would have made it a more difficult decision anything like Mark McGhee saying he was holding out for the Celtic job tbh.

Indeed, McPake said:

If this is the sort of lengths RandomGuy is going to go to, to write Griffiths off as being completely done then we'll just judge it in the way Griffiths wants to be judged:

Derek Riordan was on trial at Brechin City at Griffiths age having been released by St Johnstone before he even turned 30. Garry O'Connor had been out the game for 2 year before going to Greenock Morton and inspiring a top gif when he was Griffiths' age.

Griffiths is still earning around £15k per week at the age of 31. He could easily have went further in the game if he had his head screwed on, but he's not exactly thrown away his career in the way that people are trying to suggest.

Random has been hitting the copium pipe quite deeply since his (and his club's) deadline day meltdown. Now they're spinning it that their deadline day firesale was actually very astute business when the day before they wanted Brown hunted.

And speaking of Steve Brown it's come out now that the chairman of St Johnstone is a massive glory hunting Rangers fan. 

Sad times in Perth, imo...

Edited by CanadianDee

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Where did he say that John Kennedy not playing him was the reason he never got into the Euros? 

Screenshot_20210905-151526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.be7d85506ce751d1b28719b94323d2a7.jpg

It wasn't "unfortunate" Leigh, its because you couldn't be arsed turning up to train half the time.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Saying "if they pick up the phone it's a different story" is a weird thing to say at an announcement for your new club. Heavy Mark McGhee "I was holding out for the Celtic job" when being unveiled as Aberdeen manager vibes :lol:.

I think he said ‘obviously I’d rather have been at Celtic but I’m here now’ or something to that effect. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think he said ‘obviously I’d rather have been at Celtic but I’m here now’ or something to that effect. 

His order of preference was clearly Celtic, Hibs, then Dundee.

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's stating the obvious but that mix of a lack of self-awareness and massive ego is quite something.

Absolutely nowhere near as bad as that press conference but sitting at FP in his second stint talking about how had sliding doors moments went a different way he could have been managing Liverpool rather than Motherwell is sensational.

Like, I know what you mean and what you're getting at but Jesus Christ! don't say it aloud.

41 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It's stating the obvious but that mix of a lack of self-awareness and massive ego is quite something.

Absolutely nowhere near as bad as that press conference but sitting at FP in his second stint talking about how had sliding doors moments went a different way he could have been managing Liverpool rather than Motherwell is sensational.

Like, I know what you mean and what you're getting at but Jesus Christ! don't say it aloud.

Oh aye, He’s got a catalogue of corkers. 

Anytime I’m reminded of Celtic doing us 9-0 I hear his post match interview where he says ‘it was only 3 points’.